Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck

LETSGOBROWNIES

31 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I told this to sda. Sexton just gives me Brandon Jennings vibes. He’s going to go to a garbage team like Sacramento and fade out of existence.

I hope not but each day goes by I think its getting less likely he returns to the Cavs past the 1 year QO. I also say this because the coaching staff seems to love themselves some Caris LeVert.

On 8/16/2022 at 9:26 AM, sdrawkcab321 said:

I think he’s slightly better. But he’s a dime a dozen player that I wouldn’t pay over 12M for. 

Idk about that. Comparing the two, sexton is a more efficient scorer but Jennings was a way better facilitator and defender. I would take a Jennings type player over a sexton type player

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

Idk about that. Comparing the two, sexton is a more efficient scorer but Jennings was a way better facilitator and defender. I would take a Jennings type player over a sexton type player

Both are/were dime a dozen players. Neither is worth much to a team. 

39 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Both are/were dime a dozen players. Neither is worth much to a team. 

IDK about going that far. If the Cavs had Sexton last year, he would have helped them avoid the play-in entirely. 

His worth is that of a high volume 6th man which those players do have value, just not Max value. 

Jordan Clarkson got 4/51M but he is 30. Considering Sextons age and room for growth I could see him being worth 4/65M

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

IDK about going that far. If the Cavs had Sexton last year, he would have helped them avoid the play-in entirely. 

His worth is that of a high volume 6th man which those players do have value, just not Max value. 

Jordan Clarkson got 4/51M but he is 30. Considering Sextons age and room for growth I could see him being worth 4/65M

I don’t think garland goes off with sexton continuing to play next to him and playing with tunnel vision. As soon as sexton went out garland became a star. I don’t think that’s a coincidence. 

16 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I don’t think garland goes off with sexton continuing to play next to him and playing with tunnel vision. As soon as sexton went out garland became a star. I don’t think that’s a coincidence. 

Thats why I think they can be staggered and when Garland comes out, thats when Sexton goes in with that second unit of Rubio/Osman/Okoro/Love. I really think the key to maximizing Sexton is reducing the amount of responsibility he has. When he is in the starting lineup, he thinks too much. Toss him out there with the second unit with no other responsibility besides to score as a SG and he will likely do much better for the team.

10 minutes ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Eventhough the Cavs could easily offer a great package of young players + picks, I doubt they do. I also wonder how much Mitcehll would like going from UTA to CLE for his career, he seems like a guy hellbent on getting to the limelight.

Sexton + Okoro + Lauri + 2 FRP? The defensive backcourt of Garland/Mitchell however would be......less than desirable 

Edited by AkronsWitness

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10046804-espn-cavs-wont-trade-jarrett-allen-darius-garland-or-mobley-for-donovan-mitchell

I keep saying Caris Collin Okoro and a first 

I believe that’s fair. That’s 4 first round players. 3 of which have contributed as legit nba players. That’s the farthest I’d go. Maybe a second round pick in addition but that’s it. 

6 hours ago, brownie man said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10046804-espn-cavs-wont-trade-jarrett-allen-darius-garland-or-mobley-for-donovan-mitchell

I keep saying Caris Collin Okoro and a first 

I believe that’s fair. That’s 4 first round players. 3 of which have contributed as legit nba players. That’s the farthest I’d go. Maybe a second round pick in addition but that’s it. 

I feel like Mobley is untouchable and Allen would require a LOT for me to move him. Those 2 ARE the franchise because they have rare abilities.

However, I’d swap Garland and Mitchell.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I feel like Mobley is untouchable and Allen would require a LOT for me to move him. Those 2 ARE the franchise because they have rare abilities.

However, I’d swap Garland and Mitchell.

There’s no way in hell I’d do that. I like Mitchell but garland has Lillard level potential. He’ll probably reach that this year. 

I like Allen but he’s not rare at all. An athletic rim running shot blocking big is about as common as they come. He just happens to be one of the best at it who’s not a complete nightmare when guarding outside of the paint. But his type is not at all rare. 

Edited by sdrawkcab321

• FGK changed the title to Cavaliers Thread: We Somehow Both Don't and Do Suck