Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

41 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

4 year deal.....that’s a kick to the nuts.

runs kyrie off, “forces” the bad contract of his guy, TT...then jets to LA and shows them instant commitment that he never afforded us....

that stinks.

thanks for the championship though! 

Yep that’s the only thing that ticks me off about this. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, freakygeniuskid said:

They should, but knowing how big Dan's ego is my guess is that they try to compete for the playoffs right away. Pity, we are kinda perfectly positioned for a three year tank job.

This year - Sell Love for picks/young high-upside players. Buy out most of the vets who are on their last year or send them out for 2nd round picks. Play a lot of Sexton and any other young guys we can get our hands on. Taaaaaaaaaank.

Next year - Absorb bad contracts in exchange for picks. Be meh. Get experience for Sexton/Our 2019 1st. Lose the pick to Atlanta, sucks, but oh well. Pick young guys with solid upside with the picks we get for absorbing salary.

Final year - Last year of "tanking" (IE, being bad, we wouldn't have to try much). Sexton and 2019 first get lots of experience. Get one last high draft pick. Take chances on young guys in the wrong circumstances ("The Oladipo Special"). 

2021-2022 - Sign two max FA's to compliment Sexton/2019 1st/2021 1st/young upside plays. Compete by the next year for at least a top 4ish seed.

Exactly to all of this. But Dan is going to put us on the Treadmill of Mediocrity. ?

7 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

Blow it up. Cleveland loves to see things burn, the Browns,  the lake etc

No other option imo.  This team without LBJ would need to get really lucky to be an 8 seed.

Not to mention, finish with a pick outside of the top 10 and it goes to ATL. 

We cant be just “not good”, we need to be awful.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That’s my biggest fear tbh.

Half this roster should be traded within the week iyam.

Yep I’ve ridden lots of mediocre fringe playoff Cavs teams and it’s the worst. We need to gut and go. I like some of the young talent here. We can make it to the lottery next year and keep our pick. Now is the time to start that way when Golden State is finally crapping the bed hopefully we can make another mark. 

Obviously if done right. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Knew it was prolly happening but man this really blows right now.

I really enjoyed the last 4 years of NBA hoops.  Most likely won’t see anything like that again for the Cavs in my lifetime.

I was thinking it was kind of anti-climatic ?. But yeah we may suck for a long time. 

Good thing the Browns are on the rise ?

Oh and the Indians ??

And the Bucks ?

Edited by Bonanza23
Poopies
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Thank you for the Championship LeBron.  It's been real.  

Now we get to see who the real Cavaliers fans are.

Peace!!!

If you mean here I’d think it’s pretty obvious we all are.

Browns forums aren’t exactly a hangout for fair weather fans. 

• Like 4