Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

The Olympic team is going to be hilariously bad.

Tatum headlines that group, along with Damian Lillard of the Portland Trail Blazers, Bradley Beal and Russell Westbrook of the Washington Wizards, and Jimmy Butler and Bam Adebayo of the Miami Heat. They join a pool that already included Stephen Curry of the Warriors, Zion Williamson of the Pelicans and Zach LaVine of the Bulls, among others.

Steph and Dame could carry that team though. Steph should play IMO, it’d be his first time ever. Devin Booker would kill it too if he wants to play.

Edited by candyman93

12 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Steph and Dame could carry that team though. Steph should play IMO, it’d be his first time ever. Devin Booker would kill it too if he wants to play.

I dunno man those players are legit. 

Curry/Dame/Butler/Zion/Bam is a ridiculous starting 5 with good guys off the bench. I'd expect that team to easily run the table

Our guards/forwards are looking amazing. If Bam and ZIon dont play the bigs can get real bad real fast especially if it means Plumlee and Drummond are the guys. 

3 hours ago, cortes02 said:

I know this trade would be a longshot as well but maybe the Cavaliers could trade Love + Sexton for Kristaps Porzingis of the Dallas Mavericks. Porzingis has been injury prone as well & hasn't lived up to his New York Knick days but perhaps Dallas is starting to get tired of him.  He hasn't been the Robin to Luca's Batman like they hoped so perhaps they feel Sexton can help with the scoring load & they could somehow get a more motivated Love.  For the Cavaliers, they get Porzingis who is 7 years younger then Love & if he were to get back to his Knicks playing days would be an amazing compliment to Jarrett Allen who would be the primary inside scorer and Garland who wouldn't have to carry the team in any way.  Just a thought.

Peace!!!

Porzingis is more injury prone, with a worse attitude and bigger contract than Kevin Love (plus he has rape allegations). 

Love is temperamental and is a bad influence and isn't worth his deal but we are getting that and worse with KP. KP thinks he's an all-star and is an ******* who plays with minimal effort. I get not wanting to play with Luka who gets 100% of the credit and 0% of the blame in a system that only plays to Luka's strengths, but he's going to hate it here too. 

I'd do a Love for Brunson + KP trade I think. We take on a years salary and a decent backup asset in exchange for earlier cap room to allow the Mavs to get a T1 FA to pair with Luka. Maybe KP returns to form and it ends up being a win win.

Under no circumstances do you toss in a valuable asset like Sexton for KP. KP has the worst contract in the NBA.  

10 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

He is impossible to guard because he can literally pull up wherever and shoot over anybody. Because of his length, he is always open.

He’s passing Lebron now for best in the world. You could maybe argue Kawhi being at KDs level.

This reminds me of 2016 Cavs Warriors series

Bucks can still win this just like the Cavs did but they are heavy underdogs. If the Nets make their shots they are unbeatable just like the Warriors were, so you have to close out and hope they don’t play to their potential or it’s over. 

Bucks have to

-dominate inside

-win on the glass

-capitalize on turnovers

-not give up and win on effort

-Hope the Nets don’t have 2 more games like this one because this is a loss 100/100 times if Nets shoot this way

Cavs in 2016 were more overmatched yet came out ahead, they can’t quit. Nets are mentally weak and front runners so you have to punch em back and win on toughness. It looks grim but this is winnable. 

The main problems with the Bucks are Coach Bud has been slow to adapt from his system unlike Lue who made unique changes every game, and that Giannis is nowhere near LeBron. I don’t like how shook they seem 

7 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

I don’t like how shook they seem 

I compared the Nets to the Chiefs for this reason.

Teams get spooked seeing the talent / speed both teams have. However, like both teams, you have to keep your cool and smack the **** out of them.

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

They’ll still win the gold. Most other Olympic teams are filled with fringe role players and occasional starters. Luka is the only elite one but he’s just one guy. 

2 hours ago, roger murdock said:

This reminds me of 2016 Cavs Warriors series

Bucks can still win this just like the Cavs did but they are heavy underdogs. If the Nets make their shots they are unbeatable just like the Warriors were, so you have to close out and hope they don’t play to their potential or it’s over. 

Bucks have to

-dominate inside

-win on the glass

-capitalize on turnovers

-not give up and win on effort

-Hope the Nets don’t have 2 more games like this one because this is a loss 100/100 times if Nets shoot this way

Cavs in 2016 were more overmatched yet came out ahead, they can’t quit. Nets are mentally weak and front runners so you have to punch em back and win on toughness. It looks grim but this is winnable. 

The main problems with the Bucks are Coach Bud has been slow to adapt from his system unlike Lue who made unique changes every game, and that Giannis is nowhere near LeBron. I don’t like how shook they seem 

Bucks are done. They’re the same regular season studs they are every year. Giannis hasn’t improved at all. At least lebron could shoot on the 2016 cavs and kyrie was cold blooded. Jru isn’t kyrie. Middleton is playing like a scrub. And bud has never been able to adjust. 

15 hours ago, candyman93 said:

He’s passing Lebron now for best in the world. You could maybe argue Kawhi being at KDs level.

Meh, I think Kawhi is a rung below the other two. He just dissappears to often in playoff seeries. 

I def. agree though that KD has probably surpassed LeBron as the best in the game. LeBron's injuries and age are finally starting to affect his play. Im not overly confident he can dominate a entire series anymore like he could a few years ago.

Clippers are the only team capable of beating Brooklyn. Kawhi can go head to head with KD.

PG can match Kyrie. The wildcard is Harden, but the Clippers have better role players. I honestly think Lue is better than Nash because he’s actually willing to try crazy ish in a series.