Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

imagine if Westbrook got traded and bought out this year….. what would we do

You try to sign him to the vet minimum since he's already being paid from the buyout.  Rondo is okay, but Westbrook would be an upgrade, in my opinion.  They both have bad jump shots, but Westbrook would be able to bring energy to the 2nd unit, he's taller at 6'3", so he has a better chance at defending shooting guards as well, and he's a much more willing rebounder then Rondo.  At the price, I think it's a no lose situation.  I don't think he would want to come here though.  

Peace!!!

Current trade rumors have Cavs being strong buyers and are looking at Levert, Gordon, and Hield.  Simmons?

Altman has been an astute trader the last couple of years after numerous mistakes early in his career.

IMHO Altman will make one trade before the deadline as we have the money and could use some shooting help.

8 hours ago, cortes02 said:

You try to sign him to the vet minimum since he's already being paid from the buyout.  Rondo is okay, but Westbrook would be an upgrade, in my opinion.  They both have bad jump shots, but Westbrook would be able to bring energy to the 2nd unit, he's taller at 6'3", so he has a better chance at defending shooting guards as well, and he's a much more willing rebounder then Rondo.  At the price, I think it's a no lose situation.  I don't think he would want to come here though.  

Peace!!!

Not sure I see Westbrook being ok with being energy off the bench either.

Too big of a personality, not really what we need.  I’d pass all together.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don't expect Westbrook to sign with the Cavaliers if he is bought out.  Like you said, his ego will most likely get in the way but it was just a thought.  You can't tell me that he wouldn't be an upgrade over Rondo though.

Peace!!!

14 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

I don't expect Westbrook to sign with the Cavaliers if he is bought out.  Like you said, his ego will most likely get in the way but it was just a thought.  You can't tell me that he wouldn't be an upgrade over Rondo though.

Peace!!!

Idk, I’m not a huge Westbrook fan.  He’s a bulk scorer and as ball dominant as they come and just about as inefficient.

I think he’s a player who’s excelled much more because of his absurd athleticism than skill and when his athleticism starts to go his game falls off a cliff.

All we need is a steady vet guard who plays with effort defensively, can distribute and make a shot.

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Idk, I’m not a huge Westbrook fan.  He’s a bulk scorer and as ball dominant as they come and just about as inefficient.

I think he’s a player who’s excelled much more because of his absurd athleticism than skill and when his athleticism starts to go his game falls off a cliff.

All we need is a steady vet guard who plays with effort defensively, can distribute and make a shot.

Rubio

200.webp?cid=ecf05e479uokxgdt6zwcyaj2bas

• Like 2

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No way he would come off the bench. He could play the 2 guard. We have zero real guard depth outside of garland. I’m not a Westbrook fan at all but we need something outside of garland. 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck