Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

7 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Sexton and garland would have to be gone before he plays a single game with us.  You just can’t play the 3 together and you aren’t going to convince one of those high lottery picks that they are going to come off the bench. 

If suggs is their guy, I would hope they trade Garland and Sexton to get him a legit 2 to play with.

6 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

Mobley can for sure play with JA. That's what has me so excited about him. He has a decent stretch game so far, it would be all about improving his range and his handles a bit out around the perimeter. Everything else he does really really well. And he is pretty slept on with his passing and he has already shown all year that he can play with another, less-skilled big already. Allen is a true center that wouldn't demand touches. He could do what he does best and Mobley could do his thing. 

The guys I like best for us are: 

-Mobley

-Suggs

-Cunningham

-Moody

I would take cunningham over Suggs. At least with Cunningham, we could run with him and Garland as the 1-2. if we take suggs, we gotta trade Sexton and Garland. I dont have issues with that but I think Garland is developing nicely and prolly would look better with a legit 2 next to him

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

If suggs is their guy, I would hope they trade Garland and Sexton to get him a legit 2 to play with.

I would take cunningham over Suggs. At least with Cunningham, we could run with him and Garland as the 1-2. if we take suggs, we gotta trade Sexton and Garland. I dont have issues with that but I think Garland is developing nicely and prolly would look better with a legit 2 next to him

I know it's not super legit but Amico said that there are already rumblings that Garland won't be in Cleveland past his rookie deal. Apparently he is undercover unhappy here and with the play if some of the other guys (Sexton). 

It also makes sense because he and Porter Jr were close and Porter was essentially cut off the roster.

We could trade them, but what's their value? I don't think any team is giving up more than a late 1st for Sexton or Garland. If we traded them, it would be for pennies on the dollar. Two top lotto picks.

This team is horrible.

Edited by AkronsWitness

11 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I know it's not super legit but Amico said that there are already rumblings that Garland won't be in Cleveland past his rookie deal. Apparently he is undercover unhappy here and with the play if some of the other guys (Sexton). 

It also makes sense because he and Porter Jr were close and Porter was essentially cut off the roster.

We could trade them, but what's their value? I don't think any team is giving up more than a late 1st for Sexton or Garland. If we traded them, it would be for pennies on the dollar. Two top lotto picks.

This team is horrible.

When you have failed picks, they are already less value. They create value by not potentially poisoning the new rookie. 

yes they were top lotto picks but they were never the guys you wanted in the lotto. Like it’s kinda annoying thst ppl want to kill Koby because he drafted Garland and Sexton but it’s not like he drafted those guys over the rookies who were the top of the class. Sexton’s class, there were about 5 legit rookies and the Cavs were picking 8th. Cavs pick Garland 5th, when there were only 3 top tier guys.

Porter was great but as good as he is, he is as equally stupid. Dude had major issues before the draft and right before his 2nd  season he gets in an accident with drugs and guns in the car, then throws a hissy fit cause his locker got moved even tho he isn’t dressing for games yet becuase of the off court stuff. Dude made his own bed, just had to lay in it but he was acting like he was an established star in the league. 

Porter is prolly upset becuase he is a better PG than Sexton but won’t get fully handed the keys to the offense 

5 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

This is just assumed 

Altman is weird. He has won some trades and made me go 'wow' (like getting Allen for next to nothing) but he has also had his head scratchers the other way (like trading KPJ for nothing).

I think the bigger problem is the franchises overall stability. I want to know why we cant keep any players happy. Why does it seem like every player that shows some promise gets disgruntled and traded away. Why did JR Smith throw that soup, why did KPJ go on a tirade about a locker, why did Drummond not play for 1 month and get bought out.

There just seems to be something always unsettling about the FO/Coaching Staff where they just constantly rub players the wrong way. So much in-fighting and unhappyness between players/staff is a concern.

I want to know why this weird stuff keeps happening with the Cavs. We are like the Sacramento Kings of the East.

Edited by AkronsWitness

17 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Altman is weird. He has won some trades and made me go 'wow' (like getting Allen for next to nothing) but he has also had his head scratchers the other way (like trading KPJ for nothing).

I think the bigger problem is the franchises overall stability. I want to know why we cant keep any players happy. Why does it seem like every player that shows some promise gets disgruntled and traded away. Why did JR Smith throw that soup, why did KPJ go on a tirade about a locker, why did Drummond not play for 1 month and get bought out.

There just seems to be something always unsettling about the FO/Coaching Staff where they just constantly rub players the wrong way. So much in-fighting and unhappyness between players/staff is a concern.

I want to know why this weird stuff keeps happening with the Cavs. We are like the Sacramento Kings of the East.

We’re acting like the most model of players were just snapping. Smith and KPJ were guys with track records. Smith wasn’t getting too much playing when he snapped and KPJ had his off the court issues that had to be handled before he was able to play again. Drummond was turning into an issues. He wanted the offense ran through him and the dude just ate positions. He refused to change his ways even tho Jarrett Allen was better than him. So they were forced to sit him. No one was going to trade for that contract. 

the Cavs need to do a full on blow up and rebuild. Quit holding onto vets like you are holding onto an outside chance of the playoffs. Get rid of guys like Delly, Love, and etc and fully committ to a true rebuild 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

We’re acting like the most model of players were just snapping. Smith and KPJ were guys with track records. Smith wasn’t getting too much playing when he snapped and KPJ had his off the court issues that had to be handled before he was able to play again. Drummond was turning into an issues. He wanted the offense ran through him and the dude just ate positions. He refused to change his ways even tho Jarrett Allen was better than him. So they were forced to sit him. No one was going to trade for that contract. 

the Cavs need to do a full on blow up and rebuild. Quit holding onto vets like you are holding onto an outside chance of the playoffs. Get rid of guys like Delly, Love, and etc and fully committ to a true rebuild 

The problem with that is you NEED veterans that know what they are doing to be leaders in the lockerroom and show the young guys how to be pros. The whole reason the Cavs kept Love/Delly/Nance and others was so that they could steer the ship while guys like Sexton/Okoro/Garland could get adjusted at their own pace.

The veterans were supposed to carry the water for these young guys so they didnt experience such lows. The issue is all of those veterans are gone or injured. The plan was never to have Sexton/Garland be the #1 and #2 options. That was a recipe for disaster.

You dont invest in any veteran help you end up looking like the post Derek Rose Bulls for the past 10 years.

48 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

The problem with that is you NEED veterans that know what they are doing to be leaders in the lockerroom and show the young guys how to be pros. The whole reason the Cavs kept Love/Delly/Nance and others was so that they could steer the ship while guys like Sexton/Okoro/Garland could get adjusted at their own pace.

The veterans were supposed to carry the water for these young guys so they didnt experience such lows. The issue is all of those veterans are gone or injured. The plan was never to have Sexton/Garland be the #1 and #2 options. That was a recipe for disaster.

You dont invest in any veteran help you end up looking like the post Derek Rose Bulls for the past 10 years.

Post Derrick Rose bulls have had no luck in the drsft and in coaching. The lack of vets to me isn’t what has been holding them back. Hell, we had a decent amount of vets when we had Irving Waiters and it did nothing to helping them.

18 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Post Derrick Rose bulls have had no luck in the drsft and in coaching. The lack of vets to me isn’t what has been holding them back. Hell, we had a decent amount of vets when we had Irving Waiters and it did nothing to helping them.

I don't know, I just don't believe surrounding a bunch of 19-22 years olds who have never won in the NBA with more 19-23 year olds is productive.

The other thing is those Irving/Waiters teams didn't have good veterans. The Cavs this season had Love/Drummond who were actual veterans capable of carrying the load. Those 2010-2013 Cavs teams didn't have that.

Sexton can score but he has basically turned into empty stats guy. I don't know how much he really improves the team and other players around him. Garland has the ability because of his playmaking but has yet to fully assert himself scoring.

It just would have been nice to have both Love healthy and Drummond carrying the weight so those other guys didn't have to be thrown in the fire so quickly. 

Edited by AkronsWitness

7 hours ago, LinebackerGod said:

If we’re gonna suck, I want us to be a team of ankle-biting maniacs. Build something different than everyone else. Get the most irritating players possible in here. Offensive potential be damned!

So help me if that would work out as being Dray Green.

id burn a lbj jersey in outrage

Edited by malibuspeedrace

56 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

So help me if that would work out as being Dray Green.

id burn a lbj jersey in outrage

I would love to have draymond. his contract is horrible but he’s a fiery leader that can defend every position. You need a vet leader like that who will get in the young guys face. 

National Championship is tonight. Gonzaga is an all time great team. Their 4th best player Joel Ayayi is an All American honorable mention and a complete player on both sides.

Obviously the main attraction is Jalen Suggs. He’s a true PG and could be the heir to CP3’s throne of being the best pure PG when he hangs it up.