Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

Just watched Dieng 

he’s not even close to being the player he will be. Get him in the player development program we have and he could develop into something unique. 

If Koby were to take a swing at an overseas player I could understand it for sure. He might be special. He’s got some “it” to his game you see in flashes. 

Hes the Giannis type overseas player more then Luca. It might take a few years for him to develop, but he’s got a little bit of everything right now. 

While individually Daniels, Mathurin, Davis, and Dieng are all likely to be gone by 14, more likely than not at least one will be on board. 

The strength of this draft (outside bigs on top 3) is wings and that’s exactly what we need. 

I’m confident there will be a major contributor available, and hopefully we select em. 

44 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

While individually Daniels, Mathurin, Davis, and Dieng are all likely to be gone by 14, more likely than not at least one will be on board. 

The strength of this draft (outside bigs on top 3) is wings and that’s exactly what we need. 

I’m confident there will be a major contributor available, and hopefully we select em. 

Man honestly I want to somehow trade Sexton for a first rounder or somehow get another one

I don’t think I’ve ever in my life seen a draft so loaded at the wing position. It’s kinda crazy. Like Patrick Williams went pick 4 in that Okoro draft. I think there are like 8 wings as good as Patrick Williams in this draft. I want to somehow combine a high upside wing with a more ready to play wing

like Dieng and Liddel

or Eason and Patrick Waldin 

some of things wings are going to hit and we need to get one. If we could get two that could impact the franchise significantly 

On 6/10/2022 at 9:20 PM, candyman93 said:

Cavs worked out Malaki on Wednesday fwiw

I don't like his fit here. He can create his own shot, but aside from that, I don't see him being very valuable.

We need a dude that can handle the ball a bit, spot up in the corner for 3's, and play defense on 1-3 with length. That sounds exactly like Ousmane Dieng to me.

If Dieng is gone, I'd consider Tari Eason, Jeremy Sochan, Ochai Agbaji, Jalen Williams, or Nikola Jovic.

Eason: Length, elite switchability, and decent 3-ball. Doesn't create for himself.
Sochan: Size, length, can defend 1-5 at an elite level. No offensive game.
Agbaji: Elite athlete, tremendous backcourt defender, great outside shooter. Old for a prospect.
Williams: Great shooter, but has major athletic limitations. Joe Harris-type floor.
Jovic: Does a little bit of everything. Has length, handles, and can shoot. Slow-footed for defense.

My wish list:
1. Dieng
2. Sochan
3. Agbaji
4. Eason
5. Jovic
6. Williams

52 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

I don't like his fit here. He can create his own shot, but aside from that, I don't see him being very valuable.

We need a dude that can handle the ball a bit, spot up in the corner for 3's, and play defense on 1-3 with length. That sounds exactly like Ousmane Dieng to me.

If Dieng is gone, I'd consider Tari Eason, Jeremy Sochan, Ochai Agbaji, Jalen Williams, or Nikola Jovic.

Eason: Length, elite switchability, and decent 3-ball. Doesn't create for himself.
Sochan: Size, length, can defend 1-5 at an elite level. No offensive game.
Agbaji: Elite athlete, tremendous backcourt defender, great outside shooter. Old for a prospect.
Williams: Great shooter, but has major athletic limitations. Joe Harris-type floor.
Jovic: Does a little bit of everything. Has length, handles, and can shoot. Slow-footed for defense.

My wish list:
1. Dieng
2. Sochan
3. Agbaji
4. Eason
5. Jovic
6. Williams

1. Dieng - Love the prospect, but he is the ultimate boom/bust pick in the lotto. I think right now he is a draft and stash player overseas like they did Osman. The question is do the Cavs have that patience or do they need to find a 'right now' player.
2. Sochan- Watched his YT stuff, I just dont see the appeal with him. I guess he is all defense, no offense--but with Okoro, Stevens already being offensive projects on the wing, not sure the Cavs have room for another offensively challenged wing player.
3. Agbaji- The anti-Dieng. As right now as you can get in the lotto but maybe without the ceiling others have. He will certainly help right now and fill that wing scoring position nicely. Just wish he was 2-3in taller.
4. Eason- Wet dream.
5. Jovic- I know nothing
6. Williams--Fast riser, dont know much about him though.

I think my Cavs big board would be

`1. Eason 2. Branham 3. Dieng 4. Agbaji 5. Sochan 

Edited by AkronsWitness

Yeah I’m all in on Eason. 

He gives that best mix of having something to offer game 1 and having upside to contribute to grow. With his length and athletic ability he’s exactly what we need at the 3. 

Really hoping he’s our pick. Dieng I guess would be my number 2. We really need to take a swing at a wing player. 

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

We need a dude that can handle the ball a bit, spot up in the corner for 3's, and play defense on 1-3 with length. That sounds exactly like Ousmane Dieng to me

You can sign a 3-D guy off the street. It’s a terrible idea to draft a guy to do that. It’s like drafting a bench big who’s speciality is rebounding and hustling.

You can get ring chasers who do stuff like that.

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

You can sign a 3-D guy off the street. It’s a terrible idea to draft a guy to do that. It’s like drafting a bench big who’s speciality is rebounding and hustling.

You can get ring chasers who do stuff like that.

That’s so much easier said than done bro or we would have one already. 

There are only so many guys who even have the length and athleticism to guard 3-4s consistently. I think you’re underrating the D.

You know people off the street that can guard Gianni, Jaylen Brown, Tatum, Jimmy Butler, KD?

I’d love to see them and I’d need a talk with Koby on why we don’t already have one. 

4 minutes ago, brownie man said:

That’s so much easier said than done bro or we would have one already. 

There are only so many guys who even have the length and athleticism to guard 3-4s consistently. I think you’re underrating the D.

You know people off the street that can guard Gianni, Jaylen Brown, Tatum, Jimmy Butler, KD?

I’d love to see them and I’d need a talk with Koby on why we don’t already have one. 

Other than Garland, who on offense can get their own shot right now?

Nobody.

10 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Other than Garland, who on offense can get their own shot right now?

Nobody.

Sexton, but I agree with this in general. A guy like Branham would be fantastic just for that purpose alone. Where the Cavs stumbled last year was when playing tight games against good teams, they didnt have dudes who can just get a bucket by themselves in the halfcourt. 

The offense tightened up against the Hawks and if Garland wasnt 'on' doing it all, the team was clunky.

If Sexton comes back as that #2 bucket getter and Mobley takes a step himself, the Cavs will be fine.

I think if you trade Sexton--Branham/Agbaji has to be the pick but if you keep Sexton, Eason is the easy #1 choice.

• Like 1

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck