Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

48 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

If we could start from scratch I’d love to have Ben. But he doesn’t fit at all as currently constructed. He Allen and Mobley don’t fit. 

If Mobley becomes what I think he can be (Chris Bosh in Miami) he’d be an amazing fit with Ben. However, you’re right for the most part.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, candyman93 said:

If Mobley becomes what I think he can be (Chris Bosh in Miami) he’d be an amazing fit with Ben. However, you’re right for the most part.

Yeah, I actually think they've been moving toward this EXCEPT for the Allen extension. But multiple people have reported that they think they can move him later (I think they might be making the same mistake as with Love there, sign a giant extension assuming he'll be tradable). Markannen and Mobley are actually very much so what you would want offensively next to a Simmons type guy.

2 minutes ago, FGK said:

Yeah, I actually think they've been moving toward this EXCEPT for the Allen extension. But multiple people have reported that they think they can move him later (I think they might be making the same mistake as with Love there, sign a giant extension assuming he'll be tradable). Markannen and Mobley are actually very much so what you would want offensively next to a Simmons type guy.

Good point--but to what you said, it makes the Allen signing even more puzzling.

Simmons/Lauri/Mobley is a fine trio SF-PF-C that is incredibly versatile but Im still not sure either Mobley/Lauri can play C. Im sure they can in small ball lineups but its not ideal.

I am extremely interested in seeing what the Cavs offer is for Simmons and hopefully it can also lead to us getting more shooting.

Garland/Okoro/Simmons/Mobley/Allen might set a NBA record for least amount of 3s taken and made in a single season

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 2

On 9/21/2021 at 7:30 PM, sdrawkcab321 said:

If we could start from scratch I’d love to have Ben. But he doesn’t fit at all as currently constructed. He Allen and Mobley don’t fit. 

Well yeah he doesn’t fit because he’s garbage at shooting, and the kinda important fact that he doesn’t give a **** if he does. He has loads of talent but doesn’t have the requisite desire to get better. No thanks he can sit at home and watch reruns of teletubbies. 

Cavs start the season this week with several unanswered issues:  Kevin Love, small forward, Ben Simmons trade, Altman status as GM, and other minor issues.  For me, Altman just is not the right GM and Gilbert must really like him to keep him around.  Team chemistry is huge in today’s NBA and he has failed every year.  This year remains to be seen.  Kevin Love contract was signed off by Altman and this decision has hindered the team significantly.  Who is going to play SF?  Does Simmons fit the brand of Cavs and do they have a brand,identity, or winning team product.  They are in a continuous rebuilding mode and do not have the right pieces except Allen, Mobley, and Garland.  Whatever happened to the two way player concept?  What do you think?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck