Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

3 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

We did it boys. We did the smart thing. 

Love how a couple people have already begun backtracking on not liking him. 

Imagine being worried about Mobley but absolutely sold on Kuminga. 

So can I breathe yet? 

Depth Chart looks pretty good going into free agency

PG - Garland - Rubio

SG - Sexton -

SF - Okoro - Cedi - Stevens - Windler

PF - Mobely - Nance - Love - Wade

C - Allen - 

Hartenstein is a FA who should be brought back as a back up center.

We should look to move one of Cedi or Windler as the season progresses.

I think Cedi would be better on a team where he can come in off the bench as a point forward. He had a bad year shooting last year but I think he will rebound shooting wise. 

Windler is never healthy. If he maintains a decent stretch of health, we should look to move to a contender that needs shooting. 

Okoro should move to SG in the minutes when DG comes out of the game and Collin plays point. 

I really hope Lamar Stevens develops a higher arching 3 point shot. He can score off the dribble and going to the rim against back ups. He is someone to look out for as a back up 3. Great defender and cutter as well.

Nance should start at 4 until Mobley gets more comfortable there. I like Larry's flexibility to play at 3 for short spurts especially when we need size. 

Love honestly should be used as a super 6th man in bursts for as long as hes healthy. Hes awful in the starting line up due to his defense. 

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Mobley is a perfect mold of a modern day big. He’s got the athleticism and IQ to defend out to the 3 point line.

I’m really impressed with two things with Mobley. 

1) he blocks a crap ton of shots and has a really low number of fouls. 

2) he’s got basketball IQ coming out of his ***. He’s got that much basketball IQ. 

3) have a nice day

Edited by Bonanza23
Crop ton…hmmm

10 hours ago, nugpimpen said:

Serious question, why can't we just waive K Love? Dude is a stain on this franchise. 

I think then it would be stretched out over 4 years. Just take the hit now and be done with him after next year when his deal is up. And try like hell to trade him before then. 

On 7/31/2021 at 8:58 AM, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think then it would be stretched out over 4 years. Just take the hit now and be done with him after next year when his deal is up. And try like hell to trade him before then. 

Actually they can stretch it over 5 years.  But that means it's anywhere from 9-12 mil/yr depending on buyout amount in dead money for that period of time.

We’re about to pay 100 million for a backup center

2-3 years from now I guarantee you fans are going to be complaining we have too many resources devoted to one position. 

I just don’t think this will be a great move. Your positioning yourself to hope you can trade him later. Smh 

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

He’s worth it if him and Mobley can coexist together. They’d give us elite interior defense.

He could be valuable mobleys first year or 2 but eventually Mobley will have to start at C and it’s not gonna be easy putting a 100M player on the bench. 

20 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He could be valuable mobleys first year or 2 but eventually Mobley will have to start at C and it’s not gonna be easy putting a 100M player on the bench. 

That’s what I’m saying man 

I don’t think it’s a great move. That’s what I been saying 

they’re gonna **** this up 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck