Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

26 minutes ago, Don Roshi said:

Having one of the greatest shooters of all time as a teammate is probably worth more that a late first.

Late first?  How good do you think this team is?  Did you see them the last 4 years when LBJ sat?

I get he’s a great shooter, bit it’s not like he’s found some magic way of shooting a basketball. Someone taught him, hire that guy for all I care.

He's one of the most professional players in the sport too. Great work ethic.

Lots of dudes fit that description.

Korver can do a lot more than any shooting coach could. Teammates and coaches are looked upon and treat differently.

Perhaps.  Of course using that logic we should have Ty Lue suit up then, right?  Players coaches only. 

We've got a potentially very healthy locker room that will a great place for young players to develop.

Agreed.

And Sexton and Love drawing FA’s??? C’mon man. ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Late first?  How good do you think this team is?  Did you see them the last 4 years when LBJ sat?

I thought you were on about trading Korver. Yes I did see how we were when LeBron sat. I also saw how bad we were when we tanked the previous four years. A move that would have got us nowhere if LeBron didn't return. To be fair, we didn't really have a choice last time though. Our roster was putrid.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Perhaps.  Of course using that logic we should have Ty Lue suit up then, right?  Players coaches only.

Korver can still walk the walk. Other players in the dressing room will be able to see first hand what it takes to be one of the greatest shooters of all time. Pick his brain etc.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

And Sexton and Love drawing FA’s??? C’mon man. ? 

Is there a soon to be draft eligible player with a surname somewhat like "Childs" or the like?

Just now, Don Roshi said:

I thought you were on about trading Korver.

Ah thought you were referring to our pick if we didn’t tank.

Yes I did see how we were when LeBron sat. I also saw how bad we were when we tanked the previous four years. A move that would have got us nowhere if LeBron didn't return. To be fair, we didn't really have a choice last time though. Our roster was putrid.

It’s much better now for sure, but not long term.  This is a team built to be a 7 seed in the east and get bounced.  At best. I’d rather tank and make another run (like Philly is starting) than be the Pacers.

Korver can still walk the walk. Other players in the dressing room will be able to see first hand what it takes to be one of the greatest shooters of all time. Pick his brain etc.

Most already have.  Sexton is the only key contributor who likely hasn’t (at the moment).  Veteran leadership is great, but it has its limits.  We also have other vets who can fill that role.

Is there a soon to be draft eligible player with a surname somewhat like "Childs" or the like?

I have no clue what this means.

3 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s much better now for sure, but not long term.  This is a team built to be a 7 seed in the east and get bounced.  At best. I’d rather tank and make another run (like Philly is starting) than be the Pacers.

I don't see any kind of long-term success with how Philly are constructed. One star can't shoot for one.

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I have no clue what this means.

Just a rubbish attempt at a joke. Love + Sexton =...

I'll see myself out.

Honestly I am completely okay letting the kids grow and letting Love be the center of the team.

The problem is what do we do now with the terrible contracts we have for the players who I don't see continuing with?

Tristan Thompson makes 18 million a year and we have him until 2020.

JR Smith makes 15 million a year and we have him until 2020.

George Hill makes 18.5 million a year and we have him until 2020.

Kyle Korver is the least offensive who makes 7.5 have we have him until 2020.

obviously I don't personally care as much about the money as I do them taking away from the growth of younger guys like Sexton, Hood, Nance, Osman, etc.

1 hour ago, CBrownsman said:

Honestly I am completely okay letting the kids grow and letting Love be the center of the team.

The problem is what do we do now with the terrible contracts we have for the players who I don't see continuing with?

Tristan Thompson makes 18 million a year and we have him until 2020.

JR Smith makes 15 million a year and we have him until 2020.

George Hill makes 18.5 million a year and we have him until 2020.

Kyle Korver is the least offensive who makes 7.5 have we have him until 2020.

obviously I don't personally care as much about the money as I do them taking away from the growth of younger guys like Sexton, Hood, Nance, Osman, etc.

JR and Hill only have partial guarantees for the second year, so there’s value in those deals this year.

Korver is a tradable asset given his salary and shooting.

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Agreed.

Didn’t seem to help much in Minny. Or here tbh, who’s he developed?

Id rather hire a shooting coach and keep the first.

A shooting coach is worth a first?

Do that too.

Its a completely different kevin love from what we saw in Minny. He could help development by having the team being somewhat competive. Having him on the team, shows that the franchise isnt in full tank mode. playing meaningful basketball will help the young guys. 

Korver will actually contribute on and off the court. Rookie, specially in the NBA, you have no idea what they will be like.

I just dont want to see a roster with a bunch of rookies

We just need to get clarkson and jr off this team before the season starts. We don’t need delusional scrubs who take terrible shots. I can’t watch jr lose another man on a back door cut or take a long contested 2 or clarkson pass up wide open guys under the basket to take an off the dribble contested 3. Let Sexton and cedi dominate the ball all season and get them use to running an offense. I think that’ll be good especially for cedi. Point forwards are so valuable. Give him the year to develop it. 

Edited by sdrawkcab321

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Its a completely different kevin love from what we saw in Minny. He could help development by having the team being somewhat competive. Having him on the team, shows that the franchise isnt in full tank mode. playing meaningful basketball will help the young guys. 

Korver will actually contribute on and off the court. Rookie, specially in the NBA, you have no idea what they will be like.

I just dont want to see a roster with a bunch of rookies

Korver would (and could) be a good trade chip for the team that needs a sharpshooter for the playoff push.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, buno67 said:

We hear it every year, in all sports. This draft is going to be deeper than ever. 

Get young players and develop them. I’m glad they kept love because it will allow the young guys to develop. 

Players will develop if you can get them to play meaningful basketball. Having Love means that. Hey that 1st rd pick will be worth it’s weight in gold if Korver stays on the team and properly fixes cedis and Sextons shot. That alone makes it worth it.  Also the Cavs could potentially buy a pick with Hills and JRa contracts. 

This doesn’t make sense to me. 

How can you value a pick that hasn’t been made yet. 

A top 10 pick could be our next Sexton. 

These guys aren’t talented enough to win a championship. 

I’m gonna be pretty pissed when the Hawks are the new Warriors because they used our pick to get a star 

• Like 1