Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

15 hours ago, candyman93 said:

The NBA doesn’t want to favor bigs anymore. It’s why they let smaller teams like the warriors mug the **** out of everybody.

I honestly don’t want to draft a center. Give me a wing or guard.

We have been getting out muscled all year in the paint. A traditional center with a bit of size would be an asset. But yes, a wing or a guard would be nice too. In fact I'll say 1, 2 or 5 should be the positions of need on this team. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

1 hour ago, Mastercheddaar said:

We have been getting out muscled all year in the paint. A traditional center with a bit of size would be an asset. But yes, a wing or a guard would be nice too. In fact I'll say 1, 2 or 5 should be the positions of need on this team. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

If we draft a 4, are you going to become a 76ers fan?

1 hour ago, Mastercheddaar said:

That is all

mastercheddaar

Basically just got BPA lol

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Basically just got BPA lol

No one should ever NOT do this in the modern NBA. The only possible exception being if you already have an elite non-floor-spacing center or very short, defensively limited PG. Just because you only have so many minutes for those spots in the game today.

11 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Draft BPA

or attach pick to shed Love TT and JR

Yep. BPA I don’t care which position. Especially at the eighth pick. The league will readjust now that better centers are finally coming into the league. For awhile the centers coming out of the draft were garbage. If Bamba is there at 8?  I don’t hesitate. 

He will end the garbage drives into the lane. 

• Like 1

I really hope Jr isn't on this team next season regardless of if Lebron stays or goes. If they can't trade him for a bag of chips he should be bought out of his contract he's awful on defense and if he isn't hitting 3s he's literally useless.  Also don't really have a lot of interest in bringing Hill back he's a solid player but he play way to passive definitely not worth the 20 mil + he's owed for next season.

• Like 1

This team needs Thanos to come in and shake it up. Evaporate the trash from the team and build a new core. Here's who I'd like to have next season:

PG: ???/Calderon/???

SG: Korver/???/???

SF: James/Osman/???

PF: ???/Green/???

C: ???/???/Zizic

Those are the only guys on the roster that are actually carrying the weight of their contracts right now. Everyone else, sans Love, is doing about as much as any UDFA off the street would provide at a 90% discount.

Move Love and Thompson for something valuable. Move everyone else for cap space. Sign some mid-level free agents and maintain cap flexibility. Try to get a young 3 & D player for Love/Thompson. Throw JR Smith in a dumpster and set it on fire.

Some free agents I'd love to get?

Tyreke Evans

Derrick Favors

JJ Redick

The only way we get them is to shed some of these overpaid bums.