Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Centers have been devalued in the 2000’s.

However, there’s no excuse to not have Joker / Embiid instead of Horford.

They’ve been devalued, sure, but there’s always been better options.  Horford is a 14/8 guy for his career.  He’s a decent starter, nothing more. Might as well put Z on that list lol.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They’ve been devalued, sure, but there’s always been better options.  Horford is a 14/8 guy for his career.  He’s a decent starter, nothing more. Might as well put Z on that list lol.

I will not sit here and listen to Z negative speak good sir

• Like 1

Tonight’s draft will give a lot of information as to the development of their roster.  Yes the Sexton decision has not been publicly made but the direction of the team will be determined.  Barring trades and draft picks, I believe Cavs will trade up for their wing player who can defend or stay put and take Malaki OSU.  What do you think?

46 minutes ago, #32 said:

Tonight’s draft will give a lot of information as to the development of their roster.  Yes the Sexton decision has not been publicly made but the direction of the team will be determined.  Barring trades and draft picks, I believe Cavs will trade up for their wing player who can defend or stay put and take Malaki OSU.  What do you think?

I don't believe they will trade up.  Even though they are floating the idea of trading down, I see them staying put at 14....and believe they should!

They can take a big swing, and take a chance on the boom or bust of Dieng 

I can see them taking several players over Branham....Johnny Davis, Ogbaji, and possibly Jalen Williams who play the same position as Branham

Or they can go for a defensive minded Forward like Sochan, or Eason

some will be there, and some will be gone....and Branham is probably in the mix

40 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

I don't believe they will trade up.  Even though they are floating the idea of trading down, I see them staying put at 14....and believe they should!

They can take a big swing, and take a chance on the boom or bust of Dieng 

I can see them taking several players over Branham....Johnny Davis, Ogbaji, and possibly Jalen Williams who play the same position as Branham

Or they can go for a defensive minded Forward like Sochan, or Eason

some will be there, and some will be gone....and Branham is probably in the mix

Fedor said the Cavs have received a lot of calls about trading down. I really hope they dont. This might be the last time they are drafting this high for a while--use it to your advantage and get your last 'piece'. And by piece I mean a 6'8" wing who can shoot and score on his own.

Sochan/Eason-- As much as I love their athleticism and defense, the Cavs just dont need another defensive minded player who needs work on offense. They already have offensive project players all over the place. They need offense on the wing.

Branham- I saw a guy compare him to Kris Middleton. Cant believe that didnt hit me before but man thats a good comp from a size/style standpoint. Both are good but not great athletes, thrive in jumpshooting in the midrange, a little crafty, ect. More crafty/skilled than athletic--which is what Middleton is.

Davis- pipe dream because I dont see anyway he falls to 14

Agbaji- Safe. Ultra safe. 3/D wing with a limited upside. Saw somebody compare him to Danny Green which was interesting. He is probably going to be around the league as a role player for a long time, but he just isnt a guy who is going to magically turn into a core piece of this team.

Dieng- Swing for the fences which I wouldnt be mad at. Call me crazy, but there is something about a 6'10 SF with a guards skillset that gets me fired up, even if its a 20% chance of happening. His size, raw raw ability and unrefined game as a prospect reminds me of.......wait for it.......Giannis. Boom hot take.

Williams- Saw a draft expert compare him to a right handed Otto Porter Jr. and I have soured on him ever since lol But I wouldnt be mad if they took him either because at 14, who cares. Go big.

Edited by AkronsWitness
  • Like 1

Cavs acquired a third 2nd round pick. I think there’s 0 chance we end up drafting 4 players. Koby is working on something bigger imo.

Rumors that we have been in talks with the Spurs for Dejounte Murray, I would LOVE to see that happen. Murray is a perfect compliment to DG and would give us the best backcourt in the east.

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

Cavs acquired a third 2nd round pick. I think there’s 0 chance we end up drafting 4 players. Koby is working on something bigger imo.

Rumors that we have been in talks with the Spurs for Dejounte Murray, I would LOVE to see that happen. Murray is a perfect compliment to DG and would give us the best backcourt in the east.

https://cavaliersnation.com/2022/06/23/report-cavs-have-had-conversations-with-spurs-on-trade-for-dejounte-murray/

1 minute ago, bigben07MVP said:

Where does Murray fit if we resign sexton? We gonna pay sexton 20M per to come off the bench?

Oh good grief. A.J. Griffin is actually available. I'm going to be crushed if we don't go that direction. If he continues progressing and stays healthy, he's an insanely perfect fit with Garland. Branham would be the only one who would soften the blow.

• Like 1