Cavaliers Thread: We Don’t Suck Again!

LETSGOBROWNIES

It’s hilarious the stark contrast between Dan Gilbert and Paul Dolan.

The Cavs do not draft and develop guys anywhere close to what the Guardians do. By all accounts, the Guardians have probably the best front office in their sport. They do things the “right way.”

Yet, you know Dan Gilbert does not F around and you feel way more confident that he will win a title before Dolan.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, candyman93 said:

The Cavs do not draft and develop guys anywhere close to what the Guardians do. By all accounts, the Guardians have probably the best front office in their sport. They do things the “right way.”

Yet, you know Dan Gilbert does not F around and you feel way more confident that he will win a title before Dolan.

Watching the baseball team fade down the stretch after refusing to buy in any capacity at the deadline is the most predictable and frustrating ending to a magical season ever.

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

Watching the baseball team fade down the stretch after refusing to buy in any capacity at the deadline is the most predictable and frustrating ending to a magical season ever.

Which is why I cant get behind supporting this team. And from the look of the fan attendance a lot of other people can’t either. I really hope the new owner fixes some of this. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

Which is why I cant get behind supporting this team. And from the look of the fan attendance a lot of other people can’t either. I really hope the new owner fixes some of this. 

I’m actually all for the Moneyball approach and they’ve got a knack for it, but you also have to make moves and buy even marginally at some point.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

I’m actually all for the Moneyball approach and they’ve got a knack for it, but you also have to make moves and buy even marginally at some point.

You have to know when to go in (not even all in) and make a run at things and you need to at least keep one or two fan favorites long term. Jose being resigned was a pleasant surprise and was much needed.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You have to know when to go in (not even all in) and make a run at things and you need to at least keep one or two fan favorites long term. Jose being resigned was a pleasant surprise and was much needed.

All I wanted from them this year was to acquire 1-2 average tier bats which would have cost them next to nothing.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2022 at 7:56 PM, candyman93 said:

They do it the “right way” cause they can’t do it any other way because of the dolans

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MWil23 said:

They could have bought a legit talent this year with the amount of top tier prospects they have. Doesn’t make sense cause they know they won’t keep him. Need the Blitzer take over to go sooner rather than later