Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They try that now somewhat with the extra year, but the incentive isn’t enough obviously.

Perhaps allowing teams to exceed the cap to some degree to keep players they drafted (not like Bird rights, that can transfer with a trade).

I’d love to see more guys play with one team longer/for their whole career and teams that draft well should be rewarded for it.

It's a joke. I think the team with the player's rights gets to offer like 3% more annually, and an extra year. Well hell, if a player decided to go to Florida, Texas, any state without state income tax, they'd save more than that difference in taxes. 

16 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

It's a joke. I think the team with the player's rights gets to offer like 3% more annually, and an extra year. Well hell, if a player decided to go to Florida, Texas, any state without state income tax, they'd save more than that difference in taxes. 

That’s another point too.  When you’re talking 9 figure contracts, state taxes do matter to some.

1 minute ago, TheeRealDeal said:

I was going to make a joke about TheeRealDeal being LETSGOBROWNIE's burner account an hour ago but I couldn't post for some reason. Now that moment is gone. 

Lol not possible.

I don’t have the ability to research stuff like you bro.  

2 hours ago, Mastercheddaar said:

Yeah, this was a post-NBA move. There is no way he is getting past anyone in the west with the team that is around him. 

MC 

Well they are saying they signed all those one year’s deals so they have a made to throw at the top guys next year. Seems like this year is a throw away season but next year he can recruit for guys to come to LA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

Just allow a franchise tag in the NBA. Forces the player to stay but pay them a crazy amount. put a crazy stipulation with it too. Like if you franchise tag a player and they win MVP, DPOY, or 1st team NBA, they get a huge kicker. 

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, I’m not a huge fan of franchise tags.

It a player is willing to play for significantly less to play elsewhere they should have that ability imo.

then let's get rid of all but 10 teams in the league and then each team will have more star players than what we have now. How is it possible that the Cavs win a championship, and in that same season lose 30 million? Mid market franchises have to build the way we did for the most part. We don't get the option of signing key free agents because they look to go elsewhere. LA can do what they are doing now because a Kawhi Leonard will want to sign there when his contract finishes. We have to trade to get a player like that, and overpay to keep players. 

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Eh, I’m not a huge fan of franchise tags.

It a player is willing to play for significantly less to play elsewhere they should have that ability imo.

Also front office shouldn’t threaten players into taking less. Rumors are coming out that GSW told Durant that if he signs for the max they most likely won’t use their MLE.

12 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Also front office shouldn’t threaten players into taking less. Rumors are coming out that GSW told Durant that if he signs for the max they most likely won’t use their MLE.

It’s not a threat if they’re serious, it’s transparency. 

5 million is 20+ million in luxury tax.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck