Jump to content

Cavaliers Thread: Embrace The Mediocrity


Recommended Posts

First thing. Get rid of Lue.

Then the overpaid under talented players. Thompson, JR Smith, George Hill, etc. 

Let the kids play. 

See what offers they have for Love at the trade deadline. Give him an opportunity to win. 

Stockpile draft picks. 

But for the love of god. Lue has to go. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trade Kevin Love to Denver. Faried, and Chandler are traded to us, and we also get MPJ's rights and a future 1st round pick

Trade Korver to Minnesota for Cole Aldrich, Justin Patton and the draft rights to Keita Bates-Diop.

Trade Hill to LAL for Deng, Hart and Wagner's draft rights. 

 

PG-Sexton/Clarkson

SG-Hood/Hart/Mathias

SF-Osman/KBD/Colson

PF-Nance//Wagner/Preston/MPJ

C-Patton/TT/Zizic

Faried, Chandler and Aldrich are all in their final year of their deals. We could either let them expire, and have all that cap space, or deal them at the deadline for a contract someone doesn't want and either young players or draft picks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Cavs are my first team, Lakers now my second team, but mostly I just want to see Golden state burn to the ground

See I always hated the lakers. So I can’t even enjoy it lol like when he went to the heat, I hated them because that’s where Lebron went and I was pissed he left but after a few years I actually rooted for the heat because I wanted to see greatness and something special.  I want to see GSW   But I don’t want to see the Lakers win. Double edge sword. Even now tho, Houston and GSW is still the two top favorites. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

First thing. Get rid of Lue.

Then the overpaid under talented players. Thompson, JR Smith, George Hill, etc. 

Let the kids play. 

See what offers they have for Love at the trade deadline. Give him an opportunity to win. 

Stockpile draft picks. 

But for the love of god. Lue has to go. 

Why does Lue have to go? I actually want to see what he could do when he doesn’t have to dictate the offensive system to Lebron. You look at erik spoelstra, he was considered one of the best young coaches before James went to Miami. During that time he dictated his system to fit Lebron and then everyone said it was Spos fault for the struggles because the team didn’t reach its highest ceiling. Now He is considered one of the better coaches in the league. You could say the same thing about Lue. When he was brought in, he was labeled as one of the best assistant coaches and was getting heavy looks to become a HC. To me it was the reason they let go of Blatt so soon so they could keep him. He had to dictate his system to James. When it would come to a sideline type play or an inbound set, Lue was pretty damn good. Just when it came to in game stuff and handling Lebron, it is tough. Couldn’t take Lebron out cause it would hurt the team so he had to come up with weird rotations to try and change the team up. I would want to see what Lue could do. All the top candidates are already gone, so if you fire him now, you aren’t getting a top tier candidate. I would want to see what Lue could do with this team. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Why does Lue have to go? I actually want to see what he could do when he doesn’t have to dictate the offensive system to Lebron. You look at erik spoelstra, he was considered one of the best young coaches before James went to Miami. During that time he dictated his system to fit Lebron and then everyone said it was Spos fault for the struggles because the team didn’t reach its highest ceiling. Now He is considered one of the better coaches in the league. You could say the same thing about Lue. When he was brought in, he was labeled as one of the best assistant coaches and was getting heavy looks to become a HC. To me it was the reason they let go of Blatt so soon so they could keep him. He had to dictate his system to James. When it would come to a sideline type play or an inbound set, Lue was pretty damn good. Just when it came to in game stuff and handling Lebron, it is tough. Couldn’t take Lebron out cause it would hurt the team so he had to come up with weird rotations to try and change the team up. I would want to see what Lue could do. All the top candidates are already gone, so if you fire him now, you aren’t getting a top tier candidate. I would want to see what Lue could do with this team. 

I agree with this, Lue deserves a shot at being the long term coach of this squad imo.  Dude helped us win a ring too.

Coaching LBJ isn’t, never has and never will be easy.  When things go well, he gets the credit.  When you lose, you get the blame. 

Im not saying Lue will be great, but I can’t see any reason to get rid of him now, as long as he knows what’s up with the tank.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I agree with this, Lue deserves a shot at being the long term coach of this squad imo.  Dude helped us win a ring too.

Coaching LBJ isn’t, never has and never will be easy.  When things go well, he gets the credit.  When you lose, you get the blame. 

Im not saying Lue will be great, but I can’t see any reason to get rid of him now, as long as he knows what’s up with the tank.

With the Q renovations. I don’t see a full tank be planned tho. Amount of money Dan is contributing he would want to earn it back. Being 8th seed 7th seed would be a 1st exit but it means money for them

Edited by buno67
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

With the Q renovations. I don’t see a full tank be planned tho. Amount of money Dan is contributing he would want to earn it back. Being 8th seed 7th seed would be a 1st exit but it means money for them

It also means losing our 1st round pick, a brief stint in purgatory followed by the inevitable rebuild.

Hopefully Dan’s not a complete moron and passes over step one and two listed above and just tanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It also means losing our 1st round pick, a brief stint in purgatory followed by the inevitable rebuild.

Hopefully Dan’s not a complete moron and passes over step one and two listed above and just tanks.

If the Cavs make it, it’s not a lottery pick so  it means a bench maybe role type player. I think he tries until all the bad contracts are gone 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, buno67 said:

If the Cavs make it, it’s not a lottery pick so  it means a bench maybe role type player. I think he tries until all the bad contracts are gone 

And if they don’t make it, but aren’t awful we do hand them a lottery pick.

These bad deals should be moveable.  Hill and Smith are essentially expiring deals. Love’s is pretty reasonable, good actually.

I mean, are we gonna throw money at Nance and Hood and think this squad competes for anything more than an 8 seed while paying a luxury tax?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And if they don’t make it, but aren’t awful we do hand them a lottery pick.

These bad deals should be moveable.  Hill and Smith are essentially expiring deals. Love’s is pretty reasonable, good actually.

I mean, are we gonna throw money at Nance and Hood and think this squad competes for anything more than an 8 seed while paying a luxury tax?

Yea no one will trade for them until the deadline. So the Cavs will be getting a playoff team pick or just a 9-12th man for them. Might be better to trade them next off season prolly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, buno67 said:

Yea no one will trade for them until the deadline. So the Cavs will be getting a playoff team pick or just a 9-12th man for them. Might be better to trade them next off season prolly. 

Maybe, depends on the market.  As fans it’s hard to say.

Love won’t be any more valuable though realistically.

Im not turning down picks for any of these guys though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they don't get started the treadmill of barely making/missing the playoffs and missing out the best talent in the draft. Better to move love, hill, Smith ( i think hill and Smith's 2019-2020 contracts aren't fully guaranteed so teams might give assets for them). I'll take 2-3 years of terrible basketball over 10 years of the Atlanta hawks lol.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Wulfgard said:

I hope they don't get started the treadmill of barely making/missing the playoffs and missing out the best talent in the draft. Better to move love, hill, Smith ( i think hill and Smith's 2019-2020 contracts aren't fully guaranteed so teams might give assets for them). I'll take 2-3 years of terrible basketball over 10 years of the Atlanta hawks lol.

I don’t want to sound overly negative because LBJ left and such, but the Hawks of a few years ago or perhaps the current Raptors are prolly as good as we can expect to be unless we get extraordinarily lucky in the draft.

FA won’t come here, never have.  Unless we start drafting like OKC did, don’t look for another title contender any time soon.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...