Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

Summer league is such a **** show, especially for bigs who rely on guards getting them the ball in the right spots. 

His defense, mobility, and some of the flashes were really nice. His body and strength are definitely a work in process. 

I really wish we had the chance to get Jalen Green. Detroit screwed up hard passing on him and Houston did the right thing. Green will be an all NBA player by his third year and an all time great scorer. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, carl_sjunior said:

Mobley getting stronger will be a long-term project. 

He looked great last night, they clearly just wanted him to go try to find a rhythm. The biggest thing for him right now is going to be gelling with his teammates, having the mindset to stay assertive, and quicken the release on his shot. He's launching it right now. 

It’s amazing to me that some a holes are calling him a bust already. Based on what?  A damn summer league game. 🤔

Im taking the Cavs at their word. They don’t want to win they just want to develop. Young man don’t have his competitive legs yet. He hasn’t played competitive ball since March madness. And it showed. Oh and those danged guards he played with. Holy ****. Summer league is for the guards for sure. Which is sad because ours are garbage. 

I’m a Mobley man 😎

3 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

It’s amazing to me that some a holes are calling him a bust already. Based on what?  A damn summer league game. 🤔

Im taking the Cavs at their word. They don’t want to win they just want to develop. Young man don’t have his competitive legs yet. He hasn’t played competitive ball since March madness. And it showed. Oh and those danged guards he played with. Holy ****. Summer league is for the guards for sure. Which is sad because ours are garbage. 

I’m a Mobley man 😎

yeah I'm with you. he has some coachable moments from that first game, but as he gets stronger and he learns how to play within his body, he has a chance to be really special. outside of him, Okoro and Stevens, our Summer League team is trash. I wish Windler was playing, I need to see something from him this year. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

yeah I'm with you. he has some coachable moments from that first game, but as he gets stronger and he learns how to play within his body, he has a chance to be really special. outside of him, Okoro and Stevens, our Summer League team is trash. I wish Windler was playing, I need to see something from him this year. 

Yeah I wish Windler could stay healthy. I was mildly impressed with his defense. I think he could be a serviceable wing. 

36 minutes ago, carl_sjunior said:

Windler is frustrating because I can envision how he fits if he figures it out, and he is just a dude with a great feel for the game and has this reputation as a shooter, but between all his injuries and then just not getting the reps, he has been bad. 

Ill never give up on him. IDK why but maybe giving up on Danny Green and Joe Harris scarred me. I have this thing in my head that Windler will become a Duncan Robinson/Doug McDermott type of player if he can just stay freaking healthy.

Like he is a good core player for this team hiding in plain sight.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Ill never give up on him. IDK why but maybe giving up on Danny Green and Joe Harris scarred me. I have this thing in my head that Windler will become a Duncan Robinson/Doug McDermott type of player if he can just stay freaking healthy.

Like he is a good core player for this team hiding in plain sight.

he has seemed way more athletic than I thought when he is on the floor. definitely a high energy guy. I am hoping he puts it all together and can find a way to stay healthy. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

he has seemed way more athletic than I thought when he is on the floor. definitely a high energy guy. I am hoping he puts it all together and can find a way to stay healthy. 

Agreed, my main reason for hope is thinking that a player that was THAT good at shooting in college doesnt just randomly become a bad shooter. I think he just needs to get his confidence back and health

19 hours ago, roger murdock said:

I really wish we had the chance to get Jalen Green. Detroit screwed up hard passing on him and Houston did the right thing. Green will be an all NBA player by his third year and an all time great scorer. 

100%. I'm still really hopeful about Mobley and his fit with our current team comp. And what I'm about to say is no knock on him whatsoever. Heck, it's not even a knock on Cunningham (though I'm more worried about him than Mobley for sure). 

I think Green is a superstar by year 3. Like, I think he's a scoring champ candidate by the end of his rookie deal. Some of the stuff he does is so advanced for his age. His athleticism is insane. And every story you hear about the guys is like, "He promised to sell me his kidney if I'd teach him the ins and outs of my NBA level stepbacks." He will do whatever it takes to get better. Mamba mentality to the max. He's going to be incredible.

23 hours ago, bruceb said:

Think some of that is that he showed well while Green showed spectacularly.

Alot of that has to do with Green playing already in the G-League for a year and Mobley playing in college. Green should be more up to speed against these guys because this is the same level of talent he faced last year already.

8 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

So you're saying that anyone placing a wager on the Cavs in the near future should take the under.

If the Cavs were the lowest scoring team in the league last year at 103 PPG. I dont think that changes too much, but they will be better defensively.

EDIT: Sorry the Cavs were #30th in PPG, #30th in 3PT attempts and #30th in 3PT%.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1