Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

1 hour ago, ohiogenius said:

We should try to go after Steven Adams.

JC/Knight + JR Smith for Adams + 1st

Probably have to take on Roberson to get him for that pile of trash. Might have to include nance too to give them a big who can do some of the stuff Adams could for more than half the cost. 

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Little is a poor defender

What?!?! He's one of the top 5 defenders in this draft. I had him as the best defensive wing in the class, slightly ahead of DeAndre Hunter (who has a much better offensive game).

I don't know if Little can score, but he sure as hell can defend his nuts off.

Honestly I'm not happy with all the picks, but I understand the reasoning behind them and can accept them.

Darius Garland - BPA and Sexton showed he could swap between playing with or without the ball in his hands and shot pretty well overall, so taking another guard capable of shooting, something our team as a whole struggled with outside of Sexton and Love, will really help improve the offense.  With actual coaching I'm hoping to see more ball movement so that it doesn't matter who started with the ball in their hands, we'll find good open shots.

Dylan Windler - Seems like a Kyle Korver caliber of player.  Maybe 1 or 2 All-Star appearances if they have a great half of basketball shooting, but a #5/high bench rotation guy that provides adequate defense and is a 3pt sniper.  Seems to have good basketball IQ, but weight/athleticism could make defending more difficult.

Kevin Porter Jr. - Overall wildcard of the bunch.  Has all the tools and abilities to be a Harden-Lite player if he matures and reaches his full potential, but could also just end up as a Jordan Clarkson-esque 6th man (which is actually a really good player in that role), or maybe somewhere in the middle as a Manu Ginobili type player.  Really just depends on his maturity and work ethic to become the player his talent will allow.

If everyone is healthy I could see this team making a push to try and get the 8th seed in the East, they'll probably fall short, but it's not crazy to imagine it happening.  Really comes down to the moves they make during FA as teams strike out on their primary targets and then at the trade deadline.

9 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I just want Cavs fans only. I don’t want guys like @Raves feeling left out.

I think they’re all just Lebron fans except raves and dan Bali. Especially dtait. 

Not a bad idea though. If we can save Cavs fan from that cesspool everyone wins. 

27 minutes ago, ohiogenius said:

Yup pretty much

I wonder how much coaching can change defenses in the NBA like they can in the NFL. I know Belein has coached always some pretty rock solid defenses at UM and maybe his coaching will translate to having these guys unlock some potential. 

6 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I wonder how much coaching can change defenses in the NBA like they can in the NFL. I know Belein has coached always some pretty rock solid defenses at UM and maybe his coaching will translate to having these guys unlock some potential. 

His top defensive coach with Michigan isn’t here. So that would be up to bickerstaff. 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck