Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

42 minutes ago, bruceb said:

He kinda did tonight.

Lol aaaaaand there was the game I have been waiting for.

.....and it's also the reason why I would keep Garland over Sexton long-term. Garland ability to score + facilitate opens it up for the entire team. Sexton slows the offense down and ISO scores while everyone stands and watches.

Not hating on Sexton but tonight proved my point in a lot of my previous posts. The TEAM functions best when Garland is the #1 option running the offense. 

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, bruceb said:

An outlier so far, yes.

A glimpse, though, of what he can do/be.

I will bet he scores more than 12 next game.

Hopefully this is the game that is a launching point for him and his scoring. It was honestly then first time I can remember him playing the #1 scoring role over Sexton and hunted his shots aggressively. He didn't play passive or 2nd fiddle this game.

He needs to be taking close to 20 shots per night and be that Damien Lillard type that people touted his game as. It's all mental, be the alpha.

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hopefully this is the game that is a launching point for him and his scoring. It was honestly then first time I can remember him playing the #1 scoring role over Sexton and hunted his shots.

He needs to be taking close to 20 shots per night and be that Damien Lillard type that people touted his game as. It's all mental, be the alpha.

He needs to just keep growing. He’s freaking young and inexperienced. Why can’t none of you exercise patience with talent?

5 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

He needs to just keep growing. He’s freaking young and inexperienced. Why can’t none of you exercise patience with talent?

Oh I have been the king of patience with Garland, Sexton not so much lol

He is getting more comfortable and you can tell his confidence is growing by the game.

Garland in 2 years is going to be a All Star. I just hope the Cavs don't screw it up and do something stupid like not resign him, prioritize Sexton over him to make him upset or draft another guard to take the ball even more out of his hands.

The organization needs to back him, tell him he's their guy and put pieces in place to build around him AND MOVE SEXTON TO 6th MAN.

It is literally the Kyrie/Waiters thing all over again

Edited by AkronsWitness

9 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Oh I have been the king of patience with Garland, Sexton not so much lol

He is getting more comfortable and you can tell his confidence is growing by the game.

Garland in 2 years is going to be a All Star. I just hope the Cavs don't screw it up and do something stupid like not resign him, prioritize Sexton over him to make him upset or draft another guard to take the ball even more out of his hands.

The organization needs to back him, tell him he's their guy and put pieces in place to build around him AND MOVE SEXTON TO 6th MAN.

It is literally the Kyrie/Waiters thing all over again

Ahh gotcha so we’re pretty much on the same page. Full logical disclosure in honesty the biggest thing with Garland I’m worried about is his mental game. He’s definitely talented. But he has to keep the mental edge to continue his improvement. 

For real the predicting the mental game is why getting prospects right is so difficult. I’m actually really surprised more money hasn’t been spent researching that. 

19 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Ahh gotcha so we’re pretty much on the same page. Full logical disclosure in honesty the biggest thing with Garland I’m worried about is his mental game. He’s definitely talented. But he has to keep the mental edge to continue his improvement. 

For real the predicting the mental game is why getting prospects right is so difficult. I’m actually really surprised more money hasn’t been spent researching that. 

I think that's why they drafted Sexton/Okoro. They are both so ilar in the sense that as prospects theywbere considered 'basketball junkies' who loved the game, studied and worked worked worked. I think that's the closest they have gotten.

I can tell Garland gets frustrated because of the lack of foul calls for somebody his size. Usually with a player like him (Kemba, Thomas, Steph, ect) you couldn't breath on them without a foul. Garland doesn't get that whistle....yet. I think he's figuring out still how to play with his size and not get all ticked off when he gets guys being physical on defense with him.

• Like 2