Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yep.  

Garland looks like a nice piece long term, as do both Green and Mobley.  I also have no faith that pick next year won’t be a high lottery pick.

I don’t think Cade is that much better than Green and Mobley myself.

Yeah I love me some Garland. I think he takes another step next year and eventually will be one of the best PGs in the league. 

No way I trade up unless it’s a very reasonable price so we can make sure we get who we want. But I’d rather just sit tight. As @roger murdock said there are 4 guys that could all go #1 in this draft. 

Yeah I’m pretty positive we’ll be drafting reasonably well next year too. Some good players coming out. And I can’t remember if next year they’re eliminating the one and done rule or not, I can’t find info on it. But if true next year could be packed with good players. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Garland is a nice piece but he’s nothing special. The league is filled with small guards who can shoot. Cade needs to run the offense. I’m much higher in him as an all around player than green who’s mostly just a scorer. As good as Mobley might be he’s still just a big. Can’t carry an offense and create for everyone on the floor. I’m not high on any big unless they’re some transcendent prospect. 

That’s all fair, but I still think this is fairly irrelevant.  I think Detroit is just gonna take Cade and be done with it.

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Garland is a nice piece but he’s nothing special. The league is filled with small guards who can shoot. Cade needs to run the offense. I’m much higher in him as an all around player than green who’s mostly just a scorer. As good as Mobley might be he’s still just a big. Can’t carry an offense and create for everyone on the floor. I’m not high on any big unless they’re some transcendent prospect. 

I don't know how you could claim after a sophomore season where Darius was one of the most improved overall players in the league that he's nothing special. He was one of the better PG's in the game with playing the screen and roll, and he was also one of the best distributors to post players as well. I'm not giving up Sexton or Garland to get #1. 

2 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I don't know how you could claim after a sophomore season where Darius was one of the most improved overall players in the league that he's nothing special. He was one of the better PG's in the game with playing the screen and roll, and he was also one of the best distributors to post players as well. I'm not giving up Sexton or Garland to get #1. 

That’s fine. I’m sure he will be a decent starter. But I don’t think he has anywhere near the all around potential that Cade does. Cade has luka like potential with his size and shooting. Point forwards are so much more valuable than regular sized PGs. With the exception of the very rare Lillards and Currys. 

7 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

They are going to take us to the woodshed for that pick

Not really, it didnt take that mucb to move up from #3 to #1 in the ‘17 draft. Its not going to take that much. As long as they Cavs can keep Garland, everyone else and protected 1st rd picks are all On the table

NBA Jump had some discussions about the draft and many analysts stated they believe Houston to use 2 pick on Green to play with Porter.  I believe Mobley is the perfect pick for Cavs and this outcome would really help.  Also, I believe Altman has been told that unless things change he will be gone.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, #32 said:

NBA Jump had some discussions about the draft and many analysts stated they believe Houston to use 2 pick on Green to play with Porter.  I believe Mobley is the perfect pick for Cavs and this outcome would really help.  Also, I believe Altman has been told that unless things change he will be gone.

Am I the only one that gets pissed every time I hear the words "Porter" and "Houston"?

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Am I the only one that gets pissed every time I hear the words "Porter" and "Houston"?

nope. trading him was one of the dumbest things we have done as a franchise in recent history. look at the player development we have had with our young talent the last few years. our player development record is one of the reasons why im actually open to trading back a little and acquiring more picks (or just trading some current players for more picks). i think KPJ was traded because he embarrassed Koby in front of the team, which is absurd. Love has done countless things and he's still on the team, and around the team. 

Oh well, he's gone and not coming back. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

nope. trading him was one of the dumbest things we have done as a franchise in recent history. look at the player development we have had with our young talent the last few years. our player development record is one of the reasons why im actually open to trading back a little and acquiring more picks (or just trading some current players for more picks). i think KPJ was traded because he embarrassed Koby in front of the team, which is absurd. Love has done countless things and he's still on the team, and around the team. 

Oh well, he's gone and not coming back. 

Major sign of insecurity and weakness, this could have been handled in a different way, hell even suspend him multiple games. But to take a super talented kid and a talent depleted roster and trade him for pennies on a dollar but let Love throw hissy fits on a regular makes him look terrible. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Major sign of insecurity and weakness, this could have been handled in a different way, hell even suspend him multiple games. But to take a super talented kid and a talent depleted roster and trade him for pennies on a dollar but let Love throw hissy fits on a regular makes him look terrible. 

I'm aligned with you on this. I also think we just botched the entire thing with KPJ. I don't know why the solution is always to take guys away from sports to fix whatever issue is present. Not only do we keep him off the court, but then we make a trade and give the kid's locker away to another player. Just silly dumb stuff that most will point out as "immaturity issues" on the player, but what about on the organization? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I'm aligned with you on this. I also think we just botched the entire thing with KPJ. I don't know why the solution is always to take guys away from sports to fix whatever issue is present. Not only do we keep him off the court, but then we make a trade and give the kid's locker away to another player. Just silly dumb stuff that most will point out as "immaturity issues" on the player, but what about on the organization

Bingo

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck