Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

3 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Hi guys do you think cavs are good enough to stay in the hunt without Mobley for the next month?

Depends on the health of the team as a whole. If Sexton, Markannen, and Allen were all healthy? We could maybe hang just under .500 and have a shot to make a run once he is back. With all three AND Mobley out? I don't know. I mean, we started Ed Davis, Dean Wade, and Isaac Okoro last night. And two point guards, which is viable when they have Allen/Mobley behind them. Not so much with Wade/Davis. That's just not a viable starting line up in a conference with as much parity as the east this year (13/15 teams trying for the playoffs).

12 minutes ago, FGK said:

Depends on the health of the team as a whole. If Sexton, Markannen, and Allen were all healthy? We could maybe hang just under .500 and have a shot to make a run once he is back. With all three AND Mobley out? I don't know. I mean, we started Ed Davis, Dean Wade, and Isaac Okoro last night. And two point guards, which is viable when they have Allen/Mobley behind them. Not so much with Wade/Davis. That's just not a viable starting line up in a conference with as much parity as the east this year (13/15 teams trying for the playoffs).

So maybe 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Ugh

That 4th quarter kinda exposed why we need a go to scorer. If we had a guy who could get timely buckets, we win that game.

The 4th quarter just kinda exposed the current issues with the roster, not the need of a go to scorer. Cavs basically played with a 7man rotation.  Cavs were just gassed last night. Also showed an issue with all the BS no calls GSW still get

• Like 1

On 11/19/2021 at 11:42 PM, buno67 said:

The 4th quarter just kinda exposed the current issues with the roster, not the need of a go to scorer. Cavs basically played with a 7man rotation.  Cavs were just gassed last night. Also showed an issue with all the BS no calls GSW still get

True. In just 3 plays, a clear Draymond hold was missed that led to a Curry 3, Rubio missed a layup, and then Steph had his 4 step clear travel that wasnt called that led to another 3. 8 point difference there took all the momentum. 

Also, I am retracting my statement from last week. I am fully ready to trade Okoro. He still can't shoot, He still plays out of control at times, and even though he draws fouls, he isn't good from the line. I am really regretting us taking him when we did. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

True. In just 3 plays, a clear Draymond hold was missed that led to a Curry 3, Rubio missed a layup, and then Steph had his 4 step clear travel that wasnt called that led to another 3. 8 point difference there took all the momentum. 

Also, I am retracting my statement from last week. I am fully ready to trade Okoro. He still can't shoot, He still plays out of control at times, and even though he draws fouls, he isn't good from the line. I am really regretting us taking him when we did. 

I was hoping that we could package Sexton with another player or two to get a legit SG or SF but it ain’t going to happen. 

5 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I am fully ready to trade Okoro. He still can't shoot, He still plays out of control at times, and even though he draws fouls, he isn't good from the line. I am really regretting us taking him when we did. 

Yep. He could always turn it around. But it feels like that pick should've been Avdija like a lot of us said at the time. (Skilled, pass first true SF with 3/D potential.)

9 hours ago, H2ThaIzzo said:

I'm not ready to trade him because I don't think he has a ton of value, but the starting 2 guard expectation needs to be tempered until further notice.  He's a nice bench player right now with upside.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck