Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Welp, the Cavs just rebranded and are releasing new uniforms in July. No more yellow, actual gold color. No more blue, but black instead.

I gotta say......Im trying to really like them--but Im finding that hard to do. It looks like they just took variables from each era and mashed them together. 

Lastly, they got rid of the sword?........why. I sort of hate when teams keep trying to force 'tradition' on everything they do like with the 2 last logos. Its perfectly fine to just create something awesome and new. Not everything has to be steeped in tradition and have nods to the past.

Edited by AkronsWitness

2 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Welp, the Cavs just rebranded and are releasing new uniforms in July. No more yellow, actual gold color. No more blue, but black instead.

I gotta say......Im trying to really like them--but Im finding that hard to do. It looks like they just took variables from each era and mashed them together. 

Lastly, they got rid of the sword?........why. I sort of hate when teams keep trying to force 'tradition' on everything they do like with the 2 last logos. Its perfectly fine to just create something awesome and new. Not everything has to be steeped in tradition and have nods to the past.

It’s like when the browns big rebrand was when they went to an oranger orange. 

43 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

It’s like when the browns big rebrand was when they went to an oranger orange. 

Whats frustrating is that Cleveland as a sports city, has the worst combo of team names/color schemes/logos of any other sports city IMO lol. The Browns and Guardians are both bad team names and each of them also have 2 horrendous logos. The Browns have a the worst color combo in the NFL and the Guardians have the same generic red/white/blue colors that 19 other MLB teams share because #america.

The Cavs are the only one with hope. They have a cool team name, historically really good/unique colors to work with and more times than not--good logos. It makes it easy to buy good looking apparel for the Cavs, the others not so much.

Thats why Im just hoping they dont botch whatever is going to be the primary/secondary logo and the new uniforms. They are are only hope of a well branded professional sports team in this city 😄

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

We have to get wings this off-season. Like bad. 

But the success of the Celtics is definitely encouraging when you look at Mobley and the proof that defense wins in the playoffs. 

We’ve got to get a wing though to have a shot. We gotta get a SF at 14 somehow 

12 hours ago, brownie man said:

We have to get wings this off-season. Like bad. 

But the success of the Celtics is definitely encouraging when you look at Mobley and the proof that defense wins in the playoffs. 

We’ve got to get a wing though to have a shot. We gotta get a SF at 14 somehow 

Tari Eason come on doooooooooown (or Malaki Branham)

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47o3hj4d6zv5jdfcy8x3

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47woy0ekerudmj3iv448

13 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Tari Eason come on doooooooooown (or Malaki Branham)

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47o3hj4d6zv5jdfcy8x3

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47woy0ekerudmj3iv448

Man I’m finally getting around to watching Eason. I like him a lot more than I thought I would. I see some young Paul George flashes honestly. Not to quite that talent level but I think he got a great skill set as a defensive wing who can develop offensively. 

Man I don’t think I’ve ever seen a draft this deep at the wing position. It’s pretty crazy there are going to be good wing prospects late in the first round. Someone is going to have to fall. 

Id love some way to get EJ Liddell and an upside wing. EJ is going to be such a good player but we could really use more length 

11 hours ago, brownie man said:

Man I’m finally getting around to watching Eason. I like him a lot more than I thought I would. I see some young Paul George flashes honestly. Not to quite that talent level but I think he got a great skill set as a defensive wing who can develop offensively. 

Man I don’t think I’ve ever seen a draft this deep at the wing position. It’s pretty crazy there are going to be good wing prospects late in the first round. Someone is going to have to fall. 

Id love some way to get EJ Liddell and an upside wing. EJ is going to be such a good player but we could really use more length 

He's not polished at all and relies on his athletic ability to make plays a lot. But if it clicks for him with more maturity in his game, he could be a absolutely force.

The Cavs haven't had a wing with that height weight speed athleticism combination outside of Lebron is so long. 

He's a little bit more spastic and raw than Paul George but I like where your heads at. The player that I see with him is Pascal Siakam.

I think as much as the Cavs need wing players, they are going to also need to look at that backup PG role. I'd like them to do something like this:

1st: Ousmane Dieng PG/SG/SF
2nd: JD Davison PG
2nd: Kofi Cockburn C

I would also be happy with Jeremy Sochan. Play him at SF and give ourselves the world's biggest and most defensive-oriented front court in the NBA.

Dieng: Big PG with great vision of the court, handle, and shooting upside. Already an elite defender. Has a lot of developing to do physically and when it comes to finishing at the rim. Can legitimately defend 1-4 and switch everything.

Davison: Pure offensive upside. Has everything you could want in a PG aside from consistency. He's wild and turnover prone. Seems to blow his proverbial wad on offense and play bleh defense due to being exhausted. Overdribbler.

Cockburn: The only time I'd wish for Cockburn. He's an old-school center that would be cheap depth. Love his shot blocking and his ability to bully down low. Reminds me of Kendrick Perkins.

Sochan: He's just a lockdown defensive player with great length, size, and athleticism. Has a decent feel for the game offensively, but his shot is very poor. At the very least, he's an elite defender that can legitimately switch to guard 1-5.

The internal conversations for the 14th pick — if the Cavs keep the player instead of trading his draft rights — have centered around Daniels (expected to be off the board when they are on the clock), Branham, Sochan, Davis (could go earlier than 14), Arizona shooting guard Ben Mathurin (Cavs watched him workout in LA), LSU’s Tari Eason (coming to Cleveland for a pre-draft workout soon), Kansas swingman Ochai Agbaji, Kentucky’s TyTy Washington, Ohio State forward E.J. Liddell (may conduct a workout with the Cavs this week) and French swingman Ousmane Dieng (his draft stock is all over the place).

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck