Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

You already have a historical ring, now time to keep getting thst bag. Would you buy out of this contract? Don’t blame him for not buying out

If I had made a quarter billion dollars I’m not making decisions based around making more money.  I’ve got plenty.  I’d rather win or just retire if I had no desire to actually compete.

18 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

If I had made a quarter billion dollars I’m not making decisions based around making more money.  I’ve got plenty.  I’d rather win or just retire if I had no desire to actually compete.

That girl he’s got isn’t cheap. I doubt that quarter of a billion is still there. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

if you had no desire to win,wouldnt you just collect your guaranteed money...that you are getting no matter what. Would you walkaway from an easy $60m 

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

if you had no desire to win,wouldnt you just collect your guaranteed money...that you are getting no matter what. Would you walkaway from an easy $60m 

Anyone with a modicum of dignity would, especially considering how much of the 60 they would get in a buyout.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Anyone with a modicum of dignity would, especially considering how much of the 60 they would get in a buyout.

again why would he take the buy out?He prolly wont even get half of it in the buy out and I doubt another team is going to give him a deal to make up for it. He got his ring, so no need to take pay cut to chase a ring

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

again why would he take the buy out?He prolly wont even get half of it in the buy out and I doubt another team is going to give him a deal to make up for it. He got his ring, so no need to take pay cut to chase a ring

But he doesn’t want to play either, or so it seems. Take the buyout and go live your life.

Like, how much money do you need?  Think of the 5 wealthiest people you know.  Combined they likely don’t have his cash, or anything close to it.

I just couldn’t imagine continuing to do something I wasn’t interested in for the sake of money when I already have more than I’ll ever need by a significant margin.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I just couldn’t imagine continuing to do something I wasn’t interested in for the sake of money when I already have more than I’ll ever need by a significant margin.

I would add something detrimental to the team for the sake of money I am not earning

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

But he doesn’t want to play either, or so it seems. Take the buyout and go live your life.

Like, how much money do you need?  Think of the 5 wealthiest people you know.  Combined they likely don’t have his cash, or anything close to it.

I understand your points but how many people are going turn that kind of money down.  we can tell ourselves that now when we arent in their shoes but who is going to turn down money like that. For Love, that literally doubles his net worth.

Also I hope it makes Dan mad that he has to pay Love that much money. Teach him to stop playing GM.

IDK, Ill never get upset over another person getting paid. Ill always be pro-labor, Its prolly why Bruce hates the Love situation so much. 

10 hours ago, buno67 said:

I understand your points but how many people are going turn that kind of money down.  we can tell ourselves that now when we arent in their shoes but who is going to turn down money like that. For Love, that literally doubles his net worth.

well to answer the first part we need to correct the second.  These last 2 years don’t double his net worth.  He’s already made about 200 million and I’ll assume he nets probably 50% of that after taxes, agent fees, etc.

So roughly 100 million in salary after taxes, starting over a decade ago.  Not including any of his likely multiple millions per year in endorsements.

Add to that, unless he’s cashing his paychecks and shoving them under the mattress, I’m assuming he’s made plenty of money on investments as well.  Oh and real estate I’m sure.

He also wouldn’t be giving up that money.  It’s called a buyout because they do have to pay you.  He’d likely get paid 8 figured to go away. 

Also I hope it makes Dan mad that he has to pay Love that much money. Teach him to stop playing GM.

I don’t care about Gilbert’s money at all.  He’s got plenty too.

IDK, Ill never get upset over another person getting paid. Ill always be pro-labor, Its prolly why Bruce hates the Love situation so much. 

“Pro labor” when the guy you’re defending is literally “the top 1/10th of 1%” 😂 

Like, he can do whatever, his choice, but like I said originally, why be miserable for money when you already have more than you will ever need? Either play and compete here, take the buyout and sign another contract with a competitor if you don’t want to be here or just retire.

Staying here to nurse questionable injuries and collect a check while being absurdly wealthy is just.. idk man, not what I’d do I guess.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t care about Gilbert’s money at all.  He’s got plenty too.

Well when their is a salary cap and Gilbert’s plan bite it in the butt, it hurts the team QBs hopefully teaches him to stop. 

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Pro labor” when the guy you’re defending is literally “the top 1/10th of 1%” 😂 

Still the labor when it comes to the NBA. Doesn’t matter what income bracket he is in. 

22 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Trying to look at the bright side of this, Love will allow us to keep some floor spacing when Lauri gets injured.  I think not taking the buyout means he actually plans on competing for us.

Or he just hates us that much.

Edited by Rod Johnson
  • Like 1

On 8/28/2021 at 10:01 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ive always wondered the same thing with athletes though its hard to be in their shoes.

Especially for somebody who continuously harps on mental health, you would think Love more than anybody would prioritize being where he wants to be over more cash.

The other thing is--in 10 years, he will never remember how crappy his last 2 years in CLE were but he will still be sitting there with that 60M which is going to impact his kids kids and their kids kids.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck