Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

11 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I can stick with SGA if you'd like, but I think Young made for a good example of elevating the players' games around him despite their capabilities, or lack thereof.

With SGA, I think it was pretty clear that the dude has excellent court vision. He created great opportunities for his teammates because of his facilitation. His length allowed him to see over his defenders and fire passes to open guys. Damn straight, playing with better players has an impact. The fact that they're better doesn't mean they're the sole reason for being presented with great looks, someone had to get them the ball. SGA was effective in doing so AND, despite the talent he was surrounded with that you mentioned, emerged as the leader of that Kentucky team as the season went on.

You're leaving out the part where better players usually finish the play by scoring more than worse players do. Vision is one thing, actually making the shot is another. If vision was everything, LeBron would have averaged a double double for his career. 

Kentucky as a team shot 47% from the field and 35.7% from 3. I wonder how much better Sexton would have looked as a passer if his team had those kind of stats? Or if his team ran the same kind of offense as Oklahoma? 

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Another victim of the crooked NCAA. Hopefully he’s not too far behind in his development. 

I like him a lot, which probably means he's gonna suck. He's got to get better with his defensive effort and discipline. It's one thing if you cheat defensively to be a solid help defender and contest/block shots, but he's not good at that. He just needs to stick to his man, the NBA game has become so perimeter driven, if he just plays close, man defense, his length is going to cause problems with players taking shots. Offensively he is so dynamic, and he has decent handles as well, he just needs to accept a secondary role and allow the more developed players to get him involved, and not get stupid trying to play 1-on-1 offense. 

22 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

You're leaving out the part where better players usually finish the play by scoring more than worse players do. Vision is one thing, actually making the shot is another. If vision was everything, LeBron would have averaged a double double for his career. 

Kentucky as a team shot 47% from the field and 35.7% from 3. I wonder how much better Sexton would have looked as a passer if his team had those kind of stats? Or if his team ran the same kind of offense as Oklahoma? 

I did not obtain this POV from watching highlights, I watched games. It's beyond clear that Sexton's go-to move is to look for any openings in opposing defenses, and run right into them. You rarely saw him think on the fly, meaning when his mind was made up that he'd be creating a shot, that's exactly what happened. Look for excuses to explain why I'm wrong all you want, but it's a reality dude. He needs to improve as a facilitator.

12 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Where are you guys getting the idea next season is loaded?  I’m hearing it’s not. That kind of jives with the year after a deep draft. Not trying to stir feces generally curious. 

It’s because of RJ Barrett, Cameron Reddish, and Nassir Little

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck