Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I don’t want to say we “lucked out.” However, we got incredibly fortunate that Garland and Allen have shown tremendous growth. We are also fortunate that Love has embraced his role off the bench. We did luck out landing Mobley.

We got lucky getting a top three pick because Mobley goes #1 in most drafts.

And remember the people who wanted to give up on Garland after his rookie year??

21 hours ago, DawgX said:

We got lucky getting a top three pick because Mobley goes #1 in most drafts.

And remember the people who wanted to give up on Garland after his rookie year??

I mean, how many people wanted to jettison Okoro in the off-season? We're benefitting from Altman's patience for sure. As well as some draft luck as well.

I can't decide if the Cavs are going to do MORE than we expect at the deadline (Grab Gordon AND a 2nd role player for instance), or LESS than we expect (Maybe Sexton is on track to be back even earlier than hoped and they plan on him at the bench scorer/facilitator for the playoffs?)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, FGK said:

I mean, how many people wanted to jettison Okoro in the off-season? We're benefitting from Altman's patience for sure. As well as some draft luck as well.

I can't decide if the Cavs are going to do MORE than we expect at the deadline (Grab Gordon AND a 2nd role player for instance), or LESS than we expect (Maybe Sexton is on track to be back even earlier than hoped and they plan on him at the bench scorer/facilitator for the playoffs?)

I think this holds answers to your questions:

https://cavaliersnation.com/2022/01/28/report-cavs-dont-want-to-make-a-deal-that-might-disrupt-how-special-the-teams-chemistry-is/

44 minutes ago, FGK said:

I get what you’re saying, but I refuse to call letting a guy play his second pro season at 20 years old “patience” lol.

44 minutes ago, FGK said:

I just hope they don’t do anything stupid.

Stick with the young, scrappy mentality.  If someone fits that, cool, but we don’t need some expensive goober.

Worst officiating I have seen all year. They were allowing the Pistons to hit our guys three, four, five, six times before calling a foul - and then call the ticky tack crap at the other end. No murder, no foul was the flavor of the day.

HORRID job. And I thought the NFL officiating was bad....

On to the Pelicans.

2 hours ago, brooks1957 said:

Worst officiating I have seen all year. They were allowing the Pistons to hit our guys three, four, five, six times before calling a foul - and then call the ticky tack crap at the other end. No murder, no foul was the flavor of the day.

HORRID job. And I thought the NFL officiating was bad....

On to the Pelicans.

When that happens I need JB to get fired up and tossed out of a game.

If you’re gonna be a defensive team, you need fire and anger occasionally. That could have sparked the team last night who was sleep walking.

I’m not saying be Bob Knight, but sometimes as a coach you need to press certain buttons in your guys.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, candyman93 said:

When that happens I need JB to get fired up and tossed out of a game.

If you’re gonna be a defensive team, you need fire and anger occasionally. That could have sparked the team last night who was sleep walking.

I’m not saying be Bob Knight, but sometimes as a coach you need to press certain buttons in your guys.

You have to stand up for them, protect them, too.

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck