Jump to content
LETSGOBROWNIES

Cavaliers Thread: Embrace The Tank

Recommended Posts

Wow guys, I just had the chance to speak personally with Griff, what an incredibly nice dude, SO intelligent too (Obvs).

I didn't wanna talk TOO much Cavs with him considering everything, but I did ask him about the draft:

-  He said there's no question that if Porter is on the board, Cavs are taking him, but, as many of you believe, Griff doesn't see him falling that far considering possible trade ups, etc...

- Interesting tidbit, he thinks Porter would be so perfect for a LeBron Cavs squad, because Porter is a "complete douchebag," his words not mine, so LBJ would really whip him into shape.

- He thinks the Cavs' second option should be Mo Bamba. He knows the kid personally, said he's extremely kindhearted and smart, plus...I mean...that length...

- The other big point, how the Cavs feel about LBJ's future will have a big say in this draft pick. For example, if they opt for a productive offensive player like Trae Young (That was his specific example), they expect Bron to stay. However, if they opt for more upside, that will be a big tell in their lack of confidence regarding LBJ's future in CLE.

Sadly, @LETSGOBROWNIES, when his show ended, he RAN to the bathroom before I could even think about hitting up the urinal. This will have to do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

Wow guys, I just had the chance to speak personally with Griff, what an incredibly nice dude, SO intelligent too (Obvs).

I didn't wanna talk TOO much Cavs with him considering everything, but I did ask him about the draft:

-  He said there's no question that if Porter is on the board, Cavs are taking him, but, as many of you believe, Griff doesn't see him falling that far considering possible trade ups, etc...

- Interesting tidbit, he thinks Porter would be so perfect for a LeBron Cavs squad, because Porter is a "complete douchebag," his words not mine, so LBJ would really whip him into shape.

- He thinks the Cavs' second option should be Mo Bamba. He knows the kid personally, said he's extremely kindhearted and smart, plus...I mean...that length...

- The other big point, how the Cavs feel about LBJ's future will have a big say in this draft pick. For example, if they opt for a productive offensive player like Trae Young (That was his specific example), they expect Bron to stay. However, if they opt for more upside, that will be a big tell in their lack of confidence regarding LBJ's future in CLE.

Sadly, @LETSGOBROWNIES, when his show ended, he RAN to the bathroom before I could even think about hitting up the urinal. This will have to do.

I kinda really want Young. Dude is a damn good playmaking PG. dude has some amazing passing ability. If Lebron really wants to playoff the ball more having two PGs next year in Young and Hill surely would accomplish that 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, buno67 said:

I kinda really want Young. Dude is a damn good playmaking PG. dude has some amazing passing ability. If Lebron really wants to playoff the ball more having two PGs next year in Young and Hill surely would accomplish that 

I'm honestly more of a Sexton fan and it's actually by a fairly large margin. Sexton is a way better 2 way PG imo and on top of that Trey's second half was horrible compared to the 1st half of the season and Sexton was very consistent, also imo. Sexton's only real down side is his 3 point shot and I think that will get better with time. I'm hoping for either Sexton, Porter, or Bamba, if we got any of those 3 players I'll be pretty darn happy. 

Edited by buckeyesNut0623

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I'm honestly more of a Sexton fan and it's actually by a fairly large margin. Sexton is a way better 2 way PG imo and on top of that Trey's second half was horrible compared to the 1st half of the season and Sexton was very consistent, also imo. Sexton's only real down side is his 3 point shot and I think that will get better with time. I'm hoping for either Sexton, Porter, or Bamba, if we got any of those 3 players I'll be pretty darn happy. 

My concern with Sexton is his ability to run an offense and pass.

Is he really a PG or more of a Rodney Stuckey undersized 2?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Houston was criminally underrated all year. The Warriors got the respect they deserved, but Houston is ridiculously good themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kind of crazy, but Houston reminds me of the 2016 Warriors. Two elite guards and a big guy + solid role players who know their jobs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Houston was criminally underrated all year. The Warriors got the respect they deserved, but Houston is ridiculously good themselves.

Maybe... but I like our odds against the Rockets a whole lot more than the Warriors.

Also, another point, if the Rockets do win a title LBJ couldn’t really go and join them then imo, that would hurt his legacy iyam.

If the Rockets win the west, that helps our chances of keeping him imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, buckeyesNut0623 said:

I'm honestly more of a Sexton fan and it's actually by a fairly large margin. Sexton is a way better 2 way PG imo and on top of that Trey's second half was horrible compared to the 1st half of the season and Sexton was very consistent, also imo. Sexton's only real down side is his 3 point shot and I think that will get better with time. I'm hoping for either Sexton, Porter, or Bamba, if we got any of those 3 players I'll be pretty darn happy. 

See I honestly think Young started to break down from really being the only threat for his offense. 

Sexton is a better defender but Young’s offense ability is so much better. He might be the best pure point guard. His adv stats are crazy

To me it might be Young Porter and Momba for me. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, buno67 said:

See I honestly think Young started to break down from really being the only threat for his offense. 

Sexton is a better defender but Young’s offense ability is so much better. He might be the best pure point guard. His adv stats are crazy

To me it might be Young Porter and Momba for me. 

 

Young is my first option at PG, he’s be a legit shooter right away as well as capable of running the offense.

Porter and Young are my top “realistic” targets, even if Porter isn’t super realistic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geez. The Cavs are getting mugged in Boston with no calls. And yet I bet Boston fans will find a way to blame the refs if they lose.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got back from the watch party at the Q. What a freaking game. The atmosphere was electric and was the noisiest I’ve ever heard it. Sheesh it was a freaking scene! I have like 500 new friends all of a sudden. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Just got back from the watch party at the Q. What a freaking game. The atmosphere was electric and was the noisiest I’ve ever heard it. Sheesh it was a freaking scene! I have like 500 new friends all of a sudden. 

Awesome game!  LeBron >>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Awesome game!  LeBron >>

Indeed. Something was off with his release the first half. He obviously corrected it the second half. Couldn’t be happier watching the celts implode that 4th quarter. And I don’t usually complain about the refs but they were green with envy...errr favored the green. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×