Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

Y’all trippin on Garland. He’s our best prospect by far and is going to be an all star sooner than later. His growth this years been amazing and he’s not nearly as limited as Sexton as. He’s a team first player who plays within the flow of a game. He’ll be 2013/2014 Steph in his prime. 

I’d absolutely re-take him at 5 overall in that draft class. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

Y’all trippin on Garland. He’s our best prospect by far and is going to be an all star sooner than later. His growth this years been amazing and he’s not nearly as limited as Sexton as. He’s a team first player who plays within the flow of a game. He’ll be 2013/2014 Steph in his prime. 

lol you had me until the Steph part. While I agree with you his ceiling is sky high compared to Sexton, I think his size will be his limitation in the end. Im interested in seeing if he can add more muscle to his frame as he gets older. Kemba is short like Garland, but Kemba is ripped, same thing with Steph after his 5th or 6th season in the NBA.

If he is able to continue to get comfortable and adjust to bigger defenders, he is going to make a few ASGs.

I just hope the Cavs stick with him long enough to see the fruits of their development.

16 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

lol you had me until the Steph part. While I agree with you his ceiling is sky high compared to Sexton, I think his size will be his limitation in the end. Im interested in seeing if he can add more muscle to his frame as he gets older. Kemba is short like Garland, but Kemba is ripped, same thing with Steph after his 5th or 6th season in the NBA.

this is why his age is important.  You’re comparing a 20 year old to a lot of grown *** men with grown *** man bodies.  Garland will get there too, but it takes time.

Players don’t even hit their prime until their second or third contract.  It’s a grown man’s league and we’re fielding a roster full of kids.  

16 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

If he is able to continue to get comfortable and adjust to bigger defenders, he is going to make a few ASGs.

I just hope the Cavs stick with him long enough to see the fruits of their development.

Yep, patience is the only option with all of these guys.

18 hours ago, roger murdock said:

I would absolutely take hero over him 

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

this is why his age is important.  You’re comparing a 20 year old to a lot of grown *** men with grown *** man bodies.  Garland will get there too, but it takes time.

Players don’t even hit their prime until their second or third contract.  It’s a grown man’s league and we’re fielding a roster full of kids.  

Yep, patience is the only option with all of these guys.

I remember one year (I think 2016) where Steph came into the season and added a bunch of muscle. He was no longer the little boy noodle arms. I assume all of that can be attributed to the fact that he was 26/27 at the time and could finally maximize his frame.

Even Kyrie is now yoked and he is 28 but when he came into the NBA he was thin and 'boyish'

Garland will get there too, the most important thing I see with him is that he passes the eye test as stupid as that sounds. His dribble moves, hesitations, court vision, passing and just the way he moves/plays you can tell with more seasoning he is going to be really good.

They are not consistent yet, but he moves and plays like a All Star.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s also like 20 and everything we just said about Garland 

I agree, Im just saying Im not taking him over Garland because of his defense when its just as bad as Garlands.

At least Garland has a excuse with his tiny size. Herro is just bad.

Edited by AkronsWitness

6 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hes also a horrible defender that was targeted by nearly every team the Heat played in the bubble playoffs

He’s a 2nd year player. 99% of players that young suck on defense for a few years. But he has the size to be able to guard his position. Something garland will never. 

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Herro has been great, but he’s also got a LOT more talent around him and asked to do a lot less.

This is true but he still has a ton of talent on his own. Miami doesn’t make that run last year without him. Plus PGs are a hell of a lot easier to find than wings. They’re a dime a dozen. 

1 minute ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

This is true but he still has a ton of talent on his own. Miami doesn’t make that run last year without him. Plus PGs are a hell of a lot easier to find than wings. They’re a dime a dozen. 

I think we just need to wait and see. We already have a Tyler Herro on our roster but his name is Dylan Windler. He just hasnt been healthy.

This whole roster hasnt been healthy or dealing with something. Last year is was the Covid season, this year we have had 60 different lineups with injuries. Love, Drummond, Nance, Allen, Windler all in/out of the lineup on a weekly basis.

I want to see what this team can do next year where everyone is a year older and with hopefully good health.