Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Guys who can stretch the floor and add shooting are always fits. 7ft who avg 6-three point shots a game and hit them at a 40% clip is pretty solid. 

he adds spacing that should greatly help everyone. Having a shooter should help Collin, Allen, and Mobley. He can bring some pick and pop game for Garland and Sexton to play off of. 

24yr old 7fter who can hit from deep at a good clip is always a good thing IMO

Perhaps, but at this point I’m starting to wonder if the FO is aware SF is an actual position.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Can Laurie guard at all? Like even a little

if so I’m gonna talk myself into being cool with this.

if he ends up just being a taller, thinner Love, the only positive I can hope for is being less of a fragile individual than Love.

From everything I've read:

No.

And to your 2nd point:

eeeehhhhhhhhhhh well he's younger.

15 hours ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Can Laurie guard at all? Like even a little

if so I’m gonna talk myself into being cool with this.

Adv stats show defensively he is about as good as Nance was the past 2-3 seasons. Nance was once a stud defender but the past couple years with injuries and what not, he hasnt been nearly as good. 

also you look at his time with the Bulls, his first two seasons the center on the team was Robin López who was past his prime. Then it was Wendal Carter. An undersize center. Really want to see what he can do playing along side Allen who is a very good defensive center or Mobley. You match him up with Allen and he has someone who he can funnel into and get help from. When he is playing with Mobley, he can be matched up with the worst big and allow Mobley to play match up. Defensively the Cavs might be able to do more with Lauri than what the bulls were able to do. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, FGK said:

Yeah, it might just be asset acquisition. I like Markannen a lot as a distressed asset. Looked like a potential star player his first couple years and has really lacked a role and not developed the last two years. It could be that they just decided they think they can get more for Markannen long term than Nance.

I agree with this. I haven’t watched much of him so I can’t offer an edified opinion. So I’m in wait and see mode with the trade. 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck