Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

“The Decison” was an awful move, but that’s only the because of the way he did it.

He’s not really a snake for exercising his right to leave as a free agent.

Yep. Exactly. This is a much different circumstance. He's never winning another ring here unless we somehow do something drastic. It'd be foolish for him to stay if he's searching for rings. It pains me to say that, but we can't offer him what other teams can. He's in the twilight of his career and rings are going to be a defining part of his legacy. It makes all the sense in the world for him to leave. I feel like his heart will always be in Cleveland, but it makes sense to become a mercenary for some other squad and build a championship resume. I'm sure he doesn't want to leave, but it makes such little sense for him to stay if you take emotion out of it.

12 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

will there be  animosity towards the King? 

Heck no. He brought us a title and delivered on his promise. 2016 means more to this city and far outweighs what he decided in 2010 or what he decides tomorrow/or in the future going forward.

• Like 3

On 6/27/2018 at 7:40 PM, Kiwibrown said:

will there be  animosity towards the King? 

There will be some. Most people will understand why he left but that won’t make us any less upset. Especially after he had his clutch guys tie up our cap situation for the next couple years. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

There will be some. Most people will understand why he left but that won’t make us any less upset. Especially after he had his clutch guys tie up our cap situation for the next couple years. 

Who cares?  We won a ring.  The juice was most definitely worth the squeeze.  It’s not my money anyway.

Honestly I'm of the opinion that he just can't win another ring here.

I love Lebron, and I would love him to be on the Cavs, but at the same time I want to see him win more rings because he deserves to be in the conversation with Jordan.

I don't know that I would love seeing him in LA, but I want to see him with Kawhi.

If I'm being honest, I hope Kawhi gets traded to Philly, and lebron goes there to play with Simmons, Fultz, Kawhi and Embid.

I don't know if it will work well together but talk about an assembly of talent....

• Like 2

No bad blood whatever ‘bron does. 

I’m aware that I’m in the minority, but I am just not big on the assembly of All Star teams. Lebron and Kawhi teaming up with another FA in *insert random city* doesn’t appeal to me. The city name just doesn’t mean anything in the NBA anymore. I had a lot of respect for how Golden State was winning titles until they brought KD in. Can’t knock the Warriors, this modern NBA philosophy is just annoying to me.

Edited by NateDawg
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I just wish if they were going to form a super team they’d do it with a more deserving franchise like Philly. Laker fans are the worst. 

Yeah I’d love to see LBJ and his “super team” get another fan base a ring after year s of waiting.

Not Philly though, their fan base had an exceptionally high percentage of arsehats.

• Like 1

I won't be too critical of Bron.  I just think that it's messed up that he wrote all that stuff in his letter about this being home, and that he wanted to retire here.

I always believed that I’d return to Cleveland and finish my career there. I just didn’t know when. After the season, free agency wasn’t even a thought. But I have two boys and my wife, Savannah, is pregnant with a girl. I started thinking about what it would be like to raise my family in my hometown. I looked at other teams, but I wasn’t going to leave Miami for anywhere except Cleveland. The more time passed, the more it felt right. This is what makes me happy.

and this

My presence can make a difference in Miami, but I think it can mean more where I’m from. I want kids in Northeast Ohio, like the hundreds of Akron third-graders I sponsor through my foundation, to realize that there’s no better place to grow up. Maybe some of them will come home after college and start a family or open a business. That would make me smile. Our community, which has struggled so much, needs all the talent it can get.

In Northeast Ohio, nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have.

I’m ready to accept the challenge. I’m coming home.

I get it...things change, and at the end of the day you want to do what's best for you and your family.  I won't hold a grudge this time around, and I will forever be grateful of the championship that was delivered. 

“Amick notes that Howard also has interest in the Washington Wizards, the New Orleans Pelicans and teaming up with LeBron James, wherever he might sign. That could create an interesting situation if James signs with the Lakers, who OddShark lists as the heavy favorite.”

On 6/29/2018 at 10:54 AM, CBrownsman said:

but at the same time I want to see him win more rings because he deserves to be in the conversation with Jordan.

If his decision is about rings he is an idiot.

Bill Russell got 11.

James already is in the conversation with Jordan, and  by the time he is done his overall achievements will dwarf Jordan's.