Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Couple trades I would like to see us go after..

Trade Love, Korver, 2020 2nd to Memphis for Jaren Jackson and Chandler Parsons

Sign and trade Rodney Hood to NOP for Solomon Hill, 2020 1st

Trade TT, JR Smith to POR for Evan Turner, Maurice Harkless and 2019 1st

Trade George Hill to LAL for Deng, Josh Hart

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

If I were the Cavs I keep guys like Korver and Green in the building.  Love will garner something in a trade worth moving him for, but I don't deplete the roster of all the pros.

Korver has a year or two left, let him compete if someone wants him.

You can always sign a washed up vet as a “locker room presence” if needed.

1 hour ago, Rod Johnson said:

If I were the Cavs I keep guys like Korver and Green in the building.  Love will garner something in a trade worth moving him for, but I don't deplete the roster of all the pros.

I'd definitely look to trade Korver. He's someone we could possibly get decent compensation for from a playoff team in need of a good shooter.

So I guess the Warriors just signed Cousins to a one-year deal. What a joke this league is. Doesn't concern us, since we won't be competing for AT LEAST a few years anyway. But there's no point in even watching the NBA this season. Only worth watching to see how some of our young players develop.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, candyman93 said:

Holy ****.

Kinda glad we will just rebuild now.

Yup. Even if LeBron had stayed, it would have been extremely difficult to put the pieces around him to beat the Warriors before this signing. Now with Cousins on their team, as long as he's even 75% of the player he was pre-injury, it'd be impossible.

As much as it sucks to lose the best player in the world, this might ultimately be a good thing. We weren't winning another championship with GS around. Might as well try to have a successful rebuild and look to compete once Golden State's window is closed.

• Like 2

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck