Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

You need like prime 2012 Miami Heat or 2008 Boston Celtics to defend Brooklyn.

It’s just hard because they all 3 can shoot off the dribble. I’m not talking splash bros, but they can kill it at the FT line and midrange.

Those Golden State teams were the greatest 3 point shooting teams ever, but Klay and Steph are nowhere near the slashers that Harden and Kyrie are.

Edited by candyman93

18 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

You need like prime 2012 Miami Heat or 2008 Boston Celtics to defend Brooklyn.

It’s just hard because they all 3 can shoot off the dribble. I’m not talking splash bros, but they can kill it at the FT line and midrange.

Those Golden State teams were the greatest 3 point shooting teams ever, but Klay and Steph are nowhere near the slashers that Harden and Kyrie are.

Yeah they have 3 dudes who can do pretty much whatever they want offensively.

They get their shot up against anyone, anytime.

• Like 1

The only problem with Brooklyn is if 1 of the Big 3 gets hurt, it kinda all falls apart.

If Kyrie gets hurt, Harden gets doubled up top which drastically hurts his playmaking. It takes away their 2nd best shooter, so if KD struggles, they’re screwed.

If KD gets hurt, it kills Brooklyn’s spacing. KD can play outside and inside. So you have a low post offense, but it doesn’t hurt Harden or Kyrie. He’s also usually their best defender.

If Harden gets hurt, that just nukes the offense. He is their best playmaker and floor general. KD can create offensively, but he turns it over when he has to do that. Kyrie doesn’t really want to run an offense. He tried in Boston and it was ugly.

On 6/4/2021 at 11:00 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

hed be an instant upgrade over JBB

I thought so too, but my only concern is that Stotts has no idea how to coach defense. Hes a good offensive coach but man his inability to get anything out of the Blazers defensively is worrisome and the Cavs defense is horrible.

I would actually lean bringing back JB for one more year and give him another chance. The players seem to like him and he has been given a crappy hand with a Covid year + injuries galore last season.

24 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

The only way that works is if Portland was dumb enough to take Kevin Love in return so salaries some what match up plus probably Colin Sexton. 

Peace!!!

Isnt love an expiring? Might not be a bad deal for them if they got Sexton back. 

1 hour ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Isnt love an expiring? Might not be a bad deal for them if they got Sexton back. 

No.

Dumbest deal the team ever has made with the possible exception of signing Danny Ferry for 10 years, iirc.

14 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Hes not but there has been some speculation that the only way the Cavs can move Love is by attaching a young asset like Sexton. They dont want Love, I know they are probably on the fence about Sexton longterm.

If you can package those 2 together to get a player that actually fits this team construction better to play along with Garland, Okoro and Allen then you have to do it.

If Im the Cavs, I put those 2 on the trade block as a package deal--send a league-wide email and see what offers you get back.

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

Hes not but there has been some speculation that the only way the Cavs can move Love is by attaching a young asset like Sexton. They dont want Love, I know they are probably on the fence about Sexton longterm.

If you can package those 2 together to get a player that actually fits this team construction better to play along with Garland, Okoro and Allen then you have to do it.

If Im the Cavs, I put those 2 on the trade block as a package deal--send a league-wide email and see what offers you get back.

Yeah, the only way to move Love at this point is to attach a major asset, or take back someone else's garbage contract in the deal.

2 hours ago, FGK said:

Yeah, the only way to move Love at this point is to attach a major asset, or take back someone else's garbage contract in the deal.

Yup, it might be addition by subtraction at this point. Interesting article/blog post

https://www.inquisitr.com/6491568/proposed-blockbuster-would-send-cj-mccollum-to-cavaliers-for-col

So the Blazers roll forward with Lillard/Sexton/Nurkic/Melo/Love and the Cavs have Garland/McCollum/Okoro/Allen

Shoot, sign Terry Stotts after that and we will be in the 4th seed in the East for the next 6 years.

Edited by AkronsWitness

I know this trade would be a longshot as well but maybe the Cavaliers could trade Love + Sexton for Kristaps Porzingis of the Dallas Mavericks. Porzingis has been injury prone as well & hasn't lived up to his New York Knick days but perhaps Dallas is starting to get tired of him.  He hasn't been the Robin to Luca's Batman like they hoped so perhaps they feel Sexton can help with the scoring load & they could somehow get a more motivated Love.  For the Cavaliers, they get Porzingis who is 7 years younger then Love & if he were to get back to his Knicks playing days would be an amazing compliment to Jarrett Allen who would be the primary inside scorer and Garland who wouldn't have to carry the team in any way.  Just a thought.

Peace!!!

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck