Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

34 minutes ago, TheeRealDeal said:

Is the #8 pick not enough to get Kawhi Leonard from San Antonio?

I don't know how value works in the NBA. 

Not likely, too many other teams who would want him and could offer more.

If they want to keep LeBron wouldn't the best way to go about it be landing what seems to be a consensus Top 5 NBA player to play along side him?

Yes, but unless Leonard starts pushing for Cleveland it’s unlikely he’ll be here.

If I were the Cavs I would sell out for Leonard in hopes LeBron stays and then figure out how to find a 3rd fiddle. Or maybe Kevin Love is still a good 3rd option?

Honestly Love and 8 probably doesn’t land you Leonard, or get you anywhere near it tbh.

I don't know I don't watch enough but listening to Cavs fans talk you would think the guy is hot garbage which I know cannot be true.

He’s not garbage, but he’s a matchup issue against most of the top teams. Defensively, teams with athletic wings exploit him on switches. He also doesn’t guard centers well, nor does he like to.

1 hour ago, Mind Character said:

Sexton, Walker, Carter, and Simons will all be better pros than Porter.

Porter with the back issues is too risky to select especially b/c he is also a narrow base shooter and will struggle to consistently shot make at high percentage in the pros without a lot of work, give no defensive effort, has a diva attitude, doesn't commit to working at the game, gets defeated when down big and won't fight back in games....

Anyone but Shai Gilgeous Alexander... and I'm cool, but really anyone but SGA and Porter, Knox, Bridges, and I think we'll be okay with the selection...

Mikal Bridges will be better than Sexton, Walker, Carter, and Simons.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Mikal Bridges will be better than Sexton, Walker, Carter, and Simons.

I love Bridges. From the way he plays the game, to how confident and grown he sounds when speaking. I really see him becoming a future franchise player. 

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Porter or Carter is gonna be there, can’t be mad.

I’m just not sure about Porter. Heard a doctor on the radio saying the surgery he had is no Bueno and questioned his longevity in the league. But we have great doctors in the area so maybe the Cavs will be ok with it ??‍♂️  Could be a huge steal or bust. 

Just now, Bonanza23 said:

I’m just not sure about Porter. Heard a doctor on the radio saying the surgery he had is no Bueno and questioned his longevity in the league. But we have great doctors in the area so maybe the Cavs will be ok with it ??‍♂️  Could be a huge steal or bust. 

I think you have to swing for the fences here.

There’s risk for sure, but he’s arguably a top 3 talent.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck