Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Idk what the long term picture of this team is going to be but right now this team is fun to watch. Allen is dominating, Ricky is the PG we need, Mobley looks like the ROTY and several future DPOY awards. Lauri has looked solid as hell and his 3pt shot has even been falling, when that does, watch out. Really surprised by love so far. 22pts in20mins last night was wonderful to see

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Idk what the long term picture of this team is going to be but right now this team is fun to watch. Allen is dominating, Ricky is the PG we need, Mobley looks like the ROTY and several future DPOY awards. Lauri has looked solid as hell and his 3pt shot has even been falling, when that does, watch out. Really surprised by love so far. 22pts in20mins last night was wonderful to see

Lauri's defensive effort is one of the most surprising things for me thus far this season. The guy is putting in work, and he is making an impact. Same thing with Love. IDK if you watched the game last night, but my God, there was one play where Love was in front of Aaron Gordon, who absolutely leveled him with a shoulder, and of course the ref swallowed the whistle, but Love was exactly where he needed to be, and he took the hit and did exactly what he is supposed to do. I think it says a lot that we haven't really shot the ball well outside of game #1, and we are competing and winning games. We just beat two playoff teams with defense. The Cleveland Cavs did that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Mobley is an exceptional rebounder for a skinny frame. He’s going to be a stud.

In the end of it all, we got damn lucky that Mobley fell to us! Green has looked good but Mobley is having a huge impact so far. 
green has look good offensively but so had Mobley but Mobley had been the defensive stud. Who knows when Cade will debut

looking at this next draft. I wonder who would be the best fit, prolly a wing but curious on who

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

In the end of it all, we got damn lucky that Mobley fell to us! Green has looked good but Mobley is having a huge impact so far. 
green has look good offensively but so had Mobley but Mobley had been the defensive stud. Who knows when Cade will debut

looking at this next draft. I wonder who would be the best fit, prolly a wing but curious on who

Yeah, wing for sure but I haven't started researching to figure out who that's gonna be. Will obviously depend on our draft position in the end.

2 hours ago, buno67 said:

Jaden Ivey of Purdue. Two way SG and he’s going to be a monster.

Long term roster Outlook - 

Locks (they're here for the next few years unless something weird happens) - Jarrett Allen, Evan Mobley, Darius Garland

Here unless they need to be moved in a key deal - Colin Sexton, Lauri Markannen, Isaac Okoro

Gone Soon or a 1 year stop - Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio, Cedi Osman

IMO, no one else matters enough to be part of the long term conversation.

So that means that in our 6 most important players, we have one pure center, two PF's with size who can stretch, two small PG's, and a SG. IMO, our #1 priority this off season, in the draft/trade/FA is finding a true SF. That changes the look of the roster completely.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FGK said:

Long term roster Outlook - 

Locks (they're here for the next few years unless something weird happens) - Jarrett Allen, Evan Mobley, Darius Garland

Here unless they need to be moved in a key deal - Colin Sexton, Lauri Markannen, Isaac Okoro

Gone Soon or a 1 year stop - Kevin Love, Ricky Rubio, Cedi Osman

IMO, no one else matters enough to be part of the long term conversation.

So that means that in our 6 most important players, we have one pure center, two PF's with size who can stretch, two small PG's, and a SG. IMO, our #1 priority this off season, in the draft/trade/FA is finding a true SF. That changes the look of the roster completely.

The FA list this year for SF is brutal by the looks of things.

Trade or Draft will have to be the route

• Like 1

Last night was a pretty good game and we beat another playoff team. 1st half was fun and thought we were going to blow it in the 4th. Went to bed after the 3rd ans the clippers were making a run.

Sexton had a very nice transition dunk. Lauri did a pretty good job defending George. Feel like his size hurt his shooting as PG was only able to do anything at the rim. Allen felt like he had a bigger game but he didn’t contribute anything scoring wise.

Liking the combo of Sexton Garland and Ricky

Goal for Mobley this year... make an all defense team. No rookie has ever made first team, 5 have made second. 

Stretch goal: win DPOY

He's probably been the most impactful defender in the NBA through 5 games leading the league in contested shots by a huge margin (over 30% of shots when hes on the floor, which is just stupid)

I wonder how his defensive impact will change as teams get more tape. Right now he's been iso'd vs guards maybe 10-15 times and hes won almost everytime. I think teams will just pass out of it soon. 

• Like 2

Hopefully you guys see why I would have taken Mobley numeral uno. Dudes feet are unreal. His IQ is superior and coupled with his athletic prowess he’s rarely out of position. 

Ok now real talk. I mentioned the big thing I loved about him is his court vision. Watching him in college the very big thing I loved about him is his ability to make the proper pass. Very happy that has translated to the bigs. 

Get on the bandwagon now ye charlatans. Get me just one more lottery pick, hopefully a wing 🙏🏼 and we may be on the playoff grind. 

On 10/31/2021 at 7:01 PM, Bonanza23 said:

Hopefully you guys see why I would have taken Mobley numeral uno. Dudes feet are unreal. His IQ is superior and coupled with his athletic prowess he’s rarely out of position. 

Ok now real talk. I mentioned the big thing I loved about him is his court vision. Watching him in college the very big thing I loved about him is his ability to make the proper pass. Very happy that has translated to the bigs. 

Get on the bandwagon now ye charlatans. Get me just one more lottery pick, hopefully a wing 🙏🏼 and we may be on the playoff grind. 

Honestly, unless we move some of the vets (Cedi, Rubio, Love, etc.) soon, I think we're in that #9/10 seed competition this year. We're just weirdly enough built as a team to be a freaky regular season matchup. I could definitely see us winning like 38-43 games and being in the hunt for the play in tournament.

2 minutes ago, FGK said:

Honestly, unless we move some of the vets (Cedi, Rubio, Love, etc.) soon, I think we're in that #9/10 seed competition this year. We're just weirdly enough built as a team to be a freaky regular season matchup. I could definitely see us winning like 38-43 games and being in the hunt for the play in tournament.

It’s because everybody is playing small ball.

Then the Cavs heard @AkronsWitness and decided to play 3 7 footers.

Edited by candyman93

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck