Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He could be valuable mobleys first year or 2 but eventually Mobley will have to start at C and it’s not gonna be easy putting a 100M player on the bench. 

If Mobley can develop range, he works as a PF. He’s too skinny to play center right now anyways.

Right now, use his athleticism and speed as a PF.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

If Mobley can develop range, he works as a PF. He’s too skinny to play center right now anyways.

Right now, use his athleticism and speed as a PF.

exactly and use allen to protect him from being matched up with the bigger guys

• Like 1

Yeah, I like the Mobley/Allen fit in years 2+. It might be rough this year as Mobley develops his shot. But eventually? That's a terrifying defensive group of bigs. And Mobley can switch and be effective on just about anybody. The size and rebounding advantage will be huge and help offset our current lack of size at the guard spots.

7 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

He could be valuable mobleys first year or 2 but eventually Mobley will have to start at C and it’s not gonna be easy putting a 100M player on the bench. 

I'm not sure about that, Mobley is going to have to add about 40+ lbs before he can play center and bang with guys like Embiid, Jokic, Nurkic, Gobert, ect. I truly believe he is a PF who has the capability to play C down the road in spots when Allen goes to the bench. Okoro currently outweighs him and Mobley would get abused is he was asked to post up with NBA Centers right now.

His game is also perimeter focused. I read that he was actually a wing player in highschool before hitting his growth spurt which is why he does have really good touch, mobility and passing ability for a big man.

I don't think just because he's 7ft he's automatically a Center. He's a PF with more of a perimeter players skill set much like Anthony Davis. As long as he can stretch it to the 3pt line he will have the PF job on lockdown for a long time.

Edited by AkronsWitness

On 7/30/2021 at 10:30 PM, nugpimpen said:

Serious question, why can't we just waive K Love? Dude is a stain on this franchise. 

We will wait until the deadline and buy him out once his cap number is less.

He's currently owed 60m. By the deadline that will be down to 45m. We could then negotiate a buyout for half that like Blake Griffin did at 25m and stretch it over 5 years so he will be on the books for only 5m per season for the next 5 years.

9 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We need a 6’8 scoring SF in the draft next year and this team is set with starters.

Garland

Okoro

?????

Mobley

Allen

We will be MUCH better defensively going forward.

Yep that’s pretty much the last piece we’re missing. We have cedi and windler but cedi sucks and windler has never been healthy. I’m sure we’ll use Sexton as a trade piece to try and get someone there. 

14 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We need a 6’8 scoring SF in the draft next year and this team is set with starters.

Garland

Okoro

?????

Mobley

Allen

We will be MUCH better defensively going forward.

Wording the street is that Okoro grew and is now listed at 6'6"--more of a SF now.

20 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Wording the street is that Okoro grew and is now listed at 6'6"--more of a SF now.

Its more likely they measured him in shoes for the summer league roster measurements

But god I hope its true. Like that DG potentially having grown some rumor as well.  

It would be so amazing for this team if Windley had a breakout season. It would solve basically everything we are looking for. 

Like if he could score 8 points off the bench on 40% from 3 and play some defense? Thats all we need. We know hes a pretty solid passer and rebounder for a wing. 

I'm not counting on it given his health and setbacks hes had. But its possible and it would make our lives a million times easier. 

• Like 1

Mobley getting stronger will be a long-term project. 

He looked great last night, they clearly just wanted him to go try to find a rhythm. The biggest thing for him right now is going to be gelling with his teammates, having the mindset to stay assertive, and quicken the release on his shot. He's launching it right now. 

• Like 1