Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

13 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

What happens to the Cav's and the fan base of James leaves? I don't care for BB that much, just interested in what the Cleveland reaction will be really.

Casual fans quit watching or become fans of whatever team he signs with.

The rest of prepare for decades of futility.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

What happens to the Cav's and the fan base of James leaves? I don't care for BB that much, just interested in what the Cleveland reaction will be really.

We’ll be fine. That place still sells out with or without him. Though not as much. I actually enjoy the rebuild. But it has to be done right or like @LETSGOBROWNIES said we may see decades of futility. Also the Cavs thread was never more popular than when we were in full rebuild mode. 

If he does go I will miss the crap out of the threat of going to the finals year after year. It was a danged good ride. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

will there be  animosity towards the King? 

Not from me. He got me a championship. The majority of the people I’ve talked to feel the same way. Although I’m sure there will be some who will go on and hate him again. 

Still part of me feels he’ll stay here and retire a Cavalier. I think he’ll find it won’t be as easy building a super team three times in a row. 

Btw I had a dream he stayed for another year, we were able to get rid of bad contracts, George and Leonard came here and boom I woke up ?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

JR was huge in the title right.

In game 7 he was huge, sure.

crippled the offense? What offense? Crippled the James and Irving ISO show?

When the ball goes to JR, it's getting shot towards the basket regardless of whether it's a good shot or not. True or false: JR Smith has the worst shot selection in the NBA.

yeah James would destroy in the paint but that would be a load on his body. If the refs called him fair, maybe he would be a post up player but he refs don’t call him fair so being the in post doesn’t really work for him. He doesn’t need to live there. I think that’s why he has been able to play so long and so healthy. He gets abused when he drives but he doesn’t get beat up all the time. If he was always posting up and trying to back down bigs he could easily take advantage of, they would make up what they lack in skill/ability and just be extra physical with him

I understand that he doesn't need to LIVE in the post, but when we are going through an offensive drought and shots aren't falling, he needs to post up whatever vagina is defending him and take him underneath the basket for an easy shot. Instead, he will hold the ball until there's 7 seconds on the shot clock to make a move. We make playing defense so easy for teams and can never seemingly get an easy basket. Post play gets guys easy shots.

1 hour ago, ohiogenius said:

If LeBron leaves Cleveland again my official stance will be:

If you want to be the G.O.A.T, you should stop being a snake.

“The Decison” was an awful move, but that’s only the because of the way he did it.

He’s not really a snake for exercising his right to leave as a free agent.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I thought New Zealand and Australia were the same country.

Heck no. New Zealand is know for earthquakes, the legendary Maori and a bird that tastes like old boots and a paradasaic island.

Then aussies are known for cannibalizing the Aboriginies, the brown snake, tons err heeps of poisonous spiders and the Kung fu koala. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

will there be  animosity towards the King? 

Zero. I honestly kind of hope he does leave if we can't somehow build a legitimate superteam here through some type of black magic. I want to see someone take down the Warriors. The Cavs are not doing that as they stand right now. If he goes to the Lakers and forms a LBJ/George/Kawai team, I'd be happy for him.

I was infuriated when he left the first time just because of the way he did it. I remember thinking to myself, "the fact that he's going on national TV to announce his decision bodes well for Cleveland. He's not going to throw a pie in the face of Cavs fans." He did exactly that. When I saw how terrible the Cavs really were without him, I realized he was 100% right to leave the organization. I stopped being such a hater in his 3rd and 4th year in Miami. And I fell hardcore in love with him when he came back. And then I'd feed him my first born child after he won the title in 2016. So yeah, it would suck to have unwatchable Cavs basketball if LeBron left, but the entire NBA is essentially unwatchable as it stands right now with Golden State's insanely stacked team. The fact that this meek Cavs team is the best chance that anyone had of knocking them off is pretty sad. He needs to form another group of beasts to get another ring.

The problem with the Warriors right now, IMO, is that they've become so stacked that there aren't enough great players in the league to disperse around the cities. You need 3-4 of the top 15 players to join up in order to beat that team, which is just going to ensure that 7-8 of the top 20 players in the league are on two teams. That's craziness and it's terrible for the league, but unless you want the Warriors winning the title for the next 5 years, that's what it's going to take.

• Like 1

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck