Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

I really hope Houston wins tonight because I think we match up better against them and them making it to the finals eliminates them as an option for Lebron this offseason and I can’t really see him in philly the only thing that really worries me is that Lebron and Gilbert don’t really seem to be on great terms 

4 minutes ago, BrownsDog23 said:

I really hope Houston wins tonight because I think we match up better against them and them making it to the finals eliminates them as an option for Lebron this offseason and I can’t really see him in philly the only thing that really worries me is that Lebron and Gilbert don’t really seem to be on great terms 

Yeah we have a punchers chance against Houston, I think GS beats is 4-5.

I don’t think the Gilbert/LeBron stuff matters all that much, if it did he wouldn’t have returned this time. He wants to win.

If we can trade 8 for legit player and maybe flip some pieces I think we have a chance at keeping him. Depends how bad he wants to chase rings.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t think the Gilbert/LeBron stuff matters all that much, if it did he wouldn’t have returned this time. He wants to win.

If we can trade 8 for legit player and maybe flip some pieces I think we have a chance at keeping him. Depends how bad he wants to chase rings.

Koby Altman is very likely having a "bi-polar" preparation to this year's draft.  Don't know if I necessarily envy his job.  Two very different directions that the team can go in a few weeks.

8 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

Koby Altman is very likely having a "bi-polar" preparation to this year's draft.  Don't know if I necessarily envy his job.  Two very different directions that the team can go in a few weeks.

His job is only awful if LBJ keeps him in the dark.

If he says “I’m back, go to work” then he can focus on making deals.

If he says “I don’t know where I’m going, but I’m moving on” he goes the other direction.  

That’s all I’d ask if I were Gilbert and Altman, don’t let me find out in real time on the cover of SI or on TV, do me a solid and let me make some deals.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrownsDog23 said:

I disagree with you about Philly, to me the 76ers Would be LeBron's best landing spot.they have too much young talent, one of the few legitimate centers in the league. LeBron with Simmons, embid,and Reddick you could punch their finals ticket the second LeBron sign the contract. And that is not even considering  what leaps fultz and Simmons make in their second seasons.

I dont see us winning in the Finals unless Houston pulls off a miracle tonight.

Assuming LBJ does stay, how would you guys go about fixing this team for next year.

If teams are  looking to blow it up, I would want to trade the 8 for an established Guard like Kemba Walker or Kyle Lowry/DeMar DeRozan (Whoever sucks less)

I dont know much about the contracts when it comes to the NBA but if we can move JR Smith, I would 100% sign on for that.

If Kevin Love has any trade value, I would move him eyes closed.

The players i dont mind keeping on this team next year are LeBron, Korver, Green, Hill, TT, Nance Jr and Cedi.

9 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No they have a perfectly fine work relationship. They don’t have to be best buds. They just need each other. Gilbert needs him to lead this team and James needs his money to put the best team around him. Gilbert has shown he has no issue spending the money if it will make the team better. You won’t see them sign a end of the bench young guy because he won’t make the team better. Maybe a vet. That was James’ biggest issue with Miami, Arison, wouldn’t pay the tax. That was the year they let Miller go and ended up having a good year for Memphis. That cheap move made James angry. It showed that the owner didn’t care about winning. 

It’s hard to predict what might Happen because we are not sure what teams Will try and tank and who needs to trade a disgruntled player

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

I dont see us winning in the Finals unless Houston pulls off a miracle tonight.

Assuming LBJ does stay, how would you guys go about fixing this team for next year.

If teams are  looking to blow it up, I would want to trade the 8 for an established Guard like Kemba Walker or Kyle Lowry/DeMar DeRozan (Whoever sucks less)

I’d definitely want an established guard or wing.

I dont know much about the contracts when it comes to the NBA but if we can move JR Smith, I would 100% sign on for that.

JR is overpaid,. It his defense is underrated. I’d keep him unless his value is more than I think it is.

If Kevin Love has any trade value, I would move him eyes closed.

He has value, just not enough to land an impact player most likely.

The players i dont mind keeping on this team next year are LeBron, Korver, Green, Hill, TT, Nance Jr and Cedi.

I can’t believe Hood can’t be worked into some sort of rotation with a bit more time to assimilate.  If not, perhaps a sign and trade?