Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Great game by Mobley tonight. 

Ricky Rubio decided to go Klay nuclear from 3.

Sexton played well before getting injured

DG shoots some pretty 3s.

Dean Wade and Lamar Stevens need to do a fusion dance. 

Windler is a good spacer and defends and rebounds well. Injury concern the only neg with him.

Off shooting night for Cedi. 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:
2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

The cavs were better during the lebron era no doubt but for some reason I enjoy watching this team a lot more. Lebron games were very stressful. 

I completely agree with you. This team is just fun to watch

It was more stressful to watch games when LeBron was here because the expectations were so high.  It was championship or bust.  With this years team, the expectations are low, the young talent is starting to jell, & the team is actually playing with confidence.  It's early in the season but I really do enjoy watching this team a lot.

Tonight's game was a great example of  how enjoyable watching the Cavaliers is.  The team is sharing the ball, & playing defense which I believe is helping this team win.  Mobley is turning out to be a great pick so far in this early season.  Every time an opponent is coming down the lane, I see them continually throwing up rainbows trying to get it over Mobley's outstretched arm.  I'm just going to say this, Mobley should be left at Power Forward permanently.   I know a lot of people said before the draft that he should be a Center but after seeing this small sample in the beginning of the season, just leave him at PF.  It will take him years to get enough sustainable weight to even play Center on a full time basis & I think he & Allen are meshing well.

In regards to Rubio, he has been an incredible addition to the Cavaliers.   His influence on the team has been very noticeable in regards to his energy and willingness to share the ball.  His veteran leadership in my opinion has been huge as well.  Unfortunately,  he will likely be traded.  At the very least, if he keeps playing like he did tonight, his trade value will be extremely high.

Peace!!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cortes02 said:

It was more stressful to watch games when LeBron was here because the expectations were so high.  It was championship or bust.  With this years team, the expectations are low, the young talent is starting to jell, & the team is actually playing with confidence.  It's early in the season but I really do enjoy watching this team a lot.

Tonight's game was a great example of  how enjoyable watching the Cavaliers is.  The team is sharing the ball, & playing defense which I believe is helping this team win.  Mobley is turning out to be a great pick so far in this early season.  Every time an opponent is coming down the lane, I see them continually throwing up rainbows trying to get it over Mobley's outstretched arm.  I'm just going to say this, Mobley should be left at Power Forward permanently.   I know a lot of people said before the draft that he should be a Center but after seeing this small sample in the beginning of the season, just leave him at PF.  It will take him years to get enough sustainable weight to even play Center on a full time basis & I think he & Allen are meshing well.

In regards to Rubio, he has been an incredible addition to the Cavaliers.   His influence on the team has been very noticeable in regards to his energy and willingness to share the ball.  His veteran leadership in my opinion has been huge as well.  Unfortunately,  he will likely be traded.  At the very least, if he keeps playing like he did tonight, his trade value will be extremely high.

Peace!!!

If we are a playoff team, which it's too early to tell but we are playing like we can be, we aren't trading Ricky Rubio.

Rubio hit the Knicks with the Thompson double tap round drum tonight.  Unbelievable.

On 11/6/2021 at 5:52 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’d like to try and find a way to get jerami grant without having to give up too much. He would be a great forward to add to this team and might be gettable by the deadline. 

I share this feeling with you. Brandon Ingram is the name most talk about, and no doubt offensively he would be such a big addition to the nucleus, but I think Grant fits this team identity so well. I just don't know how to make a trade work. I think Collin and Cedi would have to be sent out, even if not directly to Det, I know Rubio's deal would allow it to happen too, but I really want Rubio to stick around here. I think he is the perfect veteran to have here, and he is playing at such a high level. 

• Like 1

Just now, H2ThaIzzo said:

I share this feeling with you. Brandon Ingram is the name most talk about, and no doubt offensively he would be such a big addition to the nucleus, but I think Grant fits this team identity so well. I just don't know how to make a trade work. I think Collin and Cedi would have to be sent out, even if not directly to Det, I know Rubio's deal would allow it to happen too, but I really want Rubio to stick around here. I think he is the perfect veteran to have here, and he is playing at such a high level. 

I’d rather have Ingram but I don’t see him getting traded. Not for a package around Sexton. 

8 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

There’s no way. I think he has national tv aspersions. A few years in Brooklyn and he’ll be on national tv every week. I’d love to have Channing though. 

The NBA, when it comes to the finals, they need to air a 2nd broadcast and just let RJ and Channing do it. I would watch it for that 

38 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Getting Rubio + Mobley might save Altmans job another year.

Still no love for Garland? Out of his draft class, he is tied for 4th in points per game and 2nd in assists per game. The guys ahead of Garland were guys drafted before him. Darius is looking pretty good this year. 

I think it be funny that Griffen will most likely get fired before Koby. 

Edited by buno67
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:
11 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

We better not trade Rubio at the deadline. He needs to be extended. 

Rubio is exactly the type of guy they needed to bring all this young talent together

Call me a pessimist all you want but I don't see Rubio wanting to sign an extension here.  No matter how good of a season he's having, he'll want to play for a championship contender & with Rubio being 31 years old, time is running out for him.  The only way I see Rubio signing an extension with the Cavaliers is if they "drastically" over pay him.

Peace!!!

24 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Call me a pessimist all you want but I don't see Rubio wanting to sign an extension here.  No matter how good of a season he's having, he'll want to play for a championship contender & with Rubio being 31 years old, time is running out for him.  The only way I see Rubio signing an extension with the Cavaliers is if they "drastically" over pay him.

Peace!!!

I don’t think the contenders who have money will spend it on Rubio. 

• Like 2

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck