Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Was coming in to say that I think I underestimated just how young our core is. Was thinking Allen was like 25 and Markannen 27.

Jarret Allen - 23, Lauri Markannen - 24, Garland - 21, Okoro - 20, Mobley - 20

But even there, our depth is stupid young too (Love/Rubio excepted).

Windler - 25, Cedi - 26, Sexton 23, Stevens - 24, Wade - 24

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, malibuspeedrace said:

Would you all shoot your shot on a Bradley Beal trade?

or is it more of a need a SF or distributor only

Depends on what they want. But his style kind of clashes with garland and we’d be back in the same situation we were with Garland and Sexton with 2 ball dominate small guards on the floor at the same time. 

• Like 1

Okoro is a tough man, his energy tonight was unreal. 

Love +11

I truly think Garland is an all NBA talent, perhaps as soon as next season. 

We are 1.5 games behind the #1 seed (Chicago). I straight up think we are better than them. Nets and Bucks are right there but have injuries. I think we have a legit chance, maybe 20-25% at getting the #1 seed. We have the weakest remaining schedule in the NBA. 

11 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

Okoro is a tough man, his energy tonight was unreal. 

Love +11

I truly think Garland is an all NBA talent, perhaps as soon as next season. 

We are 1.5 games behind the #1 seed (Chicago). I straight up think we are better than them. Nets and Bucks are right there but have injuries. I think we have a legit chance, maybe 20-25% at getting the #1 seed. We have the weakest remaining schedule in the NBA. 

I’m kinda worried about Miami. They seem like a team that refs would swallow their whistles for to give them a level playing field against our bigs.

11 hours ago, brownie man said:

What if we put all our trade assets in one deal

lets say 

2022 first rounder 

Collin 

Rubio

and Love I guess if necessary 

what could that get us lol

Why would you do this and destroy our bench, which should be even better next year with Sexton?

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Why would you do this and destroy our bench, which should be even better next year with Sexton?

That’s IF Sexton will accept a bench role and IF JBB will put him on the bench. I don’t think it’s any coincidence at all this time and garland started taking off once he went out and garland because the lead guard. They just don’t mesh well together. Sexton doesn’t want to pass and they’re too much of a defensive liability with their size. Sexton supposedly wants 100M and we offered it to him over 5 years. He wanted 4. So would we put a 100M man on the bench? We did that with love but only after everyone realized he was well past his prime. 

2 hours ago, bruceb said:

I'm not saying I would do anything. I'm just trying to look at our assets and get an idea of a trade that could happen. 

I'm fine rolling with what we got for sure. 

Loved what I saw today. We play as a team. They have this synergy thats special. They play for each other. We've got a great mix of vets and youth. The future is so bright. I'm not really tripping on a trade, but to a certain extent if we're not going to keep Collin we should get something for him. 

I'd rather keep him coming off the bench, but if he wants more shine which is understandable there is not point not getting anything for him. Only option wed have later is a potential sign and trade, but no one is going to want to pay him that much where he'd get a Max.

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

I'm not saying I would do anything. I'm just trying to look at our assets and get an idea of a trade that could happen. 

I'm fine rolling with what we got for sure. 

Loved what I saw today. We play as a team. They have this synergy thats special. They play for each other. We've got a great mix of vets and youth. The future is so bright. I'm not really tripping on a trade, but to a certain extent if we're not going to keep Collin we should get something for him. 

I'd rather keep him coming off the bench, but if he wants more shine which is understandable there is not point not getting anything for him. Only option wed have later is a potential sign and trade, but no one is going to want to pay him that much where he'd get a Max.

My point was centered more on Love and Rubio.

We would not be where we are without their play.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck