Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

1 hour ago, LinebackerGod said:

The odds always favor the worst teams. And I’m not saying to let both walk for nothing. Trade.

And who cares if we whiff on the rebuild? What, we go from winning 27 games in a season to 17? 

Trade for what? Who is trading for Collin Sexton and Darius Garland right now? They spent a #5 and #8 pick in the draft on each of them and the best we could probably trade each one for is a late 1st or a equally shaky young player in return.

You dont tear down and start a rebuild 2 years into a rebuild. Thats how you become the 2000-2018 Browns.

They have to figure this out and how to maximize each of them. It starts in June this year when they draft a legit SF so that Sexton can be properly moved to a 6th man, Okoro can play his natural position at SG and Garland can lead the starters with his playmaking.

The longer the Cavs continue to try this 2 6'1" guard lineup and not shake things up the longer this whole process will take. They need to start by playing their young guys in their proper positions first.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Trade for what? Who is trading for Collin Sexton and Darius Garland right now? They spent a #5 and #8 pick in the draft on each of them and the best we could probably trade each one for is a late 1st or a equally shaky young player in return.

You dont tear down and start a rebuild 2 years into a rebuild. Thats how you become the 2000-2018 Browns.

They have to figure this out and how to maximize each of them. It starts in June this year when they draft a legit SF so that Sexton can be properly moved to a 6th man, Okoro can play his natural position at SG and Garland can lead the starters with his playmaking.

The longer the Cavs continue to try this 2 6'1" guard lineup and not shake things up the longer this whole process will take. They need to start by playing their young guys in their proper positions first.

Sure, but we can’t have our best scorer coming off the bench. Sexton isn’t gonna accept that role. I hate defensive liabilities and both of Garland and Sexton are exactly that. 

56 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

Sure, but we can’t have our best scorer coming off the bench. Sexton isn’t gonna accept that role. I hate defensive liabilities and both of Garland and Sexton are exactly that. 

I still think Sexton can be a decent defender if he’s just asked for guard PGs. He’s too small for 2s. 

4 hours ago, LinebackerGod said:

He's going to have to accept that role because it will make the team more well rounded and better longterm, he can still play big mins and close games even if he come off the bench but I think the Cavs desperately need to cancel this whole 2 undersized guards playing together experiment.

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I still think Sexton can be a decent defender if he’s just asked for guard PGs. He’s too small for 2s. 

Sure he can but his issues dont start with his defense, he's actually improved there. His issues come with his overlap with Garland along with the fact that hes a 1 dimensional offensive player.

At bare minimum he needs to change way he plays offense. Be a real off-ball SG and let Garland playmake with the ball in his hands. Let Sexton play off Garland and not the other way around.

He played off Garland against the Spurs, he still got his shots and the team looked 100x smoother.

Edited by AkronsWitness

5 hours ago, LinebackerGod said:

Ok so I’ve been the first in here to say Sexton is a pretty good player. When I turn on my emotional side I want him to start. I really love the dude as a human. There are so many of us that can learn from him concerning his work ethic. Now turning off emotion and relying on logic, he needs to go to a 6th man role. He can be elite there. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But scoring is the only thing he’s good at. His size limitations as a 2 guard are overwhelming. 

I’ll do a write up later, but if we’re forced to choose between him and Garland I’m taking Garland. He fits in with any of the top 5 highly ranked cats in the upcoming draft. Yeah that includes Suggs. Sexton fits in with Suggs and that’s about it, if we’re talking about keeping him a starter. 

Or...sixth man role and we can talk about keeping the team together. 

JMFO

1 minute ago, Bonanza23 said:

Ok so I’ve been the first in here to say Sexton is a pretty good player. When I turn on my emotional side I want him to start. I really love the dude as a human. There are so many of us that can learn from him concerning his work ethic. Now turning off emotion and relying on logic, he needs to go to a 6th man role. He can be elite there. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that. But scoring is the only thing he’s good at. His size limitations as a 2 guard are overwhelming. 

I’ll do a write up later, but if we’re forced to choose between him and Garland I’m taking Garland. He fits in with any of the top 5 highly ranked cats in the upcoming draft. Yeah that includes Suggs. Sexton fits in with Suggs and that’s about it, if we’re talking about keeping him a starter. 

Or...sixth man role and we can talk about keeping the team together. 

JMFO

I can pretty much guarantee you that if we tell Sexton he’s coming off the bench for us, he’ll leave in FA. 

1 hour ago, LinebackerGod said:

I can pretty much guarantee you that if we tell Sexton he’s coming off the bench for us, he’ll leave in FA. 

The beauty of restricted free agency. He can’t leave unless we want him to. 

but I agree he wouldn’t be ok with it. 

13 hours ago, LinebackerGod said:

'i bet you he be pretty upset if you ask him to play defense as well

• Like 2

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

'i bet you he be pretty upset if you ask him to play defense as well

Meanwhile, Kevin Porter Jr just dropped 20/9/8 against the Suns in their last game and just had a game winning block on defense against the Mavericks..

So thats good.

Edited by AkronsWitness

17 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Meanwhile, Kevin Porter Jr just dropped 20/9/8 against the Suns in their last game and just had a game winning block on defense against the Mavericks..

So thats good.

I could care less about KPJ. The dude was a moron. I had no problem with them moving on from him.

Dude is being great at putting up empty stats with the Rockets.

Just a matter of time until he does something extremely. If the dude couldnt keep his cool just because his locker got moved, he has some issues going on

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I could care less about KPJ. The dude was a moron. I had no problem with them moving on from him.

Just a matter of time until he does something extremely. If the dude couldnt keep his cool just because his locker got moved, he has some issues going on

Yeah we should have moved on from him, but we completely blew that trade. You can’t tell me a 2nd was our best offer. And if it was, we should have kept him for a minute before trading him out of here. I’m all for getting rid of these morons, but that moron was more valuable than what we got for him IMO. 

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

A moron who produces. I’d take that over the garbage we have now. You don’t win with school boys. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

A moron who produces. I’d take that over the garbage we have now. You don’t win with school boys. 

what is he producing tho? garbage stat line? we have plenty of guys who can play well in garbage time