Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

This game was way more competitive than I thought.

Love showed up on offense which is nice but I think that is it for him this series.

TT better come out fired up next game and be a rebounding monster.

JR and Clarkson need to hit the bench. Time for Hood and Cedi

• Like 1

11 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Didn’t know you were a stark county guy....

drove by there today, on the way home from work.

Yeah man, grew up in Canton near the HOF. 

I’ve lived in Cincy/suburbs since I was 20 though.  My family is all still there though.

• Like 1

It’s amazing how much **** Curry gets away with. I used to wonder why he had so many rebounds for a point guard, now I fully understand.

You might as well never draft bigger guys again because refs will let smaller guys get away with murder and completely negate any advantage big guys have.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

It’s amazing how much **** Curry gets away with. I used to wonder why he had so many rebounds for a point guard, now I fully understand.

You might as well never draft bigger guys again because refs will let smaller guys get away with murder and completely negate any advantage big guys have.

The biggest bunch of BS is the tech they called on Lue. Lue is a coach who is pretty quiet. Nothing wrong with that, so when he gets upset, it let’s you know he thinks his guys were screwed over. Lue hasn’t really been all that vocal last night but when he spoke up about the no call on that love to Lebron Hail Mary they had no issue giving him the tech in a moments notice but you have Draymond who won’t stop running his mouth anytime he has a disagreement with the refs and they just eat the whistle. 

NBA has made such growth. The one thing that is going to ruin it is the piss poor officiating 

On 6/4/2018 at 8:11 AM, buno67 said:

The biggest bunch of BS is the tech they called on Lue. Lue is a coach who is pretty quiet. Nothing wrong with that, so when he gets upset, it let’s you know he thinks his guys were screwed over. Lue hasn’t really been all that vocal last night but when he spoke up about the no call on that love to Lebron Hail Mary they had no issue giving him the tech in a moments notice but you have Draymond who won’t stop running his mouth anytime he has a disagreement with the refs and they just eat the whistle. 

NBA has made such growth. The one thing that is going to ruin it is the piss poor officiating 

Yep - insane how biased the calls have been in Golden State's favor over the first 2 games. We better get the same home-court advantage

4 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

Does Kevin Love have "any" value left in a trade?  Does anyone think any of the top 4 teams in the NBA draft would give up their pick for him?

Peace!!!

Top 4? Absolutely not.

Does he still have value? Absolutely.

He's an All Star/Fringe All Star who will still get a mid level Round 1 pick in the right system/team I would think.

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If Lebron leaves, I’d trade Love to Memphis for their 1st. The 4th pick isn’t untouchable for this years draft.

I'd love that. (no pun intended)

I'd also try to dump one of those horrific contracts on Memphis as well...clear up a roster spot.

26 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Top 4? Absolutely not.

Does he still have value? Absolutely.

He's an All Star/Fringe All Star who will still get a mid level Round 1 pick in the right system/team I would think.

I figured as much.  I still think Love can play really well, it just seems that playing with James has stunted his ability to shine so to speak.

23 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If Lebron leaves, I’d trade Love to Memphis for their 1st. The 4th pick isn’t untouchable for this years draft.

Would really like for the above to happen but if I'm not mistaken, Memphis is over the cap so we would have to take some kind of salary back (Most likely Chandler Parsons).

Peace!!!

Edited by cortes02

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'd love that. (no pun intended)

I'd also try to dump one of those horrific contracts on Memphis as well...clear up a roster spot.

Honestly, that's probably our best case scenario. Love is a solid fit with Gasol/Conley as a trio that could really threaten for a top 4 seed in the West if healthy. And that #4 pick combined with #8 from Brooklyn could really help us start the rebuilding process. Without Love/Bron we'd be a top 3 pick next year for sure. So pairing 4/8 this year with a top 3 next year, probably another one in 2020... We could conceivably compete again in like 3-4 years. Would I rather keep Lebron? FOR SURE. But I'm feeling like that's unlikely at this point.

Who would we be hoping for at 4/8? I personally would be hoping for Michael Porter (Doncic/Ayton go 1/2 IMO) and Lonnie Walker/Shai Gilgreous-Alexander/Robert Williams. Basically gamble on upside to find a super star at every pick.

• Like 2