Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol Ohio’s too busy for me hoss, I want Montana/Wyoming/Utah/NM open spaces.

I’ve lived in NM it’s pretty wide open and not busy. I currently live in Utah. Stay away from the salt lake area if you don’t like traffic and high populated areas. It’s stupid busy from ogden to Provo and idiotic drivers. The DUI limit here is now .05 and the Mormon church rules the land. 

38 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

I’ve lived in NM it’s pretty wide open and not busy.

Ive been a few times and dig it.  Santa Fe is cool, expensive though.

I currently live in Utah. Stay away from the salt lake area if you don’t like traffic and high populated areas. It’s stupid busy from ogden to Provo and idiotic drivers. The DUI limit here is now .05 and the Mormon church rules the land. 

I like the southern part of the state, by the parks. Honestly the overreaching Mormon values are what will likely keep me from moving there.

We just finished all 48 contiguous and the wife and I have circled Bozeman, Wenatchee, Kalispell, Flagstaff-Prescott, Columbia River Valley... haven’t got deep enough into Colorado yet though, a few cities I’d like to check out there.

Edited by LETSGOBROWNIES

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Lol Ohio’s too busy for me hoss, I want Montana/Wyoming/Utah/NM open spaces.

Can’t lie open spaces call to me also. Friends use to time share a cabin on private land smack dab in the middle of a national forest in PA. Was awesome spending a week there with nothing but wilderness. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Ive been a few times and dig it.  Santa Fe is cool, expensive though.

I like the southern part of the state, by the parks. Honestly the overreaching Mormon values are what will likely keep me from moving there.

We just finished all 48 contiguous and the wife and I have circled Bozeman, Wenatchee, Kalispell, Flagstaff-Prescott, Columbia River Valley... haven’t got deep enough into Colorado yet though, a few cities I’d like to check out there.

I lived in Colorado Springs but there are some small towns in Colorado that are nice. I like WY and MT although I haven’t lived there. I enjoyed he culture in NM. Utah is different. I love the mountains and everything here but I’m not a big fan of the people. 

I retire in the next 8-18 years, I plan on moving to the same areas. Except probably not NM and I’d add eastern Washington and maybe Idaho to the list. 

47 minutes ago, OttoGrahamsGhost said:

I lived in Colorado Springs but there are some small towns in Colorado that are nice. I like WY and MT although I haven’t lived there. I enjoyed he culture in NM. Utah is different. I love the mountains and everything here but I’m not a big fan of the people. 

I retire in the next 8-18 years, I plan on moving to the same areas. Except probably not NM and I’d add eastern Washington and maybe Idaho to the list. 

Idaho was ok, Mountain Home, CDA and Sandpoint were nice, Boise too.

Eastern WA wasn’t as scenic as I’d hope.  Wenatchee, Leavenworth, etc in the central to NW part to the state were pretty to me.  Living a couple hours from the North Cascades would be cool. Enumclaw/Puyallup are all pretty too south of Seattle closer to Rainier.

As pretty as Utah is, the fact that I’m not Mormon means I’m not likely to make friends easily, or at least that’s my understanding as most things are church based. Also I’m to extremely liberal, but much more so than most folks there, specifically socially.

The SW culture of NM is cool, so is the architecture.

AZ is pretty too, but the prettiest places are expensive as hell and I’m not a huge fan of 115 degree summers.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Idaho was ok, Mountain Home, CDA and Sandpoint were nice, Boise too.

Eastern WA wasn’t as scenic as I’d hope.  Wenatchee, Leavenworth, etc in the central to NW part to the state were pretty to me.  Living a couple hours from the North Cascades would be cool. Enumclaw/Puyallup are all pretty too south of Seattle closer to Rainier.

As pretty as Utah is, the fact that I’m not Mormon means I’m not likely to make friends easily, or at least that’s my understanding as most things are church based. Also I’m to extremely liberal, but much more so than most folks there, specifically socially.

The SW culture of NM is cool, so is the architecture.

AZ is pretty too, but the prettiest places are expensive as hell and I’m not a huge fan of 115 degree summers.

My wife used to live in Washington and we just took a trip from the redwood forests up to Seattle and back. It was nice. We stopped at Leavenworth, her mom is German and I guess they went there a lot when her dad was stationed up there. It was cool but extremely busy at the time we went through. 

Utah isn’t that bad. But they do tend to lean to the people of their faith. That said there are TONS of Jack Mormon’s who drink and do everything that they are not supposed to. Some are really nice but over all the people seem rude and inconsiderate here. 

NM and Arizona were both nice. I favored NM because it wasn’t nearly as busy as the Phoenix and Tucson areas in AZ. 

North Western Colorado is awesome and beautiful. I got my first elk there, near Glenwood Springs. 

I honestly hope hes here for the rest of the prime of his career.

I hear he likes it in Cleveland and wants to stay.

He is a good player and worth building around.

Lebron being gone means were not competing for Championships but if were being honest, no one but the Warriors are really competing for championships right now...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CBrownsman said:

Lebron being gone means were not competing for Championships but if were being honest, no one but the Warriors are really competing for championships right now...

True but the best way to prepare for the end of the Warriors window is to get picks now and draft!

Honestly if we could stay inside the top 10 the next two years keep our picks and keep love that would be my perfect situation.  

But I see us being in the middle not making the playoff and losing our pick which is dumb. 

I hope this is like the Blake Griffin situation where we sign him so we can trade him. We really need our first round picks man or we will be in basketball purgatory. 

• Like 1

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck