Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

I don't know what we expected at the deadline. We were dangling trash. I'm glad Javale will get big time minutes for a good team when it matters. 

Sucks that we weren't able to get anything out of Drummond but we did shut him down to trade him once we traded for Allen. We are probably better served at this point to just get our guys heavy minutes, and let JB be the tank commander again. Hopefully our lottery luck ends with us in the top 3. 

3 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

I don't know what we expected at the deadline. We were dangling trash. I'm glad Javale will get big time minutes for a good team when it matters. 

Sucks that we weren't able to get anything out of Drummond but we did shut him down to trade him once we traded for Allen. We are probably better served at this point to just get our guys heavy minutes, and let JB be the tank commander again. Hopefully our lottery luck ends with us in the top 3. 

No one wanted to take on drummonds contract. 
I heard there were some teams that were interested in him but it would have required the Cavs to take on a bad contract that wasn’t going to expire.

Just now, buno67 said:

No one wanted to take on drummonds contract. 
I heard there were some teams that were interested in him but it would have required the Cavs to take on a bad contract that wasn’t going to expire.

I'm fine buying him out and moving on. He was a black hole of bad basketball. 

2 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

I'm fine buying him out and moving on. He was a black hole of bad basketball. 

I give Koby some credit. He took a gamble to try and create something. Didn’t work out. Drum is a good basketball player he just doesn’t fit in the league. He would have been a star 20yrs ago 

My issue with the structure of the team overall isn't that Sexton and Garland aren't good, because they are fantastic players, but the league is trending hard towards larger guards and smaller bigs. We just can't hack it on a night to night basis defensively. We NEED a guy like Mobley in addition to already having Allen to play rim protection and be lob threats. I don't know that this is a team that ever gets it together with our current core. Garland needs to go to the Chris Paul school of playing bigger than he is and Sexton needs to continue to improve his passing and defensive abilities as well. 

8 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

My issue with the structure of the team overall isn't that Sexton and Garland aren't good, because they are fantastic players, but the league is trending hard towards larger guards and smaller bigs. We just can't hack it on a night to night basis defensively. We NEED a guy like Mobley in addition to already having Allen to play rim protection and be lob threats. I don't know that this is a team that ever gets it together with our current core. Garland needs to go to the Chris Paul school of playing bigger than he is and Sexton needs to continue to improve his passing and defensive abilities as well. 

The difference is Paul is built like a brick s&-$;$ house and Garland is built like a 20 year old kid. IDK if he will ever be able to put on that kind of weight.

They need to get more offensively out of Okoro

The clear cut top 5 prospects (IMO) are:

Cade Cunningham (PG/SG)
Jalen Suggs (PG/SG)
Evan Mobley (C/PF)
Jalen Green (SG)
Jonathan Kuminga (SF)

The obvious positional fits for us would be Mobley and (especially) Kuminga. I'm just hoping we don't drop out of the top 5 in the lottery, as it seems like there is a steep drop off after those five.

Just now, FGK said:

The clear cut top 5 prospects (IMO) are:

Cade Cunningham (PG/SG)
Jalen Suggs (PG/SG)
Evan Mobley (C/PF)
Jalen Green (SG)
Jonathan Kuminga (SF)

The obvious positional fits for us would be Mobley and (especially) Kuminga. I'm just hoping we don't drop out of the top 5 in the lottery, as it seems like there is a steep drop off after those five.

Fit doesn’t matter. The entire team is replaceable. Go best player. 

3 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

The difference is Paul is built like a brick s&-$;$ house and Garland is built like a 20 year old kid. IDK if he will ever be able to put on that kind of weight.

They need to get more offensively out of Okoro

That’s not going to happen. His game is what it’s going to be. He might improve on certain things he does offensively a bit but he’s not going to be an offensive piece to rely on. 

30 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

That’s not going to happen. His game is what it’s going to be. He might improve on certain things he does offensively a bit but he’s not going to be an offensive piece to rely on. 

People expect to find Bruce Bowen and you’ll never find that. You could not leave him open in the corner and he was the best on ball defender I’ve ever seen.

1 minute ago, TypicalBrowns10 said:

People expect to find Bruce Bowen and you’ll never find that. You could not leave him open in the corner and he was the best on ball defender I’ve ever seen.

Yeah he’s not Bruce Bowen. Bowen was a maniac. Okoro is too nice. He’s more Caron butler than Bruce Bowen. 

3 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

We tried to copy Portland. The only thing is dame is a true PG and a clutch performer and I personally played against CJ when he was at glen oak. I’m from canton as well. The purest of scorers. Sexton is what he is. He’s gonna dominate the ball. I’m more impressed he’s developing into a nice scorer but he still screams first man off the bench. Garland needs time. Slot of it. He’s starting to get it but he’s so small in terms of being PG rn but the kid is so young. 

Just now, sdrawkcab321 said:

Yeah he’s not Bruce Bowen. Bowen was a maniac. Okoro is too nice. He’s more Caron butler than Bruce Bowen. 

But that’s what people are going for. I like okoro. I think he has a place in the league and I’ll take him all day over cedi. Hell that Thomas guy gives you better play in limited minutes than both of them sometimes.