Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

26 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

I wonder what the Cavaliers had offered.  I'm guessing Love for Melo & Irving for George possibly??  The thought of having 3/4 of the banana boat with the Cavaliers would have been interesting.

My guess is that it was somehow one of Kyrie/Love going out (probably Kyrie) and the other stuck around. Moving both for George/Melo is a lateral move at best. My guess is that Kyrie would've gone to Indy, and Indy would've kicked in a couple of pieces to go with something like Shump, a Pick, and Osman back to NY.

My guess as to what the Cavaliers depth chart will look like when everyone is healthy:

PG - IT/Rose/Calderon

SG - Wade/JR/Shumpert

SF - James/Crowder/Korver/Cedi Osman

PF - Love/Green/Frye

C - TT/Zizic

I would keep Cedi Osman as the 15th roster player over Richard Jefferson because of his youth and versatility.  I also think Jefferson doesn't get a lot of playing time any way this year with all of the new additions to the team.  If your going to have a player sit most of the season and play only garbage minutes, why not a younger player.  Just my opinion.

Peace!!!

17 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

My guess as to what the Cavaliers depth chart will look like when everyone is healthy:

PG - IT/Rose/Calderon

SG - Wade/JR/Shumpert

SF - James/Crowder/Korver/Cedi Osman

PF - Love/Green/Frye

C - TT/Zizic

I would keep Cedi Osman as the 15th roster player over Richard Jefferson because of his youth and versatility.  I also think Jefferson doesn't get a lot of playing time any way this year with all of the new additions to the team.  If your going to have a player sit most of the season and play only garbage minutes, why not a younger player.  Just my opinion.

Peace!!!

I’d cut Calderon. We don’t need him now that we’ve got wade. We’ve got Lebron IT wade and rose as our primary ball handlers. At least RJ can give us a few solid minutes of defense against backups off the bench. Just don’t have him guarding KD again...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’d cut Calderon. We don’t need him now that we’ve got wade. We’ve got Lebron IT wade and rose as our primary ball handlers. At least RJ can give us a few solid minutes of defense against backups off the bench. Just don’t have him guarding KD again...

I understand what your saying.  I just don't see Jefferson getting any minutes in the playoffs in all honesty.  Rotations shrink during the playoffs with 8 players generally getting regular minutes. Even if the Cavaliers played 10 players regular minutes in the playoffs, there are 10 that I would choose easily to play before Jefferson does. You could cut Calderon & keep Jefferson but with IT and the uncertainty with his hip,  I would think keeping Calderon is the better insurance policy.  In the end, I don't think Jefferson or Calderon play in the playoffs if everyone is healthy.  I lean towards keeping Calderon only as insurance for IT.

Peace!!!

Last year we had 2 playmakers, kyrie and Lebron. This year we have FOUR!  I can FINALLY see Lebron sitting for stretches and we being fine. 

Btw look up the fancy stats when Crowder was on and off the court for bahstan. Also Thomas. The trade bahston made was pure stupidity. I love Kyrie, I tried telling you guys we'd take him (long story?) but we are a better team without him. 

• Like 2

Man I was playing 2k don't know if any of you guys do

But its absolutley crazy playing with this roster

we literally have Rose, IT, Wade, Korver, Crowder, Bron, Love, JR,...., ...., ....

Like even if this roster is old its so deep guys like Korver and Wade can stay fresh for the long haul 

On 9/29/2017 at 8:25 PM, candyman93 said:

I don't see any reason why Wade can't be at least the same type of player Manu was when he was in his mid 30's. Wade is not a superstar anymore, but he's VERY capable of being a solid contributor at worst. Wade also KNOWS he's getting old.

I completely agree. They really need to just put him on a minutes restriction. Tell him to ball out for 20-25mins a game. If he is really playing well that he plays lomger but let him stay fresh. I think he is going to be huge for the 2nd unit. 

31 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I just hope a well rested wade decides to get back to playing defense. He looked like kyrie out there on d last year just dying on every screen. 

he can play D like Irving as long as he can lead a unit on the floor to actually play when James is on the bench.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck