Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’m curious if todays resting would help Shaq in todays league.

Shaq would HAVE to lose some belly too. He’d have to look like he did in Orlando.

Shaq was a horrific free throw shooter, but Lebron is a bad free throw shooter himself (it’s his only flaw).

Shaq probably wasn’t being over worked back in the day so I don’t think it would have mattered. He only played 70+ games in a season 7 times. 

Cavs extend the qualifying offers to Sexton/Nembhard

Its also reported a 'mystery EC team has made San Antonio offers for Dejounte Murray including a good young player and multiple 1sts.'

So there is that, doesnt solve our gaping hole at the SF position but I would def. love to add a guy like Murray next to Garland.

49 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Cavs extend the qualifying offers to Sexton/Nembhard

Its also reported a 'mystery EC team has made San Antonio offers for Dejounte Murray including a good young player and multiple 1sts.'

So there is that, doesnt solve our gaping hole at the SF position but I would def. love to add a guy like Murray next to Garland.

I think I saw a Murray for Gallinari, and multiple firsts from the Hawks.  Doesn't seem very good to me...but I would guess the Spurs would be in complete rebuild mode!

36 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I think I saw a Murray for Gallinari, and multiple firsts from the Hawks.  Doesn't seem very good to me...but I would guess the Spurs would be in complete rebuild mode!

I really hope its more than Gallinari lol But we just saw Jerami Grant (who the Cavs could have desperately used) traded for a can of Pringles, so anything is possible I guess.

There has to be a plan for a legitimate SF on this roster....there just has to be. We swung and missed on a lot of guys last year like Danny Green, Reggie Bullock, ect. Maybe now that the Cavs showed they are for real we could snag one of those veteran types this time around.

On 6/27/2022 at 10:13 AM, candyman93 said:

I’m curious if todays resting would help Shaq in todays league.

Shaq would HAVE to lose some belly too. He’d have to look like he did in Orlando.

Shaq was a horrific free throw shooter, but Lebron is a bad free throw shooter himself (it’s his only flaw).

I’d argue commitment and ego are his far bigger flaws

Seinfeld Whatever GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If we keep Sexton, he’s a permanent 6th man right?

I understand he was averaging 20+ before this season, but you can’t have him trash Garlands production.

I really hope this is the case. I hope JB has the balls to tell him that’s his role. 

I think Sexton and Garland can coexist, but the ball is going to be in Sexton’s court.

Garland is the better player and the type of player that a team can really build around and win with.  Unless he takes another step or two, Sexton is a ball dominant scorer.  Both have their uses, but there shouldn’t be much discussion about the pecking order.

Ideally Sexton comes off the bench and he and Love could really be a nice 1/2 punch with the second unit.  Both should feast against reserves.

All that said, if he’s not willing to come off the bench or if we can move him for a legit wing, he’s gotta go.

It's a shame that Cleveland is never considered a place that "stars" want to play.  When the news of Irving looking to move on from Brooklyn happened, I thought about what it would take to get Durant?  Then I saw a tweet from his brother, saying no, when Lillard was recruiting him.  Sure it's KD's brother, but......Durant ain't goin to Portland.  He ain't comin here either.

That story could be built up though....Durant:  "Hey Bron...I am goin to YOUR hometown, and gonna win more rings there than you did.