Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

9 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

It's a shame that Cleveland is never considered a place that "stars" want to play.  When the news of Irving looking to move on from Brooklyn happened, I thought about what it would take to get Durant?  Then I saw a tweet from his brother, saying no, when Lillard was recruiting him.  Sure it's KD's brother, but......Durant ain't goin to Portland.  He ain't comin here either.

That story could be built up though....Durant:  "Hey Bron...I am goin to YOUR hometown, and gonna win more rings there than you did.

It would be, but KD doesn’t have that mentality. He and all his burner accounts show he’s the most insecure superstar in pro sports. He wants to do his thing his way without pressure and expectations.

51 minutes ago, big poppa pump said:

It's a shame that Cleveland is never considered a place that "stars" want to play.  When the news of Irving looking to move on from Brooklyn happened, I thought about what it would take to get Durant?  Then I saw a tweet from his brother, saying no, when Lillard was recruiting him.  Sure it's KD's brother, but......Durant ain't goin to Portland.  He ain't comin here either.

That story could be built up though....Durant:  "Hey Bron...I am goin to YOUR hometown, and gonna win more rings there than you did.

It does suck that that whenever a really good player hits FA, I dont even consider the Cavs being a place they would go. Its like I already mentally write them off as a option because I know no FA will ever come here.

No FA wanted to come here when we had the GOAT (imo) on our team, surely there is no hope now with him not here.

I was listening to the NBA XM channel driving the other day and the host of the show was going through all of these places KD could go if Kyrie left. They made cases literally for 1/2 of the NBA ....including Denver and Toronto, but never mentioned the Cavs eventhough him on this team would be a easy championship contender. 

Even they know there is no chance in hell someone like that is going to CLE despite how much sense it would make so they dont even talk about it.

16 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

It does suck that that whenever a really good player hits FA, I dont even consider the Cavs being a place they would go. Its like I already mentally write them off as a option because I know no FA will ever come here.

No FA wanted to come here when we had the GOAT (imo) on our team, surely there is no hope now with him not here.

I was listening to the NBA XM channel driving the other day and the host of the show was going through all of these places KD could go if Kyrie left. They made cases literally for 1/2 of the NBA ....including Denver and Toronto, but never mentioned the Cavs eventhough him on this team would be a easy championship contender. 

Even they know there is no chance in hell someone like that is going to CLE despite how much sense it would make so they dont even talk about it.

And this is what I struggle with.....You can't say that your about championships, and rule out certain teams, that could win a championship with you as the missing piece.

I mean...you would have to give up either Garland or Mobley imo....and several 1st rounders..but they (Nets) wouldn't get a ton of better offers

• Like 1

I ultimately think Colin will take the QO and try and prove it. But if we can resign him for $15-20M to be a bench player that’s a dream.

Herro and Brunson are gonna get $25M+. Poole might get the same. Sexton is easily that tier of player and should be ultilzed in the Poole role off the bench.

All of Sextons weaknesses are minimized off the bench and his strengths are maximized

-He can focus more on scoring vs distributing because he won’t be sharing the court and touches with our other 4 best players

-He can keep points flowing with DG sitting which we struggle to do

-He will have easier defensive matchups

-He will be one of the most talented bench players in the league and a mismatch

My fear is he takes the QO and tries to be a star and hurts himself and the team. He’s a bench player on 25ish teams in the NBA and that’s not a bad thing. He can be an absolute star in his role. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, roger murdock said:

He’s a bench player on 25ish teams in the NBA and that’s not a bad thing. He can be an absolute star in his role. 

That’s what I’m saying. I just hope his pride doesn’t get to him and he loses out on being a championship level 6 man. 

he can be top 3 6 man in the league 

5 hours ago, roger murdock said:

All of Sextons weaknesses are minimized off the bench and his strengths are maximized

-He can focus more on scoring vs distributing because he won’t be sharing the court and touches with our other 4 best players

-He can keep points flowing with DG sitting which we struggle to do

-He will have easier defensive matchups

-He will be one of the most talented bench players in the league and a mismatch

If I’m JB, tell Collin his job is to just “get buckets.”

I worry about the money aspect for him.

Edited by candyman93

18 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Murray to the Hawks for 3 unprotected 1sts and Gallo. Good lord.

I'm at the point already in the Cavs off-season begging for them to make a move while we sit around and watch every other team in the EC load up lol 

I would have liked to have done that deal but I don’t think there’s any game changing moves to be made. Our moves are to be healthy and bring back Rubio. 

6 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I would have liked to have done that deal but I don’t think there’s any game changing moves to be made. Our moves are to be healthy and bring back Rubio. 

I would have offered Sexton + 2 1sts. Murray would be a great fit next to Garland.

Problem with Rubio is he won't be ready until January. I wonder if that causes hesitation.

Patty Mills just became a FA, wonder if there is some interest there, he could be that veteran backup PG.

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

I would have offered Sexton + 2 1sts. Murray would be a great fit next to Garland.

Problem with Rubio is he won't be ready until January. I wonder if that causes hesitation.

Patty Mills just became a FA, wonder if there is some interest there, he could be that veteran backup PG.

I like Patty Mills but he’s not exactly a perfect fit for what we need from a backup PG, especially if Sexton is the 6th man. We need another floor general like Rubio. I honestly would not hate bringing back Rondo until Rubio is healthy. He wouldn’t be relied on nearly as much as last year. 

4 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Murray to the Hawks for 3 unprotected 1sts and Gallo. Good lord.

I'm at the point already in the Cavs off-season begging for them to make a move while we sit around and watch every other team in the EC load up lol 

I really wanted Murray and it sucks that he ended up on the Hawks but I think giving up 3 unprotected 1sts for him would’ve been a big mistake. He’s a good fit next to Garland, but not perfect enough of a fit to push all our chips in for, not to mention it would also result in us losing Sexton. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

I like Patty Mills but he’s not exactly a perfect fit for what we need from a backup PG, especially if Sexton is the 6th man. We need another floor general like Rubio. I honestly would not hate bringing back Rondo until Rubio is healthy. He wouldn’t be relied on nearly as much as last year. 

He might not be a perfect fit from a creation standpoint, but he would still fill a needed role of being a vet backup. At this point, Im not sure the 'perfect' option is going to be out there and if there is, the Cavs likely cant afford him.

I guess a option of rolling with Sexton/LeVert as the backup ball handlers from OCT-JAN until Rubio gets healthy is there but that is a lot to ask from a roster gymnastics standpoint.

Lets see who keeps coming available in the next few days. They need a backup PG, backup C and a SF. Ive lost hope in them actually caring about SF, so if they can just use that MLE to address PG/C that would be as good as its going to get i guess. There are only so many roster spots left, this roster is already filled out without a trade of somekind so I highly doubt they just start bringing in guys left and right.

If Rubio takes scraps b/c of his injury timeline, could we go out and sign him and a guy like Serge Ibaka for backup C? We'll see. We have the a little bit of money to basically fill Rubio/Ed Davis roles from last year.

Edited by AkronsWitness

27 minutes ago, brownie man said:

I think we could make a package of 

Sexton, Caris, Dean Wade and like 3-4 first rounders for KD

If it’s up to Brooklyn getting the best package I think we actually will be in the running. 

Might have to package Lauri instead of Wade

Sexton, Caris, Lauri, and 3 first rounders 

I think that could get it done 

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck