Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

@AkronsWitness

I don’t think Green and Mobley are who the media thinks they are

I don’t see Green great at anything besides his scoring. Which is great to have of course but I don’t think he makes the people around him better which to me is necessary for a A level prospect. 

Mobley I don’t think is what people make him out to be. I think he’s a 5 long term. If you get a decent sign and trade with J Allen I’m much happier to go Mobley. But long term he doesn’t create enough space with what he’s great at if you want to keep Allen. 

based on that’s give me Kuminga and with Kai Jones Scottie Barnes or Jalen Johnson. 

Then you actually have a foreseeable starting 5 and you can build your team from there. You can start to create depth and roles and an identify. 

I just think Green and Mobley are overhyped. 

5 minutes ago, brownie man said:

@AkronsWitness

I don’t think Green and Mobley are who the media thinks they are

I don’t see Green great at anything besides his scoring. Which is great to have of course but I don’t think he makes the people around him better which to me is necessary for a A level prospect. 

Mobley I don’t think is what people make him out to be. I think he’s a 5 long term. If you get a decent sign and trade with J Allen I’m much happier to go Mobley. But long term he doesn’t create enough space with what he’s great at if you want to keep Allen. 

based on that’s give me Kuminga and with Kai Jones Scottie Barnes or Jalen Johnson. 

Then you actually have a foreseeable starting 5 and you can build your team from there. You can start to create depth and roles and an identify. 

I just think Green and Mobley are overhyped. 

Fair enough, I respect your opinion.

I think what turns me off to Kuminga is that he is a god awful shooter and the Cavs we're dead last in 3pt%, 28th in attempts and dead last in overall scoring.

The Cavs just can't score the dam ball or shoot the ball in a league full of skilled 3 ball chuckers. Which is why if I had a pick it would be Green strictly for his shooting and pure scoring ability. He aligns with what the Cavs need most. I would follow that by Mobley because he is too talented in too many areas not to be a really good NBA player. Kuminga would be after that strictly as a lotto ticket that he figures out his jumper.

Kuminga right now is like a bigger Okoro. Having both of them on the court with no jumpers would be.....yikes.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Fair enough, I respect your opinion.

I think what turns me off to Kuminga is that he is a god awful shooter and the Cavs we're dead last in 3pt%, 28th in attempts and dead last in overall scoring.

Kuminga right now is like a bigger Okoro. Having both of them on the court with no jumpers would be.....yikes.

When I watch Kuminga though I really think he can improve his consistency. He’s not like a Simmons where he is reluctant to shoot. He has a smooth stroke and good form he just needs consistency. He’s young only 18 still while also playing injured. 

I just really believe in Kumingas talent as a future wing player. 

I do admit we’ll see a 3 ball shooter. But you can find that at pick 8. Or next year with our first rounder. 

It’s not like Mobley would improve our 3 point shooting at all. 

Just now, brownie man said:

When I watch Kuminga though I really think he can improve his consistency. He’s not like a Simmons where he is reluctant to shoot. He has a smooth stroke and good form he just needs consistency. He’s young only 18 still while also playing injured. 

I just really believe in Kumingas talent as a future wing player. 

I do admit we’ll see a 3 ball shooter. But you can find that at pick 8. Or next year with our first rounder. 

It’s not like Mobley would improve our 3 point shooting at all. 

Right but Mobley would potentially give us a franchise player with Pau Gasol, Chris Bosh, Anthony Davis type upside. I don't know what people think Kuminga can turn into. Caron Butler maybe??

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Right but Mobley would potentially give us a franchise player with Pau Gasol, Chris Bosh, Anthony Davis type upside. I don't know what people think Kuminga can turn into. Caron Butler maybe??

He’s gotten a lot of Jaylen Brown comparisons. I would definitely say that’s fair for him for what he’s shown so far. If you watch him man he’s supremely talented. He’s a natural athlete and he can shoot score around the basket pass an defend. 

go watch Jalen Green highlights and you’ll see Kuminga set him up a ton. So many great passes half court and full court. Actually go watch him 

24 minutes ago, brownie man said:

He’s gotten a lot of Jaylen Brown comparisons. I would definitely say that’s fair for him for what he’s shown so far. If you watch him man he’s supremely talented. He’s a natural athlete and he can shoot score around the basket pass an defend. 

go watch Jalen Green highlights and you’ll see Kuminga set him up a ton. So many great passes half court and full court. Actually go watch him 

Oh I did, I was super impressed with his driving ability and some of his footwork. He wasn't just muscling his way, he was actually putting great moves on guys. 

Trust me I would love him, but I would love him more with a pick we got from a Sexton trade. Somebody on another board mentioned trading Sexton + 22 protected pick to Orlando for #5 and taking Kuminga/Mobley at #3/#5

I would love that

Edited by AkronsWitness

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Oh I did, I was super impressed with his driving ability and some of his footwork. He wasn't just muscling his way, he was actually putting great moves on guys. 

Trust me I would love him, but I would love him more with a pick we got from a Sexton trade. Somebody on another board mentioned trading Sexton + 22 protected pick to Orlando for #5 and taking Kuminga/Mobley at #3/#5

I would love that

Oh I would love that 

that’d be nasty 

The Cavs need to have an identity or brand.  In today’s NBA, isolation ball and 3pt shooting are the tools that players need to perform.  Additionally the concept of super teams has diminished the basics of basketball skills.  My old school idea is to draft Mobley, sign Hartenstein, trade Love, and get the best 2 and 3 defender they can in FA.  Keep Sexton unless they get an offer they cannot refuse.  Keep Wade and Cedi!  Trade Prince and his expiring contract. The new identity would be the best defensive team in the league as well as inside scoring with our bigs.  Allen, Mobley, Nance, and Okoro are very solid defenders. I think Mobley can develop into a scorer but more importantly he can cover the elite players like Lebrun, Durant, and Giannis with Allen protecting the rim.

8 hours ago, brownie man said:

Oh I would love that 

that’d be nasty 

Right?!

Trade Collin Sexton + 22' top 3 protected FRP to Orlando. Receive #5 Overall.

PG- Garland

SG- Okoro

SF- Kuminga

PF- Mobley

C- Allen

Oh boy. That team would struggle to score until Okoro/Kuminga/Mobley developed their offense but holy shizz would that team be big, long and defensive monsters.

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Right?!

PG- Garland

SG- Okoro

SF- Kuminga

PF- Mobley

C- Allen

Oh boy. That team would struggle to score until Okoro/Kuminga/Mobley developed their offense but holy shizz would that team be big, long and defensive monsters.

That best thing about that roster is that we’d be a high lottery team for years to come. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Right?!

PG- Garland

SG- Okoro

SF- Kuminga

PF- Mobley

C- Allen

That pick will be higher than #5 because nobody can score on that team. Kuminga isn’t ready to be a rotation player. 

40 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

That pick will be higher than #5 because nobody can score on that team. Kuminga isn’t ready to be a rotation player. 

Im not sure, I think it will be amazing how well the Cavs would do if they dont walk into every game at a disadvantage starting two undersized guards. Just untangling the roster itself will lead to more wins.

There is not a magic elixir out there to turn the Cavs into a competitive playoff team next year so you have to take baby steps.

Man, Jalen Green would be such a good backcourt fit with Garland. Garland is the primary distributor and the one who keeps the offense flowing. Green would be (imo) an above average secondary ball handler, but would struggle to be a PG type distributor. And Green has already shown that he's much better shooting within the flow of the offense rather than hold and shoot. And defensively Green is big enough to guard small 3's and fast enough to guard the best 1's, so Garland can hide on the other team's worst offensive player.

I'm starting to lose hope that we get Green. I think Houston/Detroit go Cunningham/Green in some order. And I like Mobley and will be fine with it. But man, Green is freaking special. Like, he's not perfect, he needs to get stronger especially. But EVERYTHING you hear about the guy is that he will 100% put in the work to do it.

47 minutes ago, FGK said:

Man, Jalen Green would be such a good backcourt fit with Garland. Garland is the primary distributor and the one who keeps the offense flowing. Green would be (imo) an above average secondary ball handler, but would struggle to be a PG type distributor. And Green has already shown that he's much better shooting within the flow of the offense rather than hold and shoot. And defensively Green is big enough to guard small 3's and fast enough to guard the best 1's, so Garland can hide on the other team's worst offensive player.

I'm starting to lose hope that we get Green. I think Houston/Detroit go Cunningham/Green in some order. And I like Mobley and will be fine with it. But man, Green is freaking special. Like, he's not perfect, he needs to get stronger especially. But EVERYTHING you hear about the guy is that he will 100% put in the work to do it.

My problem with Green is that Okoro isn’t a starting small forward in the league. I think if you put him at the 3 and expect him to be your day in and out starter your going to be at a big disadvantage 

Jayson Tatum, KD, Kawai, Lebron, Siakim, Butler, Middleton

Plus more will always have a big size advantage on him which long term night in and out will cause problems. 

So unless we make Okoro a bench player I just don’t love the fit with Green. I like Okoro but long term his best fit is at the 2

• Like 1

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck