Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think they WANT Korver for the shooting and spacing.

Oh for sure, I'm saying from our perspective it is all about getting under the tax if we ship him for Bayless, who is basically an expiring, smaller contract.

1 minute ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Oh for sure, I'm saying from our perspective it is all about getting under the tax if we ship him for Bayless, who is basically an expiring, smaller contract.

Ah, gotcha.

Yeah they definitely want to shed that cap, and I don’t blame them. Gilbert payed a ton the last few years, I’m cool with the guy wanting to save a few bucks now.

2 hours ago, freakygeniuskid said:

Every single team beat writer (Vardon, Lloyd, etc.) has said on the record that Love is GONE at the end of the year. Like, 0% chance he stays. And that's guys who practically always hedge as a matter of professional cover.

I didn't see anything about a pick. Bayless makes half Korver's salary and is a 1 year contract to Korver's 2. This would be to get us closer to being out of the luxury tax so that we can reset the "repeater" penalty. Could there be a loose future 2nd? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it and I certainly wouldn't expect a 1st.

you would think a potential pick would be in there because Korver would be wanted by a lot of teams. Hell I would want him to stay on the time because he has helped a lot of guys fix their shooting motions. He really helped Lebron and Cedi. Heck, Cedi looks like he just copied Korvers. It be great to have Korver work on Sexton's shooting motion

On 7/19/2018 at 5:18 PM, buno67 said:

If you are kevin Love are you opting out of $25.6 million?

They just need to make Love a deadline deal player.

Given that nearly all NBA contracts are guaranteed, I think its likely that Love would opt out to become a free agent, either that or resign long term with us. Even if he signed a 3 year, 60 million deal, that's a lot more money than a one year 25.6 mil deal. I think we will honestly treat Love the same way the Raps will treat Kawhi. See if he wants to stay long term on an extension, if not, use him in a trade deadline move for future assets. 

On 7/20/2018 at 2:39 PM, freakygeniuskid said:

Every single team beat writer (Vardon, Lloyd, etc.) has said on the record that Love is GONE at the end of the year. Like, 0% chance he stays. And that's guys who practically always hedge as a matter of professional cover.

I didn't see anything about a pick. Bayless makes half Korver's salary and is a 1 year contract to Korver's 2. This would be to get us closer to being out of the luxury tax so that we can reset the "repeater" penalty. Could there be a loose future 2nd? Maybe, but I wouldn't bet on it and I certainly wouldn't expect a 1st.

we already are out of the luxury tax. They have a ton of future 2nd round picks, I wouldn't mind snagging Chicago's from them in 2019. As for the Bayless trade, the fact he is expiring would make him a great asset to add now for a potential trade deadline piece. Even though Korver's 2019 salary is only guaranteed for 3.5 million, for a team like the Knicks who are going to want to clear as much space as possible, that 3.5 million difference between Korver and Bayless is huge. We could essentially take on the contracts of Noah and Lee and for only one season, take on Hardaway Jr for 2 seasons, not go over the luxury tax threshold in doing so, and receive multiple picks back by doing so, including their pick in next years draft. The Knicks would only have around 13 million tied up in contracts before looking to extend Porzingas, and attract Kyrie Irving and another key player to sign there. Imagine taking on two expiring contracts that can be assets in 2019-20 and getting a pretty strong 1st round pick in addition. 

Ok so a take it for what it’s worth post. Was talking to a friend in the Cavs organization that I’ve known for years. This is kind of old news, but he said the Cavs higher ups were told straight up by Lebron himself the first go around that he was going to stay. So they prepared as such. Yeah it didn’t happen. They were left unprepared. This time around they didn’t care. They prepared as if he wasn’t coming back. Finally smart move by the FO.  

Im told everyone in the organization are excited about an actual plan to move forward. They are doing it the smart way now. He wouldn’t say more than that other than hold on to your butts. 

Edited by Bonanza23
Poop on spellcheck

2 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Ok so a take it for what it’s worth post. Was talking to a friend in the Cavs organization that I’ve known for years. This is kind of old news, but he said the Cavs higher ups were told straight up by Lebron himself the first go around that he was going to stay. So they prepared as such. Yeah it didn’t happen. They were left unprepared. This time around they didn’t care. They prepared as if he wasn’t coming back. Finally smart move by the FO.  

Im told everyone in the organization are excited about an actual plan to move forward. They are doing it the smart way now. He wouldn’t say more than than other than hold on to your butts. 

Hold on to your butts as in totally nuking the roster or making moves to try to win now?

1 hour ago, Bonanza23 said:

Im told everyone in the organization are excited about an actual plan to move forward. They are doing it the smart way now. He wouldn’t say more than that other than hold on to your butts. 

honestly it's hard to really grasp why he went to LA aside from personal gains. I'm not mad at all, and the man we saw the last 4 years was as genuine and in love with everything Cleveland as any of us. His emotions during game 7 of the World Series, wearing his "Cleveland or nothing" shirt was genuine. One thing I don't quite understand is why his agent didn't consider utilizing a S&T with the Lakers. We could have taken bank Deng's contract, gotten back Josh Hart, another contract and a pick or two, and LeBron could have signed the super max rather than what he signed for with LA. I mean he is already rich, but he could have had what, 50 million more or something, and LA could have gotten out of Deng's contract in the process. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

honestly it's hard to really grasp why he went to LA aside from personal gains. I'm not mad at all, and the man we saw the last 4 years was as genuine and in love with everything Cleveland as any of us. His emotions during game 7 of the World Series, wearing his "Cleveland or nothing" shirt was genuine. One thing I don't quite understand is why his agent didn't consider utilizing a S&T with the Lakers. We could have taken bank Deng's contract, gotten back Josh Hart, another contract and a pick or two, and LeBron could have signed the super max rather than what he signed for with LA. I mean he is already rich, but he could have had what, 50 million more or something, and LA could have gotten out of Deng's contract in the process. 

I don’t think he wanted to have LAL give up the assets I’d guess.

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hold on to your butts as in totally nuking the roster or making moves to try to win now?

7 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He unfortunately left it at that. He doesn’t give me much deep insider info anymore after I blew it with him ?

Edit: what he does give me I promised not to blurt out. He’s old school btw

Edited by Bonanza23
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

It sounds like his wife just wanted to be in LA. Nobody in the organization really knows why. I may start calling him LeEnigma on top of LeHessian. 

7 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think he meant that they are tanking and for 5 used cigarette butts you can get a ticket to a Cavs game next season.

Can’t lie I’ll probably go to more games now that he’s gone. We’ll be fun to watch this year and throw awesome deals through the year. 

3 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

It sounds like his wife just wanted to be in LA. Nobody in the organization really knows why. I may start calling him LeEnigma on top of LeHessian. 

I’ve heard his family wanted to live their and obviously his post hoops business interests are there too.

Cleveland’s a great city and a good place to live, but it’s not hard for me to see why someone who can earn a living elsewhere may want to live elsewhere.

As soon as my stepson is in college I’m trying to get out of Ohio too.  Nothing wrong with it, just other places I’d prefer to live and ready for a new “chapter” if you will.  Perhaps that’s where he’s at.

• Like 2

On 7/22/2018 at 9:26 AM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’ve heard his family wanted to live their and obviously his post hoops business interests are there too.

Cleveland’s a great city and a good place to live, but it’s not hard for me to see why someone who can earn a living elsewhere may want to live elsewhere.

As soon as my stepson is in college I’m trying to get out of Ohio too.  Nothing wrong with it, just other places I’d prefer to live and ready for a new “chapter” if you will.  Perhaps that’s where he’s at.

I can understand why someone would move on. Me personally I’ll probably never leave NE Ohio. It’s truly a great place to live. But then again I can’t stand the big lights. The only way I’d go is if I somehow become independently wealthy. I’d move to San Diego for sure. But more than likely I’d just get a cabin in the woods somewhere in Montana. Or PA or the state of NY. 

28 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

I can understand why someone would move on. Me personally I’ll probably never leave NE Ohio. It’s truly a great place to live. But then again I can’t stand the big lights. The only way I’d go is if I somehow become independently wealthy. I’d move to San Diego for sure. But more than likely I’d just get a cabin in the woods somewhere in Montana. Or PA or the state of NY. 

Lol Ohio’s too busy for me hoss, I want Montana/Wyoming/Utah/NM open spaces.

• Like 1

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck