Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

This team is so fun. They are the anti Browns. Everyone is humble, hardworking, and loves playing together. 

its nice seeing Cedi step up and Love back in form. 

I'm a huge beleiver in Garland. I had stock in him early and I'm diamond handsing it. He's gonna be an all nba player in his prime. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, roger murdock said:

I'm a huge beleiver in Garland. I had stock in him early and I'm diamond handsing it. He's gonna be an all nba player in his prime. 

He has looked so good this year. Efficient scorer, great range, loves to distribute the ball. He's the perfect modern PG to play with a couple excellent bigs and a high volume scorer on the wing. Because while he CAN go off for 25-30, I really think he looks his best when he's getting 18-20 and 8+ assists. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FGK said:

He has looked so good this year. Efficient scorer, great range, loves to distribute the ball. He's the perfect modern PG to play with a couple excellent bigs and a high volume scorer on the wing. Because while he CAN go off for 25-30, I really think he looks his best when he's getting 18-20 and 8+ assists. 

Yeah I’ve been one of Garland’s biggest honks in here for sure. He’s still young and inexperienced and has room to grow. I’m with you in that I don’t care too much about points with him, I’d rather him keep the flow of the game going and get the buckets when appropriate. Which is the path he’s on. 

Btw not just for you, what do we think about JBB?  I’ve noticed a few times in game that it looks like we’ll lose it he calls a timeout gets them adjusted and we go on and win. Also he’s making others adjust to our triple tower lineup. Screw the wing and small ball lineups. You counter our bigs or we’ll keep it going. 

Holy crap boys I’m loving these guys. The most unselfish team we’ve had since the Daugherty Nance Price Et all days. These cats just out hear ballin. And genuinely having a time. 

Damnit, my sweet sweet lotto pick…😥

• Like 2

On 12/1/2021 at 1:52 PM, FGK said:

I watch the Cavs. But I don't think I'm allowed to say how.

Anywho. When healthy, the team is super fun to watch this year. I think the big questions coming up are...

Do we trade off the vets? Rubio and (super suprisingly) Love both seem to be playing at a level where we could get an asset (Rubio) or just get off the contract (Love). Do we do this, or do we pursue the 8-10 seed and hope that some playoff experience is good for the young core?

How do we get the one piece we are missing to make us a legit threat in the playoffs? I think we all look at this roster and see that with a star level 2/3 we could be a legit contender, or at least a deep playoff team. So how do we get one?

What to do with the young pieces whose fit is a question mark? Sexton's upside is a high volume, efficient scorer. But his defense, while high effort, is capped by his athleticism and height. Is he our scoring 6th man? Or is he a trade piece toward something else? What about Okoro? He's young and I think he could keep getting better. But he's currently not much of a shooter. Is he a trade piece or someone you hope grows into more of a two way player?

FBI agent Burke has entered the chat. 

40 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Yeah I’ve been one of Garland’s biggest honks in here for sure. He’s still young and inexperienced and has room to grow. I’m with you in that I don’t care too much about points with him, I’d rather him keep the flow of the game going and get the buckets when appropriate. Which is the path he’s on. 

Btw not just for you, what do we think about JBB?  I’ve noticed a few times in game that it looks like we’ll lose it he calls a timeout gets them adjusted and we go on and win. Also he’s making others adjust to our triple tower lineup. Screw the wing and small ball lineups. You counter our bigs or we’ll keep it going. 

Holy crap boys I’m loving these guys. The most unselfish team we’ve had since the Daugherty Nance Price Et all days. These cats just out hear ballin. And genuinely having a time. 

Damnit, my sweet sweet lotto pick…😥

Your enthusiasm is uplifting!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Bonanza23 said:

Just a passive nostalgic rant, could you imagine the championships we’d get if we had Garland Allen and Markkanen back in the Lebron draft days?  

Yeah I know I’m a dumb dumb, but that is a damned championship team multiple times. 

I always thought we were one shot blocking big away. You seen it that 1 year with moz until he got hurt. That’s when we went on a run and he cleaned up so much of the terrible defense. You put Allen who can do even more than just block shots on those cavs teams I think we win at least 1 more. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I always thought we were one shot blocking big away. You seen it that 1 year with moz until he got hurt. That’s when we went on a run and he cleaned up so much of the terrible defense. You put Allen who can do even more than just block shots on those cavs teams I think we win at least 1 more. 

Agreed, amazing what a bit of defense can do. Allen and Lebron would have fed off each other. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, bruceb said:

Think we should be buyers, not sellers.

Sure but what do we have to offer? No one wants love. I don’t think we’ll get that much off Sextons RFA rights. We can’t afford to trade cedi he’s our only wing. Rubio has basically changed the entire culture of the team. We have picks but do we really want to trade them when we’re developing a young new team? I guess we could for the right player if they match our core age.