Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

7 hours ago, #32 said:

Altman press conference on Friday was dismal at best.  He really does not have a clue on rebuilding process and does not understand the reality of an NBA team.  All the media to a person was bashing Altman for numerous mistakes that Altman believes were not his.  Ridiculous!  Irving trade, Love contract, Beurlein hire, Porter, Windler, Drummond and the list goes on.  Altman is delusional.  Every analysis states the common thread in all player/GM relationships is the fact every player dislikes and distrusts Altman.  Fire him now!

Gilbert won’t get rid of his puppet. If he hasn’t by now he won’t any time soon. Gilbert makes the decisions and Koby just does the grunt work.

12 hours ago, #32 said:

Altman press conference on Friday was dismal at best.  He really does not have a clue on rebuilding process and does not understand the reality of an NBA team.  All the media to a person was bashing Altman for numerous mistakes that Altman believes were not his.  Ridiculous!  Irving trade, Love contract, Beurlein hire, Porter, Windler, Drummond and the list goes on.  Altman is delusional.  Every analysis states the common thread in all player/GM relationships is the fact every player dislikes and distrusts Altman.  Fire him now!

The presser definitely rubbed me the wrong way. I think Koby has done some really good things as a GM. I think he has hit on his draft picks for the most part. The Windler pick isnt looking good though, he did flash for a brief period, but has been injury prone. My issues with his draft strategy is he has no problem blowing through 2nd round picks, and yes, those are longshots to pan out, but every year we see guys that end up being tremendous players for their team. Since 16', guys like Brogdan, Dillon Brooks, Brunson, Graham, Mitchell Robinson, Gary Trent Jr, Khiri Thomas, Bruce Brown, Diallo, Melton, Shake Milton, Mcdaniels have all had good starts to their careers. There are also some very stellar defenders on this list. We have drafted one 2nd round player since 2016, Kay Felder. We gave up four second round picks just to get Kevin Porter. I think he and Dan having a good relationship may be bad for the franchise. No doubt that Dan was the big reason behind the Belien hire. If Dan keeps Koby then its because Koby is a yes man to Dan and he will do moves that Dan wants. 

My gripe draft wise is that he seems to refuse to give up anything to move up in the draft early. You have guys like Hunter who would be perfect for this team go one pick before us, then you have guys like Brandon Clarke, Grant Williams and Thybulle who are excellent defenders who we could have moved up a few picks to get, and we instead stay put. I think seeing gaffes such as drafting small guards in back to back classes (I like them both, but smarter moves could have been made), trading for a center then trading for another starting center before lining up a move with Drummond, its just amateur moves. 

8 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

The presser definitely rubbed me the wrong way. I think Koby has done some really good things as a GM. I think he has hit on his draft picks for the most part. The Windler pick isnt looking good though, he did flash for a brief period, but has been injury prone. My issues with his draft strategy is he has no problem blowing through 2nd round picks, and yes, those are longshots to pan out, but every year we see guys that end up being tremendous players for their team. Since 16', guys like Brogdan, Dillon Brooks, Brunson, Graham, Mitchell Robinson, Gary Trent Jr, Khiri Thomas, Bruce Brown, Diallo, Melton, Shake Milton, Mcdaniels have all had good starts to their careers. There are also some very stellar defenders on this list. We have drafted one 2nd round player since 2016, Kay Felder. We gave up four second round picks just to get Kevin Porter. I think he and Dan having a good relationship may be bad for the franchise. No doubt that Dan was the big reason behind the Belien hire. If Dan keeps Koby then its because Koby is a yes man to Dan and he will do moves that Dan wants. 

My gripe draft wise is that he seems to refuse to give up anything to move up in the draft early. You have guys like Hunter who would be perfect for this team go one pick before us, then you have guys like Brandon Clarke, Grant Williams and Thybulle who are excellent defenders who we could have moved up a few picks to get, and we instead stay put. I think seeing gaffes such as drafting small guards in back to back classes (I like them both, but smarter moves could have been made), trading for a center then trading for another starting center before lining up a move with Drummond, its just amateur moves. 

Wow

Not a shocker, but give the Nets the title. Even if they face the Lakers, LA doesn’t have enough.

KD is a pain in the *** for Lebron. Harden is a better player than Anthony Davis. Kyrie is better than Schroeder. The role players are even.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

Not a shocker, but give the Nets the title. Even if they face the Lakers, LA doesn’t have enough.

KD is a pain in the *** for Lebron. Harden is a better player than Anthony Davis. Kyrie is better than Schroeder. The role players are even.

Yeah I never worried about the nets during the season. Too much talent there. People forgot how great harden is when he was phoning it in with Houston. 

• Like 1

IMHO the Bucks have the roster, big men, and a strong defense to handle Nets and Philly.  The key for Bucks is Giannis guarding Durant.  The East should be heavy favorites to win the title.

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Had a feeling the Suns would give the Lakers too many problems.

AD does not do well against a bigger body like Ayton. Phoenix rarely turns the ball over too. Booker is playing like Kobe Bryant.

Yeah, the fact is this year the Lakers are simply not as good as they were last year. Both LBJ/AD being banged up the whole year and now AD is out. The surrounding talent just isnt there like it was last season with Rondo/Howard and others. They need to just take this series loss and figure out how to do a massive roster overhaul for next season.

I also think with the quick season turnaround it killed teams like the Lakers/Heat who went all the way last year.

6 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Had a feeling the Suns would give the Lakers too many problems.

AD does not do well against a bigger body like Ayton. Phoenix rarely turns the ball over too. Booker is playing like Kobe Bryant.

AD at the 5 was murdering Phoenix before he went out. They didn't take it seriously enough to sweep in Phoenix and got punished by the AD injury. I'm not counting them out until it's over, but without AD they don't have the horses to get it done.

Hopefully the Lakers fold and don’t ever come back, and lebron can be upset with his lack of a supporting cast after decimating a roster in a blockbuster trade for the sake of one title at yet another franchise.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, FGK said:

AD at the 5 was murdering Phoenix before he went out

Yes, he was scoring, but Ayton completely abused him in the paint on the other end. He has a absurd % right now.

I love Luka, but if Ayton keeps playing like this, he’s justifying the #1 pick. You NEED a big stud to beat the Lakers.

Edited by candyman93

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah, he’ll guard him for stretches but generally speaking just throw bodies at him and let Giannis focus on being a help defender.

Im hoping this is the year it all clicks for Giannis and the Bucks. Hes grinded his butt off and hopefully his previous post season playoff troubles are teachable moments for him

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck