Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

51 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

It’s because everybody is playing small ball.

Then the Cavs heard @AkronsWitness and decided to play 3 7 footers.

Saw a great meme.

NBA - "Every player will soon be a 6'6-6'9 positionless athletic freak."

Cavs - "No one is allowed on the floor unless they are shorter than 6'2 or taller than 7'0."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

It’s because everybody is playing small ball.

Then the Cavs heard @AkronsWitness and decided to play 3 7 footers.

Im not wrong all the time lol This team is fun as hell to watch right now and watching smaller teams try to adjust is great. The arrivals of Ribio and Mobley have changed the entire complexion of this team.

The one question I do have is I hear a buch of people saying we need to trade player X for another Player Y. No. No. No. The Cavs are winning games against playoff opponents and are really fun to watch. Why are we talking about trading ANYBODY. If anything, Im ready to sign Rubio to a 3 year extension lol

The only only only trade I would consider making would be moving Sexton for a real SG who cis a good 3pt shooter. A guy like Tyler Herro would be perfect but Im not sure a Sexton + assets for Herro is possible.

16 minutes ago, #32 said:

How about Sexton and Love plus protected #1 2023 for Simmons?  We would have best defense in the league, best rebounding team, and inside presence on fence.

Would be great!!!!  but methinks they want more..not sure what they believe they can get, but I bet it's more than an offer of Sexton and Love plus a protected 1

• Like 1

9 hours ago, #32 said:

How about Sexton and Love plus protected #1 2023 for Simmons?  We would have best defense in the league, best rebounding team, and inside presence on fence.

Kills our spacing even more. Mobley isnt there yet as a shooter. Allen is just around the rim. So simmons Mobley and Allen would clog up a lot of space. 

8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Koby needs to make a move that force JB to start using the bench. He is going to run Mobley and Allen into the ground 

The bench sucks. But Mobley needs to sit. He looks exhausted. He’s not ready for 40 MPG. But with lauri and love out a few games allen and Mobley are going to see a lot of playing time. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

The bench sucks. But Mobley needs to sit. He looks exhausted. He’s not ready for 40 MPG. But with lauri and love out a few games allen and Mobley are going to see a lot of playing time. 

Not even that. Besides that suns game, he has been rolling with an 8man rotation a majority of the season outside of 1-2mins for mop up duty

20 hours ago, #32 said:

When the offense goes cold (which happens a lot), Colin is the only one who can get buckets. 

I would rather try to do a multi-team trade involving Okoro + Lauri + Salary + Top 3 protected first for Simmons.

Naturally Lauri would go to a 3rd team which would send a shooting wing to Philly.

I saw somewhere

Philly: Okoro + Buddy Hield + Top 3 protected 1st 

Cle: Simmons

Sac: Lauri Markkenn + Dean Wade + Valentine + Ed Davis + Phil/Cle 2nd

3 hours ago, OhioG said:

When the offense goes cold (which happens a lot), Colin is the only one who can get buckets. 

I would rather try to do a multi-team trade involving Okoro + Lauri + Salary + Top 3 protected first for Simmons.

Naturally Lauri would go to a 3rd team which would send a shooting wing to Philly.

I saw somewhere

Philly: Okoro + Buddy Hield + Top 3 protected 1st 

Cle: Simmons

Sac: Lauri Markkenn + Dean Wade + Valentine + Ed Davis + Phil/Cle 2nd

A player like Markkenn is absolutely critical to have if you have simmons. You need spacing. Allen and Mobley aren’t it and love is never healthy. I’d hate to give him up to get simmons unless we get another stretch big back. 

14 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:
14 hours ago, buno67 said:

Koby needs to make a move that force JB to start using the bench. He is going to run Mobley and Allen into the ground 

The only NBA viable bigs on the roster are Lauri/Love/Allen/Mobley so it was obvious that Mobley/Allen would've played way more than they should've last night with both Lauri and Love out.  They need to find a non-meme 5th big.  Even someone like Marvin Bagley would work in that role.

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Mobley plays extremely hard. JB needs to let him rest a bit. Play him like 32 minutes a game at max.

The good part is....we have a good young backup in Dean Wade who for the last 2 years has shown he is more than capable of being productive in 15-20ish mins. per game. Use him.

Im also concerned about the volume for JA. He is producing like a mad man but he looks exhausted as well. We really really need to let some of the big man reserved like Love/Wade come in and push 20 mins so we dont break the starters by mid season. Thats when injuries happen.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck