Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

On 5/20/2021 at 10:25 PM, cortes02 said:

I'm really hoping that at the very least the Cavaliers get a top 5 pick & are able to draft either Jalen Green or Jonathan Kuminga.  

I would also love to see the Cavaliers somehow get an extra pick in the 1st round to somehow draft Scottie Barnes.  I think he's being a bit underrated & can be a difference maker.

Peace!!!

I think Barnes is going to go top 8, and I don't see us getting a second top 10 pick unless we trade down, or move Sexton. Call me crazy, but I'd love to strike a deal with the Warriors. 

Warriors get Love+Nance+Hartenstein

Cavs get Wiggins+Looney+Paschall and the Warriors 1st round pick. 

2 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

My predictions

76ers sweep, Nets sweep, Bucks in 5, Hawks in 7

76ers sweep, Bucks in 7

76ers in 6

Jazz in 5, Lakers in 6, Clippers in 5, Nuggets in 5

Clippers in 6, Lakers in 6

Clippers in 6

76ers over Clips in 7

You’ve got the Nets losing to Milwaukee? Interesting.

I’ve felt Brooklyn was the NBA version of Kansas City. They’re just going to try and score as many points as possible.

On 5/21/2021 at 11:10 AM, AkronsWitness said:

Fair, he needs to be more hands off. However, how Altman handled 1) Drummond 2) KPJ and 3) Loves contract there is more than enough firable offenses there.

He has drafted well given the position they have been in and they made a great move with Allen. The problem lies in those other 3 areas where it REALLY set the team back years and years

drummond? who cares? did you really want the team scraping out a couple of more wins and ruin their lottery odds even more? 

KPJ was a knuckle head. all we are seeing is the tip of the iceburg with the issue he had that lead to the Cavs moving on from him. I bet you a lot more things happen that isnt being made aware to the fans. Again the Cavs got barely decent 2nd rd picks. why didnt a good team try and land him? Why didnt the Bucks, Jazz, Lakers, Suns, or any other top tier teams make a play for him? Houston is the one who took the gamble. 

Loves contract? to me that screams a dan gilbert move and not a Koby move. 

how did the drummond move set them back years and years? they traded expiring deals for him and hope they could flip him. it didnt work. Only way you were going to make with him was to take on an even worse contract. it was smart to just cut their loses with him. Wont even say KPJ sent them back years and years because I dont think you will be able to count on him long term. Love contract does but again, that wasnt Koby, that was dan

Random, but I think in basketball you kinda just want to shoot as many shots as humanly possible. I don’t think it make sense to slow down and “value possessions.” Just keep launching 3’s and screw what the % say.

It’s like baseball and teams valuing home runs over everything. Don’t care if strikeouts are absurdly high.

If we got Cade Cunningham, he’d instantly turn the franchise towards a positive direction. Put him at SF, and he’s another creator for the offense.

He’ll probably be stuck on the magic or something.

Edited by candyman93

I saw a really great breakdown of Garland, but it said he needs to stop shooting floaters because they are low percentage shots for him right now. They also said he can't get to the basket well because of his size. 

That's in direct contradiction, imo. The floaters aren't high percentage yet but it's a high value shot for him because of his size. Sexton gets tons of points on his little elbow jumpers. Garland can utilize the floater. That's a good shot. A tough one, but given his size, a good one. 

Cavs lost the coin-flip with OKC for the 4th spot. We have roughly 11% odds of each top 3 pick. Likely won't stay at 5. We are most likely to fall to 6 or 7 at this point. 

I've stopped counting on the draft. You literally never know. 

Makes me real interested in Kuminga, Barnes, Jalen Johnson, and Keon Johnson. 

If we fall to 8-9 I'm fine with Kispert.

Edited by carl_sjunior

2 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

Cavs lost the coin-flip with OKC for the 4th spot. We have roughly 11% odds of each top 3 pick. Likely won't stay at 5. We are most likely to fall to 6 or 7 at this point. 

I've stopped counting on the draft. You literally never know. 

Makes me real interested in Kuminga, Barnes, Jalen Johnson, and Keon Johnson. 

If we fall to 8-9 I'm fine with Kispert.

Of course I want the highest pick possible, but we have seen enough gems that have gone in the 8-20 range that I'm not gonna fret. Donovan Mitchell and Bam Adebayo went 13th and 14th in 2017. John Collins went 19th overall. The important thing is, if we can't be in position to draft the star player, we have to find a guy that fits and also has the upside. Jalen Johnson I think would fit this team extremely well. Corey Kispert I am really high on as well. Two very different players, but both would be great fits for us. 

A couple of things I want to say. First, As much as I dislike the Warriors, I also respect them and how they constructed the team (minus Green calling Durant from the parking garage). People hate playing them, They have arrogance, they play mad, but I like that, if I were a fan of that team, I'd love seeing guys do that. Thats why I love Collin Sexton and I don't want him going anywhere. I love that other teams can't stand him. I love that I see him get pissed off sometimes. I see some of that from Allen at times too. I see it from Okoro. I don't see any of that from the veterans. Cedi only plays like that when he's playing bad, and it didn't make him any better. Didn't see it from Love. I don't see it from Nance either. I think Nance is a great role player, and does play defense well, but I think on a rebuilding team like ours, we are better off finding a trade partner for him, than we are keeping him. 

Altman press conference on Friday was dismal at best.  He really does not have a clue on rebuilding process and does not understand the reality of an NBA team.  All the media to a person was bashing Altman for numerous mistakes that Altman believes were not his.  Ridiculous!  Irving trade, Love contract, Beurlein hire, Porter, Windler, Drummond and the list goes on.  Altman is delusional.  Every analysis states the common thread in all player/GM relationships is the fact every player dislikes and distrusts Altman.  Fire him now!

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck