Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

8 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yep. Clarkson is the perfect type of guy you want for a tank. 

I’ve said it before, but I believe there is a role for a guy like Clarkson in a winning team during the regular season.

Occasionally he’s on and can be lighting in a bottle off the bench.  Every now and then he’s able to be that second or third scoring option on a particular night.

He’s useless come playoff time though, at least until he learns about shot selection, ball movement and team defense. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Also, this idea that we need to “develop Larry Nance” is befuddling.

He’s a 25 yo energy big.  He’s essentially Anderson Varejao.  

He’s a middling starter (at best) or, most likely, a decent bench player on a championship quality team.

He’s still got room to grow. The lakers misused him for years as a 4/5. He’s a pure 5 in today’s game. He’s still got a shot that’s developing. Once he learns to play with more control and less fouling he will be a very good starter. There’s not many bigs who can comfortable switch on to every position. I think his shot blocking will improve also. We seen once he got here and played more at the rim his shot blocking numbers went up. From 0.8 blocks per 36 in LA to 1.3 here. There’s still room for him to develop. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He’s still got room to grow. The lakers misused him for years as a 4/5. He’s a pure 5 in today’s game. He’s still got a shot that’s developing. Once he learns to play with more control and less fouling he will be a very good starter. There’s not many bigs who can comfortable switch on to every position. I think his shot blocking will improve also. We seen once he got here and played more at the rim his shot blocking numbers went up. From 0.8 blocks per 36 in LA to 1.3 here. There’s still room for him to develop. 

Of course he can improve, but it’s not like he’s going to turn into a star or anything.

He’s a nice piece, but hardly a “foundational” player imo.

3 hours ago, buno67 said:

Idk about that. There are 6 teams better than the Cavs. So right now they are fighting for 7-8. Have no idea how injuries might play out or if their are surprises. I wouldn’t be surprised if they made it or didn’t make it 

Celtics
76ers
Raptors
Pacers
Bucks
Wizards
Heat
Cavs

Those are my 8 teams in the East.

2 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Celtics
76ers
Raptors
Pacers
Bucks
Wizards
Heat
Cavs

Those are my 8 teams in the East.

I think the Pistons will compete with a full season off blake and a new HC. Hornets could flirt with that 8th spot as well

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I think the Pistons will compete with a full season off blake and a new HC. Hornets could flirt with that 8th spot as well

Yeah I dont think we make the playoffs

Pistons are better

I think Koby is trying to fool us to make it think our roster is better than it is

I know basketbal and I'm not fooled we are very untalented 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

Blake will be hurt by January. So will Reggie Jackson. They’ve got nothing going for them. Hornets are more of a competition. 

19 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

Some Warriors fan is feeding the info on that. There’s no way I’m going to believe that Draymond was humbly and apologetically approaching Thompson to squash beef and then got punched. That’s completely out of Dray’s character. Video or that didn’t happen. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck